"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

I'm sure it's been asked atleast once in the 80 plus page, but for anyone else whose lazy too

How many Chapters are there not including sidequests, spotpass, dlc etc?

Get with the times bro, 40 ppp is where it's at

In all seriousness, it seems like its 15/20/25/30 to go from E to A rank (can someone confirm this?)

time to get my unit A ranks in everything

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it safe to say Krom is the new FE9 Ike? His growth rates are downright ridiculous. He can be an archer and a powerhouse. As a Cavalier his growth rates only get better (he gains 5% in HP). Is Chrom the monster that will dethrone FE9 Ike?

wut

Sigurd>FE10 Ike>FE9 Ike

Edit: also what Othin said, growths are relative to each other (not that growths are everything, ofc)

Edited by shadykid

Is it safe to say Krom is the new FE9 Ike? His growth rates are downright ridiculous. He can be an archer and a powerhouse. As a Cavalier his growth rates only get better (he gains 5% in HP). Is Chrom the monster that will dethrone FE9 Ike?

Everything is relative.

Relative to the game itself? So, Chrom is powerful, but the game itself has freakish powerful enemies that balance him out? Also, I forgot, does he promote automatically in the story or does he just level into it?

I can't answer your first question, but no, Chrom is never forced into promotion. He promotes upon leveling like everyone else.

Wow, I would not take on step further and listen to the song that not only sounds like it, but is almost exactly named the same thing. Haha thanks man, how did I know you were gonna answer that one...

Well, each map theme has a battle theme associated with it. It's the same song, except more intense. That's how the game transitions between battle animations and map music except on DLC maps where it uses old FE songs. ...and the theme for Chapter 10 and the Final Chapter. Yeah... great pieces of music.

I can't answer your first question, but no, Chrom is never forced into promotion. He promotes upon leveling like everyone else.

Roy wishes he can promote at Chapter 4 like Chrom can.

This is mostly a theoretical question, but: does anyone know/have any theories on how Magnificent Flame actually works? I mean, in-universe? I can understand imbuing a physical attack with magic (light your sword on fire or something, etc.), but how exactly do you bolster a ranged ball of lightning with your strength?

Yes, yes, I know it's a gameplay thing and I'm thinking about it too much, but it's been nagging at me. ~_~;;

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how do you obtain change seals?

Chapter 16, Sidequest 6, Sidequest 10, Sidequest 16

Sidequests are made available after Chapter 13. So the fastest way is to meet the sidequest unlock requirements after beating Chapter 13. And since Sidequest 6 is on the other side, you'll need to unlock Sidequest 12 as well if you want to reach there without beating Chapter 14 and 15.

This is mostly a theoretical question, but: does anyone know/have any theories on how Magnificent Flame actually works? I mean, in-universe? I can understand imbuing a physical attack with magic (light your sword on fire or something, etc.), but how exactly do you bolster a ranged ball of lightning with your strength?

Yes, yes, I know it's a gameplay thing and I'm thinking about it too much, but it's been nagging at me. ~_~;;

FE13 skills are not explained in-game. It's not really properly explained in earlier games wither, other than that people with certain potential can learn them from scrolls or other people.

If you want to recruit Anna, do you have to let her survive all sidequests until you can recruit her?

No, the Anna in the other side quest(Side Quest 2) is a different one to the one you can recruit(Side Quest 4), so it doesn't matter if she survives or not in Side Quest 2(you don't even have to do it before you recruit Anna from Side Quest 4).

Relative to the game itself? So, Chrom is powerful, but the game itself has freakish powerful enemies that balance him out? Also, I forgot, does he promote automatically in the story or does he just level into it?

Basically, yeah, although it really depends on the difficulty.

What's more my point is that other characters are similarly buffed compared to those in other games, so he doesn't stand out enormously - nowhere near Sigurd-level, at least. He's definitely one of the best characters, but not the best; that title goes to Avatar under most circumstances.

Okay, so I know that Weapon Saver affects weapons... but does it affect, say, dragonstones? I'd guess "no," since dragonstones are used to transform rather than attack...

Also, does it affect weapons that can be used? For instance, let's say I pair female MU with Chrom and get a Lucina with Weapon Saver, assuming that Lucina's luck is at least 50, would I be able to use Gradivus to restore HP without actually lowering the weapon's usage? Or would it go down regardless?

Answer to 1st question. This I'm sure:

Dragonstones are weapons. It is given a proper weapon type and is spent like normal weapons.

Answer to 2nd question. This I'm not sure:

Non-weapon use of weapons will make them deplete. So if you use Parthia or Gradivus, they get spent.

Edited by nocturnal YL

In the case of a character with both Evil Dragon Scale and Holy Shield (Or Holy shield+), does activation of both skills cause damage to be reduced to zero, or damage to be reduced to a quarter?

Evil Dragon scale reduces damage to half and shows it in the calculation as the damage you will do.

Activation of Holy Shield/Holy Shield+ during the battle halves the displayed damage even more. So yes, a quarter.

Evil Dragon scale reduces damage to half and shows it in the calculation as the damage you will do.

Activation of Holy Shield/Holy Shield+ during the battle halves the displayed damage even more. So yes, a quarter.

Cool. Continuing along that line, does a Dual Attack ignore Evil Dragon Shield or Holy Shield+?

What skills activate for the back character during pair up? I'd assume that the dual + skills would work, but how about skills like renewal or charisma?

That's a definite no on Renewal.

The character in the back does not heal unless they dual attack with Nosferatu or Aversa's Night.