NEW POKEMON B2/W2 NEWS

Esme

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't quite get the bit about difficulty settings. Can you change the difficulty for future save files, or for the current one? Because if it's the latter, a different difficulty setting isn't changing much considering you can't change it until the main storyline is done.

I didn't quite get the bit about difficulty settings. Can you change the difficulty for future save files, or for the current one? Because if it's the latter, a different difficulty setting isn't changing much considering you can't change it until the main storyline is done.

Aw, I read it again and it's only after the game is done.

Well that's stupid...

This is on the DS, right?

Gogogo action replay to change the difficulty at the beginning of the game

But if you can't actually change the difficulty for the main story, only for postgame, then there won't be any data for a more difficult/easy main story, in which case you're doing your own stuff, which you could do with any of the games.

If we can re challenge gym leaders, other key characters, and the other regions leaders, I'll be fine with that.

As for the difficulty change, it will make running through the Elite Four quite interesting, especially the new champion. The Pokédex also looks pretty fine by now.

But if you can't actually change the difficulty for the main story, only for postgame, then there won't be any data for a more difficult/easy main story, in which case you're doing your own stuff, which you could do with any of the games.

Wait what. I thought it meant that it changed the difficulty when you started a new game the second time, like a new game+ or like one of the FE difficulties. Damn. >_<

Ok, here is a full list of all the tutored moves:

[spoiler=List of Moves]

Gunk Shot

Ice Punch

Fire Punch

ThunderPunch

Low Kick

Dual Chop

Seed Bomb

Uproar

Super Fang

Iron Head

Signal Beam

Bounce

Drill Run

Bug Bite

Covet

Last Resort

Iron Defense

Magnet Rise

Magic Coat

Block

Hyper Voice

Electroweb

Icy Wind

Iron Tail

Aqua Tail

Earth Power

Zen Headbutt

Foul Play

Superpower

Gravity

Dragon Pulse

Dark Pulse

Bind

Snore

Heal Bell

Knock Off

Synthesis

Roost

Sky Attack

Role Play

Heat Wave

Giga Drain

Drain Punch

Pain Split

Tailwind

Magic Room

Wonder Room

Spite

Recycle

Trick

Stealth Rock

Endeavor

Skill Swap

Worry Seed

Gastro Acid

Outrage

Helping Hand

After You

Sleep Talk

Snatch

My speculation on the move tutors and how they could affect the metagame:

- Poison Heal Gliscor with Stealth Rock and Roost. Thought I never saw this one coming. Basically, it means that he can restore 62.5% of his max HP every turn if he so wanted. What this amounts to is either you carry strong Ice moves or a strong special attacker or you risk being walled by Gliscor. And Gliscor does not fear Magnezone, unlike a certain metal bird.

Chance of being banned: 35%

- Dragon Dance Outraging MoxieMence. Oh god, do we HONESTLY need another broken dragon in OU? Salamence is already threatening enough as it is with any two of those three, but they decided to make ALL THREE legal? WTF GameFreak?!

Chance of being banned: 90%

- Roost + Earthpower Volcarona. Remember how Volc really can't get past Heatran without HP Ground? Well, not anymore. With Earthpower, sending in Heatran is tantamount to suicide, and on top of that, this thing can now heal itself with no weather-related drawbacks.

Chance of being banned: 75%

- Elemental Punching Conkeldurr. This one isn't as broken as the other three, but it deserves mention: While Fire Punch is kind of redundant on him outside of hitting like Celebi, Ice Punch would allow our favorite carny to maul Gliscor and Dragonite as well as OHKOing Landbro and Salamence. ThunderPunch could also serve to kill Gyarados and other bulky waters, but other than that, you may as well use Drain Punch.

- Drill Run/Superpower Escavalier. While this wouldn't make him superior to Scizor by any means, Escavalier's movepool fucking sucks, and either move would round his coverage NICELY, since either move would allow him to kill Steel types. Drill Run in particular would mean that Heatran and Magnezone would no longer be 100% counters unless they ran Air Balloon, basically narrowing down to just Zapdos and Skarmory for a 100% reliable switch-in.

Chance of making OU: 55%

- LightningRod+Heatwave Zapdos. This could prove interesting as Zapdos could pair well with any steel type and pretty much hard counter Magnezones that do not have HP Ice, as well as stopping basically any HP Ice-less Electric cold(on top of being a great Scizor/Escavalier check.)

Chance of making OU: 65%

Edited by Mercenary James

So like guys, the new Kyurem formes have base 170 in their respective formes attack stat. (Atk in Zek form; SpA in Resh form).

These new move tutors are being crazy hyped over at Smogon.

Seems like Kyurem forms gonna go straight to uber. BST of 700 is second to Arceus I guess thheyd enjoy scarfs to run rampant.

I would assume the move tutors were getting hyped competitively. I mean, it gives more pokemon viability in OU with new coverage

Not to mention that 95 base speed gets outsped by like all of the OU dragons bar Dnite, Keldeo is coming, Scizor exists and Terrakion has dual STAB super effective moves on them.

Even with a Scarf, ScarfMoxieMence still tears them a new one, as does ScarfHaxorus, ScarfHydreigon, ScarfLatios, Scarf Terrakion and... I think you see where this is going.

No one's mentioned one of the tiniest changes: When a Repel runs out, the game asks you if you want to use another one.

About time Thank fuck for that.

I know, but with those offences, I'm sure giving them a scarf would alleviate it's speed a bit. Then rocks and bullet punch could counter them

There's also Mach Punch (and with elemental punches out, more people that can use all those punches such as Infernape are probably gonna be showing up), and the fact everyone and their mom uses rock and/or fighting moves in OU.

Also, Trick.

By the way, I love that Repel change.

Edited by grandjackal

GF just wants to put a hole in my wallet. ;/

If they'll let me choose which type of Repel to use, that would be peachy. I don't want to be bugged every 100 steps about it!

Hurray, Stealth Rock is back on the move tutor lists.

sF3Oa.gif

So the new dragons (well, I guess not dragons anymore) are fire/ice and electric/ice? I haven't been keeping up with this very well, but that sounds... less than optimal, especially with all the Stealth Rocks coming back. I wonder if they'll even be OU or if they'll just be condemned to BL again.

Edited by apocalypseArisen