"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So once you hit that point where your characters get like no experience(well 8 but you know), how do you mass grind on Lunatic since reeking boxes=death?

So once you hit that point where your characters get like no experience(well 8 but you know), how do you mass grind on Lunatic since reeking boxes=death?

Any kind of non-DLC grind is difficult on Lunatic. Best way would be DLC maps with lots of enemies that can suicide onto your units in not a lot of turns, like LB3 or CoY2.

Paragon + CoY3, or LB3 if they're strong enough.

Yeah thats my concern. If they aren't strong enough since its Lunatic and it makes the DLC enemies a bit stronger...but I won't know till I try right?

Yeah thats my concern. If they aren't strong enough since its Lunatic and it makes the DLC enemies a bit stronger...but I won't know till I try right?

They're not much stronger, even from hard to lunatic. You can very easily solo CoY3 which guarantees 3-4 level ups if you have paragon. LB3 has a lot more, though.

CoY2 is typically preferred over CoY3 though, I think; CoY2 only has ten enemies but you can feed nine of them to a unit turn 1 if you have a flier to get them into position (read: right above Marth), and then one unit can take out Roy (the tenth unit) on turn 1, making for easy 1-turn clears that offer slightly under a level per run on a minimum-XP unit with no XP boost skills, at roughly a minute per run.

CoY2 is typically preferred over CoY3 though, I think; CoY2 only has ten enemies but you can feed nine of them to a unit turn 1 if you have a flier to get them into position (read: right above Marth), and then one unit can take out Roy (the tenth unit) on turn 1, making for easy 1-turn clears that offer slightly under a level per run on a minimum-XP unit with no XP boost skills, at roughly a minute per run.

Of course its 2 of the 6 DLC stages I don't have. At least I'll have time to get my Hard-Classic file back up to being considered done.

Edited by Sorin

Of course its 2 of the 6 DLC stages I don't have. At least I'll have time to get my Hard-Classic file back up to being considered done.

What do you have? Pretty much any of the CoY or LB can be used in a pinch. SB and R&R work, but are sub-optimal for speedy clears due to SB's doors and R&R's map size + enemy difficulty (bad luck with Linus, Ike, or Jaffar can probably kill you outright, so you don't necessarily want to autopilot R&R)

What do you have? Pretty much any of the CoY or LB can be used in a pinch. SB and R&R work, but are sub-optimal for speedy clears due to SB's doors and R&R's map size + enemy difficulty (bad luck with Linus, Ike, or Jaffar can probably kill you outright, so you don't necessarily want to autopilot R&R)

I have every single one besides CoY 2, 3, The Challenge Pack, and Apothesis

I have every single one besides CoY 2, 3, The Challenge Pack, and Apothesis

I think LB3 is definitely your best bet if your characters can handle it; pull up the map and check the stats, then exit from the prep screen if it looks too bad.

I think LB3 is definitely your best bet if your characters can handle it; pull up the map and check the stats, then exit from the prep screen if it looks too bad.

Gotcha' now I can play Lunatic how I want without Soloing it :^_^:

Can you activate Sol, Luna, Astra, etc....

If your activation rate for Vengeance is 100%?

yes. offensive trigger skills are arranged in a priority hierarchy, and as such it is entirely possible to activate any other trigger skill instead of Vengeance under these conditions, as Vengeance has the lowest priority of trigger skills owing to its high activation rate; basically, if an rng roll would activate both Vengeance and, say, Luna hypothetically, Luna would take precedence and be the only one to activate

as per here, the priority goes as follows: Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance

I think CoY3 is generally preferred. More unit slots, twice as many enemies, no NPCs to get in the way and no need for a flier to clear the level quickly. You pretty much just spam auto after pairing units up so the time difference is negligible.

LB3? Pah. CoY3? Lame.

Real men grind on Rouges 3. :Kappa:

That's ridiculous. Nobody in their right mind would grind on Rogues 3, for obvious reasons: It's laggy :Kappa:.

Edited by Tables