"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, 3 save slots just like the GBA ones ? I actually expected more considering the advances of hardware....

1 - And whats a R4 save dongle ?

2 - I see that the 3DS has cameras and other downloadable softwares. Is it possible to take screenshots/records of the game you are playing like the Printscreens people do with the emulators ?

Honestly, while that's handy, it's a bit wierd. I mean, if you've shot a bolt of lightning, you've shot a bolt of lightning. Whether it hits or not should be irrelevant to usage.

Not that I'm complaining really.

I'd say it's weirder before this system. Previously, physical weapons aren't spent unless they hit, but for whatever reason, this applies to bows as well.

This means that you can no longer send some speedy unit to waste the enemies' long-ranged magic before marching on, though.

Damn, 3 save slots just like the GBA ones ? I actually expected more considering the advances of hardware....

1 - And whats a R4 save dongle ?

2 - I see that the 3DS has cameras and other downloadable softwares. Is it possible to take screenshots/records of the game you are playing like the Printscreens people do with the emulators ?

1 - AFAIK, it's an unlicensed device that allows all sorts of manipulations. With that you can treat save files as if they're computer files, like every non-Nintendo game systems are already doing.

2 - No. You can, however, install a 3DS capture board.

The places where Slime tomes show up, you're not going to have time to just sit there for 10 turns waiting for them to go away even if you have a unit who would get hit every time and not care about the damage. So it's just not a viable strategy in this game anyway.

I don't know if this was asked before but are the boosts that are displayed when you enter battle factored in with the unit's displayed hit/avoid in addition to your current hit/avoid or does your displayed hit/avoid include that already when you attack an enemy?

How does the game look on the 3DS XL?

You'd have a bigger screen. I dunno.

I doubt a lot of people who have Awakening as of this moment have another region locked Japanese 3DS XL.

It's equivalent to me hooking up my 3DS to my laptop via the capture board, and maximizing it here.

Or even splitting the monitors with the top screen on my HDTV.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't know if this was asked before but are the boosts that are displayed when you enter battle factored in with the unit's displayed hit/avoid in addition to your current hit/avoid or does your displayed hit/avoid include that already when you attack an enemy?

It's displayed in the battle information. So for a brief example let's say a character had 20 avoid but had the +10 evade skill and they were fighting an enemy with exactly 120 hit. The enemies hit would be displayed as 90% hit during the battle.

Same with all bonuses, a support level 1(which is from any unsupported character being adjacent) provides 10 hit and this is taken into account in the battle and pre-battle information.

Same with all bonuses, a support level 1(which is from any unsupported character being adjacent) provides 10 hit and this is taken into account in the battle and pre-battle information.

So basically the bonuses you see in battle are just for you to know that they have been factored in, essentially doing the math of the supports for you.

Can the game itself be downloaded into the 3ds?

In case for the Japanese version, no, because Nintendo's decision to make most first-party games apply only to games released after the announcement and some of the more popular games released before the anouncement.

Don't know for the overseas version.

So basically the bonuses you see in battle are just for you to know that they have been factored in, essentially doing the math of the supports for you.

Otherwise it would feel confusing, at least to me. All the past games have factored everything in when displaying the in-battle damage and rates.

Is the pre-order bonus really going to be for Gamestop only? I was hoping it would be for Amazon too :/

I was hoping for it to be available through Amazon too. I don't want to register for an account on Gamestop for this one time pre-order.

This is a stupid question but pre-orders are available until the day before its release date as long as there are enough copies of the game left in stock, right?

Edited by MagicLugh

I saw in the Let's Play where Velvet was pair up partner for Gaia and she transformed but did nothing.

SowWhen you have a Taguel/Manakete pair up partner, do they consume a use of their stone just by transforming and doing nothing or do they have to attack(normally or dual attack) in order for them to consume or use of the stone?

I apologize in advance if this question sounds confusing to read.

I saw in the Let's Play where Velvet was pair up partner for Gaia and she transformed but did nothing.

SowWhen you have a Taguel/Manakete pair up partner, do they consume a use of their stone just by transforming and doing nothing or do they have to attack(normally or dual attack) in order for them to consume or use of the stone?

I apologize in advance if this question sounds confusing to read.

No. They function as regular weapons, losing usage for every hit.

Think Fa or Myrrh when they get attacked from range they can't retaliate from. Their dragonstones don't get used up in that case.

In the case of Dual-Attack though, it takes out a use just like if a different partner used their weapon to Dual-attack.

Does anyone have a link to a video (or even just a transcript) of

the scene where Lucina tries to kill her mother, MU?

This came up in a topic I made about a week ago, and several people are very interested in seeing it.

Does anyone have a link to a video (or even just a transcript) of

the scene where Lucina tries to kill her mother, MU?

This came up in a topic I made about a week ago, and several people are very interested in seeing it.

There is a transcript of the scene on Pegasus Knight but there are no videos of the scene ( ... that I can find anyway).

Edited by December Knight

I havent been able to find one and I'm pretty sure there isn't one but who knows.

Could you post the link? I might be able to translate it for any inquiring minds.

Edited by Paulina