Release Speculation

Vath

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn, I missed it.

Is there anywhere I can see it online, even though its over? Smash Bros, Pokemon and Fire Emblem have me interested.

It will probably be uploaded to their youtube channel sometime soon.

EDIT: It's there now.

Edited by sallas09

Fire emblem gets a 2013 release and DLC confirmed.

Didn't see anything on Smash bros.

For pokemon b/w2: Homika (2nd gym leader) gets translated to Roxie; The kami trio forms are apparently called the Therian formes. That's it so far

Nothing from Sakurai from the broadcast itself, but I think his and the NB staff comments should be making rounds right about now. Kotaku already has an article up. Not too concerned about the developer... more concerned if they pull off some ridiculous DLC ala Tales and the bunch of them

Andriasang: http://andriasang.com/con1m1/bannam_smash/

Kotaku: http://andriasang.com/con1m1/bannam_smash/

Nintendo: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012/message

Edited by Remnant Sage

Sakurai on Smah Bros.:

We will fully utilize our experience and knowledge in action/fighting game development, technical capability, and organizational strength, and we hereby promise you that we will develop the best and most powerful "Super Smash Bros." title ever!

Link: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/06-21-2012/message

Edited by Exiledwolf

Rosalina in a swimsuit wearing a maid headband. First thing that popped into my head when Xillia and Tales popped into my head for DLC. XD

So the quote still isn't up yet, according to those sources. No wait, that was the quote. Darn.

Edited by Only My Unit

The Namco guy directed Soul Calibur. Let's hope Smash Bros. does(n't) follow their DLC trends.

Speaking of Soul Calibur, Smash Bros. and FE, I know it won't really happen, but Zelgius (Black/Dark Knight) Vs Graf Dumas (Nightmare) would be awesome.

Edited by Only My Unit

I'm hoping Awakening will be a Q1 release, because I really don't want to wait a year for it. Missing the holiday release was really unfortunate, but since they're still showing the Japanese version, it's clear that there isn't even a translation underway.

Which makes sense though, because Pokemon and FE are both owned by GameFreak. BW2 will make more money because its Pokemon, so all the more reason to finish it first.

To be fair, a 2013 release is great for sales. It would never have competed against the Mario games, Pokemon BW 2, Luigi's Mansion and all the other big name titles in the West. Japan, it's a different story, but in the West where the series isn't as well-known, it's a good move.

Better sales means rise in popularity and a greater chance of future games coming over.

I'm hoping Awakening will be a Q1 release, because I really don't want to wait a year for it. Missing the holiday release was really unfortunate, but since they're still showing the Japanese version, it's clear that there isn't even a translation underway.

Which makes sense though, because Pokemon and FE are both owned by GameFreak. BW2 will make more money because its Pokemon, so all the more reason to finish it first.

Actually, Fire Emblem is Intelligent Systems, not Gamefreak. IS has been responsible for Pushmo and I believe the Paper Mario games (not Super Paper Mario)

Actually, Fire Emblem is Intelligent Systems, not Gamefreak. IS has been responsible for Pushmo and I believe the Paper Mario games (not Super Paper Mario)

You know what's funny about that is that I meant to type Intelligent Systems instead of Gamefreak. Still would've meant that I was wrong though.

Besides, with FE not out until 2013 I can spend time not playing the Wii U.

I admit though, I am disappointed. I understand the practicality of the release, but I think I am going to lose my mind waiting for it.