Do they even need me?

While planning chapter 10, I put my fastest units in the front, to try and get to Innes and his comrades before they were killed. But they were one and two shotting everyone that came for them, while taking minimum (or no) damage from those that rushed in to attack. I'm starting to wonder if they even need me (though I'm still going to send Tana in as swifty and safely as possible).

They might because theres an archer or two that may try to get to that ballista, theres a sleep staff rear end in a top hat down there and Marisa. If you want Marisa, Gerik has to be playable so he can talk to her.

Few people know this but you are actually making it harder on them (and on yourself) by going to help them.

http://fireemblemwod.net/fe8/guiafe8/capituloeirik10fe8.htm

By having any unit end their turn below the horizontal black line, you trigger Marisa's group to start rushing. If you stay above it, they'll stay put and you can take your time KOing everything else on the map. As you saw correctly, Gerik and Innes have no trouble taking out the initial group, and they'll heal themselves if they get hit. Once you got the reinforcements out of the way, you can move below the line and recruit chain them, and have more units available to take out the pesky Sleep Priest and recruit Marisa with Gerik.

Edited by Mekkah

Few people know this but you are actually making it harder on them (and on yourself) by going to help them.

http://fireemblemwod...oeirik10fe8.htm

By having any unit end their turn below the horizontal black line, you trigger Marisa's group to start rushing. If you stay above it, they'll stay put and you can take your time KOing everything else on the map. As you saw correctly, Gerik and Innes have no trouble taking out the initial group, and they'll heal themselves if they get hit. Once you got the reinforcements out of the way, you can move below the line and recruit chain them, and have more units available to take out the pesky Sleep Priest and recruit Marisa with Gerik.

So, either I make the map harder or I let Tethys eat ballista.

Hmm, decisions...

http://fireemblemwod.net/fe8/guiafe8/capituloeirik10fe8.htm

I never realized that, and instead I always thought it was a turn-based thing.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Tethys heals herself from the ballista if she gets hit. She has 3 Vulneraries and 3 Elixirs.

Are you sure? Because in my playthroughs, she lets herself get two-shot without bothering with her healing stuff. Stupid skank.