Draft Minimafia

Paperblade

I have my considerations on the who, and the what role, but what I'm considering is tomorrows Day phase, in which we don't know who is clear. If Prims flips town (whether NK'd or lynched), and his results would clear someone, we are gonna have at least one person not to waste our tine analyzing.

If Prims is gone without giving us any info at all, we run the potential of more mislynching, regardless of whoever he clears.

And that's assuming he is town.

If he flips scum and outs a result before he is lynched/NK'd we have reason to believe he is lying, of course. We also have just reasoning to expect him to say nothing as well, proving nothing.

I would like a confirmed town for once, so I know who I could actually trust, and this game makes it hard to assume anything.

Also, if he outs a town to the town, scum already knows who is town and who isn't. If he knows role and alignment of someone, declaring their alignment does nothing but prove his role and give town something to work with, not work towards. Scum has the advantage of knowing alignments, and that's a handicap worth countering somehow.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not fully outing my info if not necessary because it gives scum extra information they not need. It also promotes this "lynch Prims for info" mindset which is bad play.

That said, I'll claim at L-1.

Proto, Levity. Who would you lynch between me / Elie / Manix?

I prefer a Manix lynch, but I'm willing to switch to Elieson for reasons cited earlier (or just Not Me Over Me) if nobody other than Rothene is interested in supporting Manix's wagon.

I seriously don't understand why Manix is getting so many passes, though. His vote on me looks bad because it's based on information that was available at the start of the day, but he waited until the attention of other players shifted toward me to actually jump on me (and he was implying he thought I was town at the start of the day). This implies he was trying to dig up dirt on me when he saw a good chance to get me lynched. I also question why he thinks Rothene is scummy yet Proto looks town when their Vanilla claims were backed behind similar circumstances. His D1 presence was lazy and weak and his D2 has been full of disconnect.

Proto, Levity. Who would you lynch between me / Elie / Manix?

I did some thinking earlier today, and I'm starting to become much more confident in an Elieson lynch again. I think that you, Rothene, and Proto are all town. I don't know about Manix; I was confident in him being town at first, but he's gone back and forth for me from incredibly suspicious to "he's just not really playing his best this game." A defeatist attitude towards being lynched can go either way imo, but I suppose it depends on the situation.

Don't forget BBM too.

Hurf, I guess I can't bring that much else to the table. If what Manix said a few pages ago is true, then we can assume Amnesiac between Bizz and myself. Prims probably isn't. Blitz is dead. I'm vanilla, and fyi, its because I picked Hooker, for the sake of preventing a NK without being a supertargettable Doctor.

I still think Prims isn't thinking this through as much as he should. In this game, confirming a town /alignment/ for the town can give us an easy reason to not lynch someone. Sure, they may still be nightkilled, but maf knows they are town anyway. Don't out their role. I'm not asking for that.

I'm tempted to take my vote off of you just to ask for you to clear me the same way you have done for whoever you did already, just to say "hey guys look, he's town, just not as good at being persuasive or convincing others of his alignment as I am".

Hell, if you are scum, you could just say I came up scum, get me lynched, NK someone else, and it'd be 3:2 or 2:2:1 if that's even possible.

Know what? No. I'm not unvoting you.

Prims, if you are town, tell me again why you can't give us someone who we shouldn't lynch tomorrow? You don't know that you will survive the night, unless you are scum, so you would be helping the town by enlightening us. Town has literally 0 information, aside from two non-early draft corpses that managed to have roles.

If you survive the night and your clear comes up dead, well shoot, that will pretty much assure everyone else that you aren't doing your investigative job. I mean you are, but you are doing nothing with it, in a game that could give you potentially 3 chances at proving anything.

Tell me I'm dumb for thinking this, but your info from the night clearing may lead to them as a projected NK. You don't want to share the info because your clear dying incriminates you if you declare them as town and they die, so you just prefer to keep it to yourself as a failsafe to keep info locked to yourself (and a teammate).

Now I could be wrong, but I completely believe that you are scum, so I'm trying to plan and act on my beliefs. If I'm wrong, I expect to be lynched. Hell, I'd expect it. But seriously, if I were scum, I'd have NK'd you last night, or Proto or Manix even, as you are my primary suspect for scumitude, and I'm struggling to get anyone to agree with me.

Prims, if you are town, tell me again why you can't give us someone who we shouldn't lynch tomorrow? You don't know that you will survive the night, unless you are scum, so you would be helping the town by enlightening us. Town has literally 0 information, aside from two non-early draft corpses that managed to have roles.

Because:

- it makes them a target, which means a theoretical doc's job becomes harder tonight

- they're not even getting lynched right now, we don't need the clear

- I'm pretty sure the person who I have the psuedoclear on has figured it out and can claim it if I die

Because:

- it makes them a target, which means a theoretical doc's job becomes harder tonight

- they're not even getting lynched right now, we don't need the clear

- I'm pretty sure the person who I have the psuedoclear on has figured it out and can claim it if I die

-Because tonight, he has it any easier?

-so they aren't the center of attention tonight. We can potentially lose 2 players at this point, both of them key to today. (what if you were lynched I was NK'd) Town would have little to go on for anyone else tomorrow, thanks to your tight lips, aside from Manix, during a potential MYLO scenario.

-Sure. We can all assume.

I still don't think it's a good idea. I'm not even assuming, they hinted towards knowing what I was talking about at one point.

It's not like it's hard for somebody who isn't voting me to put me at L-1 and out my claim if they think me withholding my information right now is lynchworthy.

Also, you were the one who was arguing for complete clears to not exist in this set-up (which they don't). If your view on stuff like town!doc, etc is so pessimistic, why is a psuedo clear so important if you're unlikely to even buy it?

reminder that phase ends in 4 hours and votals haven't changed since last time I posted them

Also Rothene (and Proto to a lesser extent) just because I let you off the hook last time doesn't mean you can just revert to inactivity.

Edited by Paperblade

Yeah, I have to question how hard Elieson is pushing this. It's making me more comfortable with lynching him. And seriously guys, we've only got around 5 hours left. Let's hurry up with this.

what worries me is that when elieson thought he was getting shot, he didn't slip or admit defeat. He claimed vanilla.

Hurf, I guess I can't bring that much else to the table. If what Manix said a few pages ago is true, then we can assume Amnesiac between Bizz and myself. Prims probably isn't. Blitz is dead. I'm vanilla, and fyi, its because I picked Hooker, for the sake of preventing a NK without being a supertargettable Doctor.

Bingo. That's what I was looking for. Remember how I made a post about theoretical scum!Elie picking Hooker? And how he got so defensive over it? Because I was right?

You also forgot BBM for some unknown reason. I wonder why.

##Unvote

##Vote: Elieson

Now he's pushing it far too hard. It waas better earlier on, but... nope.

what worries me is that when elieson thought he was getting shot, he didn't slip or admit defeat. He claimed vanilla.

Wait when was this?

Guys. If prims is NK'd, we have crap to go on for tomorrow, even if you lynch me.

at this point, I don't care about me dying, but I don't want to lose along with the town. If my press for info is that scummy, and prims isn't dead come tomorrow, I'm thinking it's very likely you know who to go after.

whatever. Obviously me wanting to figure things out is scummy as fuck, and you all think I'm captain scum for wanting to make it past tomorrow. This theoretical doc isn't gonna much for us if he has a 20% chance of luckily guessing a save to keep us from MYLO.

Goddamnit, I'm not just trying to save my own skin here, I'm trying to keep town from mislynching itself to a loss. I've already lost a game to randolynch, I'd reeaallllly rather not lose again to something I can't control.

@prims: look back to when you asked me to post a fakeshot in the thread to confirm I wasn't the dayvig. My faketarget was elieson. I would find the post myself, but I'm on my phone.

Wait, manix. I got defensive? I didn't think I really said much of anything regarding the hooker thing you said.

And I just didn't think it was necesary to out my choice at the time. Quite frankly, I was surprised that you did.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33440&view=findpost&p=2036432

That's your post about me having picked hooker.

I don't recall posting anything back at you regarding your guess at me picking it. I made posts at BBM, and I made a post about you and Prims, and statements you both said that I thought made sense or didn't make sense.

Regardless, I picked hooker to stop nightkills, and not be as easy of a target as a doctor.

Hey, Manix. Consider this. Blitz was town hooker. He was TOWN HOOKER. Why is it such an impossibility that I had the idea of being a Town hooker when Blitz is proven to already have been it?

3 Vanillas are completely possible. The same role doesn't have to be in that huge demand. It's possible that all vanilla claims are based of of a single choice for each (i.e. Bizz picked Networker, Rothene picked Networker. Prims picked Doctor, I picked Doctor. Manix, you picked whatever you picked, and Proto picked the same.)

And you don't think you're tunneling? You only made a consideration for me being scum. Just curious what you think I could've picked, if you were thinking I wasn't scum.

Manix. THis is my reply to your statement btw about me possibly being a hooker.

Where's the defensiveness at scum!Elieson? I honestly don't see it. I simply asked you to post your opinion of me not being scum. I didn't flip out or anything.

3 Vanillas are completely possible. The same role doesn't have to be in that huge demand. It's possible that all vanilla claims are based of of a single choice for each (i.e. Bizz picked Networker, Rothene picked Networker. Prims picked Doctor, I picked Doctor. Manix, you picked whatever you picked, and Proto picked the same.)

And you don't think you're tunneling? You only made a consideration for me being scum. Just curious what you think I could've picked, if you were thinking I wasn't scum.

And this is the post I'm referring to. lalalalala