"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Regarding the Support Library, are the haircolors/styles for Avatars and children locked in the first time you see them? Or does the game save newer conversations with the current hairstyle of whoever's talking? (For example, first playthrough FemAvatar is long-haired blue, but second she's busty short-haired red.)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the Support Library, are the haircolors/styles for Avatars and children locked in the first time you see them? Or does the game save newer conversations with the current hairstyle of whoever's talking? (For example, first playthrough FemAvatar is long-haired blue, but second she's busty short-haired red.)

It uses whichever they were on the last file you played in which you recruited them. So if you have both files, it'll be the first if you played that file most recently, or the second if you played that file since then, regardless of which one had the conversation.

The alternate genders for MU and Morgan are counted as separate characters in the Support Library, though, so if you make a file with a male MU he'll be used for the male's conversations regardless of which female files you've played since then.

any tips on lving brady i prefer to not insta promote him

Solution: stop preferring to not insta-promote characters, especially healers, especially really shitty ones?

If you want to spend the time to level him to 20 for pretty much no reason, go ahead, but there's no real good way of going about it aside from just grinding a lot.

reclass to mage, maybe? (idk)

or just promote him, i don't get why people who are going to grind later anyway wait till 20 to promote

I wait til level 20 so I can get as much stat boosts as I can. oAo

There isn't a point for that in this game. I wait till twenty in every other game, but I have infinite levels in this one. Just keep reclassing. It'll take you forever to go through all of the classes anyway, without even getting to 20 beforehand.

maybe i should highlight this:

or just promote him, i don't get why people who are going to grind later anyway wait till 20 to promote

you don't really maximize anything when you're going to grind later and cap everything regardless (besides, in that case the immediate promotion boosts and earlier skill access is better)

reclassing and promoting Donnel at lvl 10 villager/lvl 10 mercenary was so great man, zoomed through into mid-20s in everything except magic/res as a hero

Edited by shadykid

I've always promoted at level twenty and that has always stuck with me, and now it's a habit I can't break. I tried to and it just felt physically WRONG that I immediately soft-reset before saving.

For characters with less class choices, you may want to wait until level 20 (or whatever level is high enough) as a few extra level up gives more chances to raise those lower stats, if you're like me. If you do manipulate level ups, it could be a difference between Res 0 Vaike and Res 5 Vaike, which would be good for people like me, who insists that all stats should be absolutely maxed - that it will keep maxed no matter what that unit is reclassed into.

It's not practical at all, though. In all seriousness, promoting at level 10 or level 15 would be fine in most cases if you only want a roughly maxed unit instead of "I absolutely want to absolutely max everything."

Is it known how experience is calculated once multiple second seals/master seals are used? IE MU going 20/20 Grandmaster, reclassing to Dark Flier... is experience still calculated as 20/1 or does it lower experience the more you do it?

Is it known how experience is calculated once multiple second seals/master seals are used? IE MU going 20/20 Grandmaster, reclassing to Dark Flier... is experience still calculated as 20/1 or does it lower experience the more you do it?

Yes, it's very well known that you'll get less experience as you keep second reclassing. Search "internal level" in this forum for more information.

Probably already been asked but can you get the DLC rewards(Like the change your character to a bride and limit breaker) be gotten multiple times?

Yes. DLC chapters can be replayed indefinitely, and you can keep getting the rewards they produce by playing it again and again.

Once you use the Demonn Fighter Scroll/ Bride item is the class added to your class list? Can you make someone a Demon Fighter, go back to different class with a second seal, and then second seal back to Demon Fighter? Or will you have to use the Class item again?

You need to use the specific class item again, but they come in infinite supply so there is little issue there.

No. The Unit Viewer is very limited.

You can't even close the 3DS and continue to listen to its music like FE12's Sound Room (and several other games' sound test).

all the more reason to download the music and put it in 3DS sound

Sad to hear that though. :/

Not sure if this has been asked because I tried reading all the pages of this thread and got tired around 15, but when you use the Avatar Compendium to take characters from it into a new save file, do they keep any items/weapons or will they be recruited unequipped?

Darn. That kinda sucks, I REEEEEAALLY wanted to get a 2nd Exalted Falchion and Parallel Falchion to give to the two SpotPass Marths instead of having to trade with Lucina/Chrom every time I decided which characters I wanted to use in a skirmish, but it's not that big of a deal.

edit: kinda forgot a certain person is considered a spoiler so adding a spoiler tag.

Edited by Goblinaro

It's a semi-important plot item. I guess that's why they don't have multiple obtainable copies of it.

Yeah, I know, and I figured as much. I just REALLY wanted the prospect of having both Marth and Chrom fighting side-by-side, each wielding an Exalted Falchion.

Another quick question, does anyone know if either the Exalted Falchion or the Parallel Falchion can be used to heal 20 HP as an item if in the inventory of a unit other than Marth, Chrom or Lucina? I know that only Marth and Chrom can equip the Falchion/Exalted Falchion and only Marth/Lucina can equip the Parallel Falchion, but I don't know if either the Parallel or Exalted Falchion need to be or needs to have the option to be equipped by the unit in possession of it in order to use it to recover 20 HP.