"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, that was what I remembered from my last non-Lunatic(+) run (which was a long time ago), but then I got confused.

...actually, I'm still confused. If hitting the internal level cap still results in the same 8 exp/level, that sounds like it'd mean you hit the bottom sooner on Normal than Hard or Lunatic, and that can't be the case.

What exactly does the internal level do, then? I know how it's calculated.

I would much rather be able to hit things more reliably early on than have an additional 1% chance to dodge and a 2% less chance to get critted.

Okay. I just feel that there are more ways to make up for lacking hit than there are to make up for lacking crit evade, for one, and second, I find only having 2 base luck at a point where enemies can has Zeal, Gamble, Focus, thunder magic, Anathema, or high skill in general to be asking for trouble.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Okay, that was what I remembered from my last non-Lunatic(+) run (which was a long time ago), but then I got confused.

...actually, I'm still confused. If hitting the internal level cap still results in the same 8 exp/level, that sounds like it'd mean you hit the bottom sooner on Normal than Hard or Lunatic, and that can't be the case.

What exactly does the internal level do, then? I know how it's calculated.

It gets added to your current level.

Say, you have a maxed out cap of internal 50 levels in Lunatic.

You are a class of a Level 1 Grandmaster. So add 20 levels since you're promoted.

You are gaining experience as a level 71 unit in the exp formula.

Contrast it to Normal Mode, where the cap is 20.

You are being treated as a level 41 unit because Level 1 + 20 for promoted + 20 for internal level = 41.

The minimum exp of 8 exp per kill in Normal mode never happens unless you kill a really low level unpromoted unit... such as those in Florina's spotpass team.

I would much rather be able to hit things more reliably early on than have an additional 1% chance to dodge and a 2% less chance to get critted.

I find Armsthrift to be pretty useful for Avatar and all of her children, so I always hate going -LCK on any file. The thing to remember is that while a miss may not be fatal in Lunatic, a random unexpected crit probably will be.

If I beat the game on Hard / Classic, and start a new file, are all my characters back to level 1? Or do I get to continue using them (think Mass Effect).

I want to start Lunatic / Classic but I want to destroy the game before I do that. And that means beating Apotheosis secret battles, which I'm close to at this point.

I'm in the middle of a lunatic run with one of my pairings being SumiaxFrederick with Frederick being used as a support unit. He's level 15 as a GK (has dual guard +) so which of his reclass options would grant the best bonuses for Sumia, or should he be stick as a GK? Sumia is a falcon knight atm

Edited by DodgeDusk

Since you've put him as a perma Support unit, you'll probably want to keep him as a GK for triangle control on Dual Strike attacks. The only other reasonable option might be Griffon Rider; you give up two weapons and +1 DEF, but you gain a bunch of LCK and eventually pick up Deliverer for a small Turn 1 movement boost while he gets Sumia into position.

I'd keep him as GK, personally. Sumia never stops wanting that STR/DEF/MV bonus.

Edited by Interceptor

GK gives Sumia pretty much exactly what she wants (Str and Def. The +1 Mov is also nice, though), but then again pretty much any of Frederick's available classes do - General trades 1 Mov for 2 more Def, Griffon Rider trades 1 Def against some Luck, Wyvern Lord trades 1 Mov for 1 more Str and Def, and Paladin cuts down on the Str and Def a bit, but trades the Mov for some Skl and Spd.

Just reclass him according to what skills you want him to have.

I don't think Frederick will be getting any more skills so the stat bonuses were my main concern, but it seems GK is the best. Was going for general but the movement +1 could be handy in some situations. Thanks for the advice anyway now I just need to do chapter 16...

Paladin would be my suggestion. You lose 2 STR/DEF and 1 move, but in exchange get 4 SPD/SKL. Then again, I guess with this being Sumia, that speed probably won't matter as much as normal, so perhaps GK would be better to stick with.

So.. there is an "other" section among the Einherjar.

Is that section just filled with enemies/bosses from previous Fire Emblem games? I do recognize some of them.. like Selena.

They're all enemies from previous games as far as I know

Oliver needs his own section because he's fabulous however

Is there a way other than the proc rate skill and RFK to increase proc rates on skills? I saw something about hit?

The sin city cutscene for lethality never gets old

proc rate skill?

Increasing your skill (or whichever stat) is the only way outside of RfK. It's not too hard to get about +15-20 skill from various temporary source (pair ups, rallies, tonic are notably easy, but then also weapon bonuses, barracks boost and some skills are also possibilities, if you want to push towards +30 or more). Hit rate doesn't factor in, only the relevant stat and RfK matter.

What 1st class skills are worth getting for other 1st Generation characters besides the Avatar? I'm breaking Lunatic by getting EVERYBODY maxed and Limit Broken with all skills But some first class skills aren't worth the time. Which ones could I pass up for another time?

Edited by Sorin

So, after my first two playthroughs (Only 2 getting it release day, sad I know) I never bothered to use Rallys much at all besides once in a while when I was just going to move and wait anyway with a unit that happened to have one so i just hit it.

But I do know that you can stack multiple rallies on one char to use as a rally bot, who are the best people to use as rally bots?

But I do know that you can stack multiple rallies on one char to use as a rally bot, who are the best people to use as rally bots?

A female Morgan (or any daughter that has male Avatar as a father) that has inherited rally strength can learn all rally skills

So, after my first two playthroughs (Only 2 getting it release day, sad I know) I never bothered to use Rallys much at all besides once in a while when I was just going to move and wait anyway with a unit that happened to have one so i just hit it.

Unless you're doing a challenge run, you don't really have any reason to use a non-legacy character as a rally bot. Generally there's no real best ones, although Katarina and Palla are notable for being female with Rally Strength.

If you really must use a pair of non-legacy characters as rally bots, Male Avatar+Emmeryn are the best options.

What 1st class skills are worth getting for other 1st Generation characters besides the Avatar? I'm breaking Lunatic by getting EVERYBODY maxed and Limit Broken with all skills But some first class skills aren't worth the time. Which ones could I pass up for another time?

Kind of subjective, but IMO the useful ones are (in order of my preference):

Veteran (tactician)

Vantage (myrmidon)

Armsthrift (mercenary)

Mov+1 (thief)

Discipline (cavalier)

Anathema (dark mage)

Edited by Meteor