"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Lightning Speed, yeah you can enter the chapter and leave during the preparation screen the child's stats and skills will continue to change as the Parents skills change and stats increase until you "officially" start the chapter(since at that point you can't leave the map unless you reset to a point before you start the chapter).

I've observed the opposite: it stays the way it is when you first load the preparations screen.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've observed the opposite: it stays the way it is when you first load the preparations screen.

Oh, okay then. I'll have to keep that in mind in order to prevent accidentally starting a sidequest before I'm ready.

Going with this, can you save on the world map? And on the map, is there a way to tell what sidequest chapter it is, so that way I don't stumble on say, Wood's map when I want to go to Loran's?

Oh, okay then. I'll have to keep that in mind in order to prevent accidentally starting a sidequest before I'm ready.

Going with this, can you save on the world map? And on the map, is there a way to tell what sidequest chapter it is, so that way I don't stumble on say, Wood's map when I want to go to Loran's?

Yes. And yes, it displays the number when you're at its location.

Dunno if this has been asked before, but would an american bought Nintendo points card work on a Japanese copy/3ds? Like if I happened to go to a local GameStop and pick up one of the Nintendo points cards, would I be able to load it up onto a Japanese 3DS and buy the DLC just as well?

Just curious.

Dunno if this has been asked before, but would an american bought Nintendo points card work on a Japanese copy/3ds? Like if I happened to go to a local GameStop and pick up one of the Nintendo points cards, would I be able to load it up onto a Japanese 3DS and buy the DLC just as well?

Just curious.

I'd like to say "No" because of "Yen"... but I haven't actually tested.

I'd wager you're better off using a credit card to buy Yen in intervals of 500.

Probably another stupid/obvious question, but I know not where to find this info. Is there any kind of connective capability with your friends' games? For example, getting to fight a friend's team over wi-fi, or downloading their MU and adding it to your roster.

Bolded/Underlined: No.

The only multiplayer over local 3DS communication is Dual Tag. You can fight their team via Steetpass, but it'll be AI controlled.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I've just checked. I had Selena's unlocked on one of my save files, with Frederick as the father. I entered with Dual Guard+ as his last skill and she had it, then I left the map and switched the last skill to Luna, immediately entered the map and Selena had Luna instead. You might want to double check because on all of my playthroughs I've always entered the children chapters early to check their stats and it's never kept them fixed to the first time I entered the preparations.

I've just checked. I had Selena's unlocked on one of my save files, with Frederick as the father. I entered with Dual Guard+ as his last skill and she had it, then I left the map and switched the last skill to Luna, immediately entered the map and Selena had Luna instead. You might want to double check because on all of my playthroughs I've always entered the children chapters early to check their stats and it's never kept them fixed to the first time I entered the preparations.

Othin probably means that changing skills within the battle preparation screen won't change the child's skills. You have to prepare the child's skill in the world map.

Really? Regular clerics too, they wear her big hoop dress and everything? Interesting...I wasn't expecting that.

In case you're curious, here are some pictures (yes, taken with a phone) of the generic concept art from the artbook. Sorry for the quality, but I'm not willing to rip apart my book just to scan them in (this thing was too expensive for that).

Cleric

Battle Sister

Troubadour (Rider)

(Horse)

(And since it came up in discussion)

Dark Pegasus (Rider)

(Pegasus)

snip

bom-s-tears-of-joy-o-1.gif

(Okay, so I've been using this emote a lot recently, but this time truly warranted it.)

Iscaneus, thank you so much. ^^ Wow...what a nice thing to do. At the risk of being obnoxious, I don't suppose you have the Valkyrie, Pegasus Knight, and Falcon Knight concept art? I've seen Peg. and Falcon Knights in-game, but it would be cool to see the design in detail. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one interested in these generic illustrations.

Edited by Paulina

(Okay, so I've been using this emote a lot recently, but this time truly warranted it.)

Iscaneus, thank you so much. ^^ Wow...what a nice thing to do. At the risk of being obnoxious, I don't suppose you have the Valkyrie, Pegasus Knight, and Falcon Knight concept art? I've seen Peg. and Falcon Knights in-game, but it would be cool to see the design in detail. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one interested in these generic illustrations.

Falcon Knight (Rider)

(Pegasus)

Valkyrie (Rider)

(Horse)

Weirdly, the Pegasus Knight (along with the Sorcerer) lacks concept art in the book. Considering how detailed the book is, I find that surprising. And you're welcome! I figured I have the book, might as well do what I've hoped other people would do in similar circumstances so many times in the past.

Weirdly, the Pegasus Knight (along with the Sorcerer) lacks concept art in the book. Considering how detailed the book is, I find that surprising. And you're welcome! I figured I have the book, might as well do what I've hoped other people would do in similar circumstances so many times in the past.

This man(/woman) is a prince. A prince! Such great sources -- thanks again. =)

Yeah, it's interesting they scrimped on two of the more basic classes. By the way, did anyone else notice Dark Pegasus is slightly...ho-ier? That miniskirt. I guess Falcon Knight's loincloth isn't much better.

This man(/woman) is a prince. A prince! Such great sources -- thanks again. =)

Yeah, it's interesting they scrimped on two of the more basic classes. By the way, did anyone else notice Dark Pegasus is slightly...ho-ier? That miniskirt. I guess Falcon Knight's loincloth isn't much better.

Catria's DLC for Awakening is as a Dark Pegasus, and her outfit is pretty close to the generic, just recolored (it actually shows more skin than the generic, but that's a named DLC character for you).

Two questions.

How does the game determine which of your skills activates? Which is to say, if you've got Astra, Sol and Luna all on one character, what determines which one activates? Does it just go down the skill list, rolling for each one and going with the first to pass/none if none of them pass?

And secondly, Vengeance. Does the game simply ignore the vengeance skill if the character is at full health?

Othin probably means that changing skills within the battle preparation screen won't change the child's skills. You have to prepare the child's skill in the world map.

Actually, I didn't. I'm sure i remember trying that same thing with backing out and changing skills and finding that it didn't work, but I don't have access to the game at the moment to verify.

Two questions.

How does the game determine which of your skills activates? Which is to say, if you've got Astra, Sol and Luna all on one character, what determines which one activates? Does it just go down the skill list, rolling for each one and going with the first to pass/none if none of them pass?

And secondly, Vengeance. Does the game simply ignore the vengeance skill if the character is at full health?

It rolls each one in succession, starting with the ones with lower activation rates, and stopping once one activates.

Vengeance activates even if it doesn't do anything. If you have a character with 50+ Skl and Vengeance, they'll activate it on every hit, unless they have another skill to activate in its place.

Actually, I didn't. I'm sure i remember trying that same thing with backing out and changing skills and finding that it didn't work, but I don't have access to the game at the moment to verify.

It rolls each one in succession, starting with the ones with lower activation rates, and stopping once one activates.

Vengeance activates even if it doesn't do anything. If you have a character with 50+ Skl and Vengeance, they'll activate it on every hit, unless they have another skill to activate in its place.

Thanks. Truly, Sorcerer's are vengeful people.

So if I had Astra and Vengeance, the game would roll for Astra first?

Thanks. Truly, Sorcerer's are vengeful people.

So if I had Astra and Vengeance, the game would roll for Astra first?

Yep. I've mainly noticed it happen with Noire, myself.

Alright, thanks! One last question then: Any clue what happens when the skill activation rate is the same?

I'm not sure, but I think the order the game sorts the skills in the "skill library" might act as a tiebreaker, since it goes along with the order of the activation rates.

Hmmm... Maybe it was a Child with Krom as the father since Aether/Royal Weapon inheritance is fixed regardless of skill set-up.

Alright, thanks! One last question then: Any clue what happens when the skill activation rate is the same?

2ch wiki says Sol>Luna.

According to 2ch wiki's trivia section, skill activation is determined in this order:

Lethality (Skl/4)

Aether (Skl/2)

Astra (Skl/2)

Sol (Skl)

Luna (Skl)

Magnificent Flame (Skl)

Vengeance (Skl*2)

Personally, I'd say their numbers aren't accurate enough, since the way FE games draw number (something like int(Math.Random()*100) if you can read program codes) means that a 12.5% will be effectively 12%, and so on. Also, FE games traditionally round decimals down, even in mid-calculaiton.

Hmmm... Maybe it was a Child with Krom as the father since Aether/Royal Weapon inheritance is fixed regardless of skill set-up.

Nope. I'm sure I checked it to what I believed at the time were the precise parameters you described.