Higurashi Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god I love bastard mod

9 town members, 4 revealed mafia, 1 survivor, 1 hidden mafia, 1 HIDDEN CULT LEADER. Revealed mafia was Eclipse, Helios, Cam and Marth, survivor was Manix (Would I really put a vanilla townie in a game like this?), hidden mafia was Prims, HIDDEN CULT LEADER was Kaoz. Why? Because balance can go fuck itself.

Rule 29 was the key to everything - It negated rule 27 wrt hidden players, and it caused an absolute truckload of confusion. Which was kinda what happened in Higurashi, so that was amazing. Also, the fact that I broke my own rule about starting on N0 should have indicated something was up, so there's that =D

Anyway, role PMs~

---

TOWN

[spoiler=Rein/Aere]

Dear user,

You are Maebara Keiichi.

11al7ro.jpg

You’re the new kid in Hinamizawa, but you’ve been accepted in town rather quickly, making quite a lot of new friends. You are extremely protective of your friends, and you will go to any length to protect them, though sometimes that doesn’t have such… desirable results.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X – Standing Guard over USER". You will travel to USER’s house, redirecting any night actions directed at USER towards yourself. However, as standing guard the entire night does take its toll, you may only use this ability once every 2 nights.

In addition, you may survive one attempt on your life.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town have been removed.

Night Actions: N1 - Bizz

Died: Murdered in MAFIA KILLING SPREE on Day 3.

Rein didn't do too much when he was alive, aside from bugging me to end phase. Didn't do anything aside from that, Aere subbed in and also did nothing. His info about protecting Bizz was helpful, but in the end he couldn't really do anything about it, because MAFIA KILLING SPREE.

---

[spoiler=Balcerzak]

Dear user,

You are Sonozaki Mion.

nZTeQ.jpg

You are the leader of the Hinamizawa School Club, as well as the heir to the Sonozaki family. You are a little bit of a tomboy, but you also have your girly side. As club chairman, but more importantly, as a friend, you want to help your friends defeat whatever evil is in Hinamizawa, no matter what it takes.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Tracking USER". You will follow USER throughout the night, finding out whom USER visits.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town have been removed.

Night Actions: N1 - Helios

N2 - BBM

Died: Killed by Eclipse on N2

Balcerzak was kinda quiet >: I wish he had posted more, because Balcerzak. Was accidentally killed by Eclipse on N2 as part of her role, but it's not as though she minded~

---

[spoiler=Shinori]

Dear user,

You are Ryuugu Rena.

9zmwc4.jpg

You absolutely adore anything which you find cute, almost always trying to take such things home with you. However, you can become extremely scary when angered, and you detest talk about Oyashiro, which sets you off rather easily.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Taking USER home with me!" You will abduct USER, taking them to your house so you can squeal at how cute they are. However, you will be forced to release USER at the beginning of the following night.

Night Actions: double idle ;/

Shinori was pretty active, posted a lot, etc. Had a small bandwagon on him several times, but nothing too bad. Would have done a lot more, if not for MAFIA KILLING SPREE.

---

[spoiler=Subieko]

Dear user,

You are Sonozaki Shion.

66jjir.jpg

You are Mion's (supposedly younger) twin sister. You seem more girly and refined compared to your sister, but in reality, you're about as clever and manipulative as her - perhaps, even more so.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Taking down USER". If you are killed during the Night Phase or the following Day Phase, you will kill USER before you die.

look at dem boobs

Night Actions: N1 - Marth

N2 - Helios (OMG DOUBLE MAFIA)

Subieko was talking a lot of sense throughout the game, and I really like the way she played. The only thing is that as a role that triggered on death, if I were her I'd have played a little more aggressively to make myself a mafia target, but regardless, great play. If only there was no MAFIA KILLING SPREE...

---

[spoiler=Elieson]

Dear user,

You are Furude Hanyuu.

9zln9u.jpg

You are a girl whom was sacrificed centuries ago at a Watanagashi ceremony, and after that, you became a goddess. You are rather innocent and polite, but you have an angry, godly side to you as well...

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Reveal USER's Destiny". If you are killed during the Night Phase or following Day Phase, you will reveal the role PM of your target to everyone.

Night Actions: N1 - Balcerzak

N2 - Eclipse

I have no idea what the hell Elieson was doing, coming up with conspiracy theories about Iris being a player and whatever else he was saying. Again, with a role that activates on death, you might not want to act so stupid that mafia won't want to target you so they can laugh at you, ja?

---

[spoiler=Bizz]

Dear user,

You are Irie Kyosuke.

j0a2hz.jpg

You are the head doctor of the Irie Clinic in Hinamizawa. You appear cheerful, but you have a rather dark past.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Injecting USER with C-123". You will inject USER with an antidote for the Hinamizawa Syndrome, reducing the stage of the syndrome in USER by up to 3 levels.

Night Actions: N1 - Eclipse

N2 - BBM

Died: Poison killed N2 by mafia

Bizz died again D: D: D: D: D:

---

[spoiler=scorri]

Dear user,

You are Akasaka Mamoru.

acyg3.jpg

You are a young police investigator from Tokyo, initially sent to Hinamizawa to investigate a kidnapping. You are a very able combatant, as well as a rather cunning man, as shown in your games of mahjong.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - USER, I've got your back". You will strive to protect USER throughout the Night Phase, preventing any non-fatal night actions from targeting him.

Night Actions: you fucking lynched her d1

Died: D1

Scorri came in, died instantly in one of the most unfair lynches I've ever seen, then guessed the entire mafia in IRC. For that, and for, you know, getting lynched D1 (pity points to her!), she gets Town MVP.

also you guys may not want to lynch someone if they have 0 votes when they go to sleep

js

---

[spoiler=BBM]

Dear user,

You are Tatsuyoshi Kasai.

lh1t1.jpg

You are Shion's bodyguard, and an extremely strong combatant. As Shion's confidante, your task is to asist her - and her allies - throughout this conflict.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Guarding USER". If USER is targeted to be killed during the night, you will be able to stop their attacker, saving USER's life.

Night Actions: N1 - Eclipse

N2 - Bizz

Hurk. BBM felt like he was flailing a bit in the thread (but not as bad as Elie), but in the end, he sorta pulled through. The reason he didn't save Bizz was because I stated (in the spreadsheet!) that he would only protect against normal kills, such as mafia shot or Subieko's ability. Bizz's death came in a different fashion, so she died.

---

[spoiler=Kay]

Dear user,

You are Kimiyoshi Kiichirou.

4h9sfn.jpg

You are the chief of Hinamizawa and head of the Kimiyoshi House. You absolutely hate enemies of Hinamizawa, which has led to several... unpleasant occurrances for you in some of the worlds.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Investigation time". In that message, you may include one question which has a Yes/No answer. The answer will be revealed to you at the beginning of the following Day Phase.

Night Actions: N1 - "Are there any hidden players in the game?" (YES)

N2 - "Am I madly in love with Bizz Is Bizz a member of the town?" (YES TO BOTH)

Died: Lynched D3.

Poor, poor Kay. Her death ended the game, because she barely felt like defending herself. She was way too quiet in the game. I don't know why she claimed JoAT; I suppose she thought that when faced with lynching Doc or JoAT, town would choose to NL or lynch someone else?

That's pretty decent logic, actually.

---

MAFIA

The original mafia was Helios, Cam and Marth, with Prims as their hidden. Eclipse joined after a little dumb luck on N2, which got her to win as well, so yay.

[spoiler=Helios]

Dear user,

You are Takano Miyo.

2e5k2kg.jpg

You are the adopted daughter of Takano Hifumi, your father's former professor. You are obsessed with stories of Hinamizawa's past, and hope to become a God by proving the existence of Hinamizawa syndrome. And to do that, you'll need to exterminate the whole of Hinamizawa with the disease.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with any one of these night actions.

"Night X - Inject USER with H-170". USER will be injected with a drug which induces the effects of Hinamizawa Syndrome. This will cause USER to attain L1 status. Certain events will cause the stage of USER's Hinamizawa syndrome to progress until they pass L5, where they will kill themselves.

"Night X - Redirecting USER1 to USER2". USER1 will be redirected to target USER2 instead of his initial target. You may only use this ability once.

"Night X - Encounter USER". You will take a drive, being able to find USER during the night. You will have a chat with USER and offer to bring them home instead, preventint USER from carrying out their night action. You may only use this ability once.

"Night X - Research on USER". Files on USER will be dug up, and the Yamainu will also spy on USER. This will reveal USER's role PM to you. You may only use this ability once.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win when all members of the town have been killed.

Night Actions: N1 - Inject Eclipse

N2 - Inject Bizz

Died: SURVIVED

Helios' role was godly (ha ha irony), and he made rather good use of it. His inject on Eclipse inadvertently led to her joining the mafia, and his N2 inject led to Bizz's instant death (The joke was that the only person who could slow down the syndrome was the only one who would immediately die to it). In terms of the way he played, he did pretty decent, don't think he really screwed up, good on him.

---

[spoiler=Bluedoom/Marth]Dear user,

You are Okonogi Tetsuro.

2uol3s6.png

You are the leader of the Yamainu, and a very skilled combatant. You are also very calculating and smart, making you a wily tactician as well.

During the Night Phase, you may assist Takano in carrying out any of her operations, separate from her. You may do so by replying to your role PM with the appropriate night action.

In addition, if you or Takano were to be killed, the other will be able to save the attacked person, preventing their death. This may only happen once.

If Takano were to die, whether by lynching or via a role, you and Takano will swap role PMs. As such, "you" will die, while "Takano" will stay alive.

In addition, if you were to die or be lynched, well... something will happen, you're sure of it.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win when all members of the town have been killed.

Night Actions: N1 - Investigate Balcerzak

Died: Lynched D2

Marth kinda fucked up on D2 with his posts, so blegh. I really liked the extra condition in his role PM, but there was never a chance to use it.

---

[spoiler=Cam]Dear user,

You are a random Yamainu mook.

zv7xnq.jpg

You're just a random guy in the Yamainu. Why are you trying to destroy an entire town? Why are you working for these people? Do you actually know what you're doing? Well, you don't really care, because as long as you get to feed your family and eat some pie, you're alright with doing anything. Anything.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Guarding USER". The Yamainu will be on standby near USER, assisting USER in their operation. As such, any investigative roles targeting or showing USER in their report will either not pick up on USER, or fail entirely.

Night Actions: N1 - Helios

N2 - Helios

Cam's posts and ideas were insane, and at times, so fucked up that I had no idea what he was talking about. I guess his posts were so ridiculous that no one thought he could have been mafia? He was also told to fabricate a watcher report with BBM and Kay on it, which actually worked and won the mafia the game. Good on you, Cam.

---

[spoiler=Eclipse]

Dear user,

You are Ooishi Kuraudo.

1zeihwg.jpg

You are detective in Hinamizawa, whom strongly suspects the Sonozaki family for causing the deaths and disappearances during the Watanagashi Festival. You may seem cheerful, but you can be intimidating when you want to me, even resorting to violence at times...

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Investigate USER". You will have a chat with USER and confuct some background research on them, being able to find out their alliance.

You are allied with the Town. You win when all threats to the town have been removed. You are allied with the Mafia. You win when all members of the town have been killed.

Night Actions: N1 - Marth

N2 - Balcerzak

Died: SURVIVED

Ah, Eclipse. This was fantastic. After being injected N1, she got a message related to the Sonozaki twins (and the cult leader, but she didn't know he existed!) This sort of sent her crazy (both in the game AND irl!). She investigated Balcerzak N2, which resulted in her shooting him because, again, crazy disease ftw. Having killed Bal, she was PM'd with a choice - Join the mafia and get the syndrome reduced to L0, or stay as town at her current syndrome level. It's obvious what she chose.

Also mommy gets least valuable player on the mafia for getting one of her (future) teammates lynched. Bad on you, mom!

---

[spoiler=Prims]

Dear user,

You are Tokyo.

how do you expect me to find a picture of a fucking company

You're a huge corporation (don't ask me how that works) interested in the Hinamizawa Syndrome, potentially as use as a biological weapon. Efficient and ruthless, you will do whatever it takes to get your hands on the Syndrome, while maintaining your own interests in the meantime.

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - USER1, let's get down to business". You will "negotiate" with USER1, forcing USER1 to vote for USER2 upon threat of death.

In addition, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Make USER magically disappear". USER will be captured by your forces in the night, never to be seen again. This is a separate kill from the mafia's kill.

In addition, you are allowed to use OC to contact other players in the game. Why? Because you're a goddamn company.

Night Actions: none

Died: he didn't go bankrupt

Prims was gr9. From the way Eclipse was acting and Balcerzak's death, he was able to infer that she was mafia (I don't understand how either), chatting with her on IRC on D3. The reason the game ended was that the 2 kills, plus the persuade would have put the vote firmly in the mafia's favour, so there was no point in continuing. MVP on mafia for having such an OP role.

Also, this was the 'something' that was referred to in Marth's role PM - Marth's death would 'trigger' Prims not being, y'know, hidden.

---

Mafia kills:

N1 - Bizz (>:)

N2 - Rein/Aere

---

SELF-ALIGNED

[spoiler=Kaoz]

Dear user,

You are Sonozaki Oryou.

2lwvgc8.jpg

You are the head of the Sonozaki house. Even though you seem like a demon (As your granddaughters lovingly refer to you), you actually do love the two of them, somewhat. Also, everyone thinks you're behind the yearly killings, but that's not really true, is it?

During the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Threatening USER with death!" Men under the employment of the Sonozaki family will approach USER, forcing USER to swear allegiance to you. This will alter USER's role PM.

Alternatively, during the Night Phase, you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Swapping USER1 and USER2". USER1 and USER2 will be redirected by your men, causing any night actions targeted at USER1 to affect USER2 instead, and vice versa. You may only use this role once.

In addition, as you're such an old woman, nobody really expects you to be involved in such a conflict. In other words, you're a hidden player.

You are allied with the Cult. You win when all living players have been added to the cult.

Night Actions: N1 - Idle

N2 - Redirect Aere and Life

lol kaoz. He didn't actually pay attention until N2, then he swapped Aere and Life because why the fuck not? Of course, Life not actually playing meant that the mafia's kill did nothing, so... !!! He said he didn't care what happened to the game, so I killed him off with the rest of the town :D:

---

[spoiler=Manix]

Dear user,

You are a tourist.

find a picture yourself

Oh god, what the hell's happening here? You didn't come here to visit to die! Why are you even caught up in this, anyway? Can't you just escape? No? Fine, your choice.

You have no special abilities.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you survive.

I let Manix survive because it would be kind of dickish to deny him his win. Even though he didn't do anything, a win's a win!

---

ANYWAY, that's Higurashi mafia. I'm aware a lot of people are pissed off, but who really gives a damn? I had fun, the mods had fun, the IOs had fun, the players? Probably not.

again, i love bastard mod

Edited by Illuminate

to be blunt: this game was shit and missed the point of bastard modding completely

bastard mods aren't supposed to break their own rules. there's a fine line between "bastard modding" and "bad modding". this game crossed into the latter.

Edited by Prims

oh yeah

Dear user,

You are Chie Rumiko.

65q52c.png

You are the only teacher in the Hinamizawa School, and as such, you teach all of the children in Hinamizawa. You are very likable and kind, always doing what you can to help your students.

You have no special abilities.

I believe she thought she got insane results due to the game being bastard mod.

On D3, she was fakeclaiming and didn't have the chance, so yeah

I don't even mind that as much as how mafia-sided this game was. I mean, it was kind of bad luck that our Cop got converted to Mafia, but eh. Also, what were the different reactions to the Syndrome? If, say, I had been injected instead of Eclipse, would I have killed my targets instead of protecting them as well?

I said something about sanity. And now mine's gone. Thanks a bunch, Rein, for keeping that lovely life-saving medicine away from me. ;/

In addition, if you were to die or be lynched, well... something will happen, you're sure of it.

What did that mean in Marth's RolePM?

And also, when you say Takano did the L1 or L5 or w/e, is that L referring to Lynch?

I'm still loving the fact that I won after subbing in and just waffling my way through.

Although to be fair, I did say I would be gone for most of the day. But eh.

26. You are allowed to lynch Iris, because she's Iris. You are not allowed to target the hosts during the night phase.

THIS IS STILL A RULE!

MY THOUGHTS ON IRIS BEING A DANGER TO US ALL WERE NOT CRACKPOT THEORYCRAFT!

Oh this is over already? Well, I guess when half the game plays so terribly that I have the desire to jump out of the window, you can't blame me for losing interest so damn quickly...

Oh this is over already? Well, I guess when half the game plays so terribly that I have the desire to jump out of the window, you can't blame me for losing interest so damn quickly...

WHY YOU NO TAKE ME? :(: