"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a set that is designated on flying as far and breaking through threats to an army ASAP. Would Renewal be better or Galeforce? I put why I'm asking this on the spoiler tag incase you want to know.

I got a set from AstraSage for a set designed for Gerome to move as far as possible, with Carrier and +1 Movement. With Boots and a Bow Knight Lucina he can move up to 14 squares. Not to mention Lucina will have Galeforce so more like 22. The problem is I'm a man who's worried that this might potentially be outclassed. Since Gerome can't get Galeforce still can't get used to the name I might have to sack one of my favorite pairings (Lon'quxCherche) and give Lon'qu to somebody who HAS Galeforce. Renewal seems like the best replacement, however, so I will probably go for that if it has a use. It might not matter too much but me being me I want to make sure I have no inferior sets.

Galeforce is always just better.

Regarding the Falchions - I think it's more of a matter of them being infinite use, so you don't need more of them and could end up at a loss for what to do with extras.

Also about the Falchions. Chrom/Lucina/Marth needs to be able to equip them in order for them to be used to heal. They can't used to heal when they're in a class w/o sword rank and still use the Fachion to heal themselves.

Edited by MagicLugh

Im a little confused about reclassing. For example, my avatar is a level 16 tactician if I were to reclass her to a Pegasus knight then reclass her back to a tactician would she start from level 1 or 16?

Im a little confused about reclassing. For example, my avatar is a level 16 tactician if I were to reclass her to a Pegasus knight then reclass her back to a tactician would she start from level 1 or 16?

Level 1 both times, with slower experience gain ("Internal level" has been brought up before. I'm nowhere near technical enough to explain it).

Level 1 both times, with slower experience gain ("Internal level" has been brought up before. I'm nowhere near technical enough to explain it).

If I recall, basically reclassing saves half of the levels you've gained up until that point, and uses those for the EXP calculation. So a level 16 Tactician reclassed to, say, a Level 1 Barbarian, would gain exp as if they were a Level 8 Barbarian. If you were to gain levels as a barbarian and reclass again, half of those levels would be added, so this hypothetical Barbarian being reclassed at level 4 would then gain experience like a level 10 unit after the reclassing. It keeps going until one hits the internal level cap (I believe 20 for Normal, 30 for hard, and 50 for Lunatic).

If I recall, basically reclassing saves half of the levels you've gained up until that point, and uses those for the EXP calculation. So a level 16 Tactician reclassed to, say, a Level 1 Barbarian, would gain exp as if they were a Level 8 Barbarian. If you were to gain levels as a barbarian and reclass again, half of those levels would be added, so this hypothetical Barbarian being reclassed at level 4 would then gain experience like a level 10 unit after the reclassing. It keeps going until one hits the internal level cap (I believe 20 for Normal, 30 for hard, and 50 for Lunatic).

I see. Thanks.

Galeforce is always just better.

Damn it I was hoping Lon'quxCherche was a practical pairing. Ah, well. Perhaps Kjelle might actually not suck because if Gaius marries Sully she gets Galeforce with the Thief class and Wyvern class.

How does the skill Dual Support+ work? Does it work for only the skill holder or does the dominant character in the pair receive the bonuses?

Skill holder if they're in battle; if not, anyone they're adjacent to or in a pair with.

His face was always kinda weird; I don't think it's any different from the rest of the time.

That said, I do recall some implication that Walhart is not quite alive when you recruit him, so that might go for him.

Out of curiosity, if the Avatar's marriage partner is promoted into a class that can be accessed through multiple promotion paths (e.g. Sage), will Morgan have a chance to be either class that can promote into Sage, or will Morgan be the specific class said partner promoted from?

Out of curiosity, if the Avatar's marriage partner is promoted into a class that can be accessed through multiple promotion paths (e.g. Sage), will Morgan have a chance to be either class that can promote into Sage, or will Morgan be the specific class said partner promoted from?

Each prepromote has a default class path, not just a starting class. For example, Frederick is Cavalier --> Great Knight even though he can be reclassed into both Cavalier and (Armour) Knight.

So if, for example, female avatar married Frederick, Morgan's starting class will be Cavalier.

Each prepromote has a default class path, not just a starting class. For example, Frederick is Cavalier --> Great Knight even though he can be reclassed into both Cavalier and (Armour) Knight.

So if, for example, female avatar married Frederick, Morgan's starting class will be Cavalier.

Thanks. For another example (and this was actually what I was thinking about, though I didn't make it clear), male Avatar marries Lissa and she's promoted into Sage. Would Morgan start off as a Cleric in this case?

Yes. Morgan starts as the original (and unpromoted if applies) class of the other parent. So with Lissa it would be Cleric, if Mariabelle it would be Troubadour, if Cherche it would be Wyvern Rider, etc.

Edited by Konnor97

To be clear: It doesn't matter what the avatar's spouse's current class is. Morgan's class is determined by the avatar's spouse's base class.

Using your example with Lissa, reclassing her into Falcon Knight won't make Morgan start as a Pegasus Knight. She'll still be a Cleric.

Edited by nocturnal YL