Rate the Unit: Day 46 - Mia

How is Adept + Astra + Crit chances unreliable ORKO'ing? She will activate at least 1 of those pretty often. If shes in best bio, GG enemies. Also, care to explain how zihark is better than mia? Despite mia having better availability and pretty much better everything?

How is Adept + Astra + Crit chances unreliable ORKO'ing? She will activate at least 1 of those pretty often. If shes in best bio, GG enemies. Also, care to explain how zihark is better than mia? Despite mia having better availability and pretty much better everything?

Zihark is better conditionally, because he's a good unit on a bad team. Mia is a good unit on a great team. Once they end up together, Mia is definately better though.

Zihark is better conditionally, because he's a good unit on a bad team. Mia is a good unit on a great team. Once they end up together, Mia is definately better though.

Zihark's contributions to the DB are overrated in Part 1 and he's more of a liability in Part 3 if anything.

Cant even remember what I rated for zihark if I did, Zihark is in practically the same boat. Except that instead of being in an awesome brigade where you don't shine, he actually is one of your more competent units. Relativey. Tigers still annoy the shit out f him ofc. But who do they not.

Also, Adept, Astra and crit CHANCES imply, well, chance. chance in itself isn't reliable. as stated very truthfully in the topic earlier, she is a slot machine.

Yeah, sorry Pkl, can't take your post seriously if you are asking if how i find something that is entirely up to chance unreliable. It isn't a black/white ORKO where only hit matters, and pretty much lolhit, otherwise forges, except once again wind edges. and mia doesn't like that either.

And then we have a full 2 points difference at least between the two, because - 1 for mia, + 1 for Zihark.

I also forgot Earth affinity for super avoid. But yeah, Zihark is overrated, but he's still better than like... half his team. And most of the good guys leave in Part 3 from the DB.

You rated zihark a 10/10

http://serenesforest...dpost&p=1942606

Again, I fail to see how Zihark is so valuable for the DB to get a 10 when you only need Sothe, Tauros, Jill, volug and nolan for Part 1 and 3. Like Dark sage said, zihark is actually pretty mediocre forever in HM. Specially when you consider his Adept will never, ever, be kept on him. Mia getting a whopping 4 points less than zihark is unreasonable but I will leave that to lucina since im no longer in charge of this :p.

Edited by Professor PicKLe

You rated zihark a 10/10

http://serenesforest...dpost&p=1942606

Again, I fail to see how Zihark is so valuable for the DB to get a 10 when you only need Sothe, Tauros, Jill, volug and nolan for Part 1 and 3. Like Dark sage said, zihark is actually pretty mediocre forever in HM. Specially when you consider his Adept will never, ever, be kept on him. Mia getting a whopping 4 points less than zihark is unreasonable but I will leave that to lucina since im no longer in charge of this :p.

That is indeed pretty hypocrite, I just rate the relative performance higher than others. The fact that he doesn't keep it doesn't mean he can't get it back, so the has it for 1-6-2.

i'll stay out of rut's, since two ratings of mine here are skewed, and i saw the horrors in fe12.

Mia really brings a lot of discussion to the table, and usually for mixed opinion of reasons.

Let's start with the good ol' smash_fanatic vs. Interceptor approach. The old-time experimentation of how to distribute resources throughout the game. In smash's side of reasoning, everyone is given The Communist Approach. In other words, if Mia gets Adept, so do losers such as Boyd. Most of the time smash had it in to bash her face in because she stole the spotlight over the furry Swordmaster. Or, at least, that's how it always seemed. Then, there's the more logical approach, which is what we're going to do with discussing Mia here.

Mia requires resources, just like any other unit. The thing is, she makes great contestants for what she receives. For starters, we have a forge. Now, smash always loved to whine how Mia couldn't get a Steel Sword forge with +Crit because The Greil Mercenaries Are Too Poor. Of course, that logic is presented as a wet noodle thanks to the Silver Card making the forges at a reasonable discount and the Dawn Brigade / Crimean Royal Knights being able to ferry some of their own items over to the Greil Mercenaries. Since the Greil Mercenaries get the most spotlight in Part 3, it only makes sense to give them as much as possible from the other two teams. The Dawn Brigade isn't in huge need of buying items - usually the Physic Staff, Crossbow, and Olivi Grasses suffice. Silver Poleaxes might be an option, too. Crimean Royal Knights all suck ass anyway, and they get a little gold dump for funds anyway.

The next resource is usually Adept. Adept is best suited on Mia thanks to her high AS, which in turn helps her double and increase the activation rate. While other units such as Shinon might want to take this resource, it's easy to strip Adept off of Zihark and just ferry it over to the Greil Mercenaries. Even under the scenario that you're using Zihark, Shinon is usually sufficient enough without Adept once Silencer comes into play, which is pretty quick.

Finally, Ike support is highly recommended. Even if you're really stingy on Ike support, Oscar is another worthy candidate. Mia's Fire and their Earth affinities compliment each other nicely - Ike can still make use of +Atk when using Brave Sword or in Part 4, while Oscar can never complain about extra Atk in his pocket. Meanwhile, this helps Mia build up some "durability". While not concrete, especially with biorhythm taken into account, it still helps make Mia a little more likely to survive slaughters.

Mia is kind of a fun character to use just because it's like playing the slots - you really never know what's going to happen. Mia can either activate Adept, critical hit, dodge, or take a hit, or leave an enemy alive. While it sounds appealing to the casual player, the efficient player prefers on having reliance above shoddy percentages to damaging, killing, or avoiding death. This is an actual problem, too, since Mia is often going to fail to ORKO if she cannot proc a critical hit or Adept. Don't forget about her gimped 1-2 range with Wind Edge - while 1-2 range exists, it will usually disappoint more often than not.

There's a lot to really discuss with Mia, but the tl;dr version is this - Mia is a fun character to use and she still provides some efficiency advantages to the table, but her flaws are pretty hard to ignore as well. Don't underrate her, though - she's a lot better than a lot of the characters that reside in this game.

8/10.

Except 1+ bias for me for being the most broken Swordmaster in this game, and having such an interesting personality, and probably being the most popular Tellius character.

fireemblemmia.png

So 9/10

-----

a worthy candidate for being "the" trueblade in part IV.

More like the best Trueblade in this game.

Well...Zihark's is good if u have Ilyana, or Lethe talk to him in 3-7. Since he's my favorite Tellius character. <3 But Mia is better than him statwise. With the transfer bonuses, Zihark is fucking godsend.

Edited by アイネ

In a game where one rounding is actually hard, Mia's reliance on the RNG really isn't that bad. Having a 75% chance of killing something is still better than having a 0% chance (or 25% with a killer weapon). The best part is that most of the resources she needs to get going aren't in high demand, so she shouldn't have too much trouble getting them while the rest of the GMs are fighting over Speedwings and Master Crowns. Unfortunately, her durability is on the low side without an Earth support, her 2 range is poor pre-Tempest Blade, and she has normal movement.

8.8/10, +1 bias because she's my favorite FE9 character for a total of 9.8/10

Suffers from ORSMS

Haha about this... so many 9/10 and tens etc, haha. How can Mia compare to Haar, or Titania, no axes, no mount, no reliable ORKO's, no reliable 1-2 range, no raw STR stat to back up the wind edges.

And still 9's and tens?

6.5 at best since she is also part of the Stomping Squad, but others outcompete here so easily. First chapters are sucky for her. And then her forges, they are not so contested over. Thats good. She will get them, but they aren't resources that make her KO reliably still. Just increases the odds.

6.5 - 1 for just babbling about the white rival. 5.5

If you can fixed the skewed-ness with this vote in relation to your Zihark vote, then I'll accept it. Currently, no dice.

Well...Zihark's is good if u have Ilyana, or Lethe talk to him in 3-7.

Oh look, yet another one of Ayanami's harebrained suggestions. Why am I not surprised in the least...?

Oh look, yet another one of Ayanami's harebrained suggestions. Why am I not surprised in the least...?

Gives him better availability.

Gives him better availability.

Doesn't make it any less stupid; you might as well be shooting yourself in the abdomen with an Uzi. And that's ignoring the fact that Ilyana can't even sway Zihark over unless you're using transfer data where you got them an A support.