Rate The Unit 1 : Alm

PuffPuff

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Normal.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody has already given good reason for a score +/- half a point from yours, you can decide not to explain your score, but I always encourage personal reasoning. Incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Weapon" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Now...Alm

-Can use first before Cellica

-Levels up really slowly after a few level gains until Chapter 3.

-Is sword locked until class change.

-Grows well is exceedingly everything but Luck which he only has a 20% chance at growing in.

-Needed to complete the game!

316pxalmcomplete.jpg

Overall

8.9/10

Edited by アイネ

Watch 2-3 people vote in this poll for every character.

Makes it easier to calculate. xD

I've waited for this.

Alm is the best character you get in his team. He's a bit shaky starting chapter 3 due to not being able to double with equipped swords but as soon as he gets the Regal Sword and, later on, Falchion, he's pretty much unstoppable. Plus he's required to defeat Doma.

9/10 for being a bit shaky in early chapter 3.

Also... 14t26ah.png

+0.5 bias for stabbing Doma right in the eye makes 9.5/10

Edited by Quirino

Makes it easier to calculate. xD

Also gives you a horribly inaccurate score for what's supposed to be a relatively accurate rating for the usefulness of a character as decided by the fanbase. Then again *looks at Calill vs Soren scores in RD RTU*

That said, 8.5/10 I have no justification for this, but Alm seems like he's basically PoR Ike before PoR Ike.

Haven't played Gaiden in such a long time, IIRC he's pretty much the best character in the game, give him the Holy Bow and he is a walking god! The only letdown is his speed otherwise he's a perfect fighter!

Overall Grade: 9.5/10

14t26ah.png

Also, finishing strike FTW!

9.5/10

Because no one plays his game, the poor guy is so underrated. He was probably my most powerful unit in Gaiden, barring maybe the pegasi. However he has a bit of a weak start, but nothing compared to Leaf or Roy. I wish more people played his game...

I've waited for this.

Alm is the best character you get in his team. He's a bit shaky starting chapter 3 due to not being able to double with equipped swords but as soon as he gets the Regal Sword and, later on, Falchion, he's pretty much unstoppable. Plus he's required to defeat Doma.

9/10 for being a bit shaky in early chapter 3.

Also... 14t26ah.png

+0.5 bias for stabbing Doma right in the eye makes 9.5/10

Make mine a +1 bias instead.

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

supposed to be a relatively accurate rating for the usefulness of a character

Are we looking at the same series of threads?

Alm's got good bases and growths (by FE2 standards) and a lot of levels to take advantage of them. He's also really good at tanking (even better than armors) and has insane availability (being a lord and all). 10/10

I would give him a +1 bias for being one of my favourite lords, but his score is already capped out.