"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-3xSMM0cOY Has anybody heard this amazing remix of Confront The Past from FE:8/Apotheosis? I swear I love it now.

Sorry if this is out of place. Wasn't sure where it should go...

Edited by Sorin

I love The Sacred Stones OST. Best Fire Emblem game next to Awakening.

I've played though Sacred Stones and from what memory serves the only song that stuck out was Determination which is actually a pretty awesome piece of music. What other good tracks are there?

Could someone explain the internal level cap to me? I am planning to play on Lunatic+ (Chapter 3...) and does it affect me in any bad way? I guess 50 is high.

Every time you use a Second Seal, the game adds hidden levels to the unit that you just class-changed, which add to its actual level used to determine EXP gain. Having a lot of hidden levels added can really slow you down. This is why reclassing Frederick to a tier 1 class doesn't really help his EXP gain as much as other people, because he stocks a bunch of hidden levels from reclassing out of Great Knight, which makes him effectively higher than you'd expect a level 1 unit to be.

In Lunatic, this caps out at 50, and doesn't ever go higher than that. That's a pretty high cap, though. You could have a 20/1 promoted unit that's gaining EXP like they were level 71, which is pretty ridiculous. They'll be getting 8 EXP per kill on almost anything.

Edited by Interceptor

Every time you use a Second Seal, the game adds hidden levels to the unit that you just class-changed, which add to its actual level used to determine EXP gain. Having a lot of hidden levels added can really slow you down. This is why reclassing Frederick to a tier 1 class doesn't really help his EXP gain as much as other people, because he stocks a bunch of hidden levels from reclassing out of Great Knight, which makes him effectively higher than you'd expect a level 1 unit to be.

In Lunatic, this caps out at 50, and doesn't ever go higher than that. That's a pretty high cap, though. You could have a 20/1 promoted unit that's gaining EXP like they were level 71, which is pretty ridiculous. They'll be getting 8 EXP per kill on almost anything.

I'm confused. What happens when your cap reaches 50?

Once your cumulative level reaches 50, nothing special happens, it just doesn't increase any more. But at that point, whenever you gain EXP, the game will add 50 to your level to determine how much EXP you should earn (and if you're promoted, you count as being a further 20 levels higher as well). Now ask yourself, how much EXP do you expect to earn when killing an enemy 40 levels below you? It's not a lot (in fact I believe it's always 8 exp, which is the lower cap).

Unless there's something I've missed that'll give more, I believe it's 8 EXP on literally everything. But please correct me if you've found something that does give more EXP, since I'm trying to work out the EXP formula. I believe both EXPonential Growth level 30 Entombed, and level 20 bosses in DLC, should both give 8 EXP.

Unless there's something I've missed that'll give more, I believe it's 8 EXP on literally everything. But please correct me if you've found something that does give more EXP, since I'm trying to work out the EXP formula. I believe both EXPonential Growth level 30 Entombed, and level 20 bosses in DLC, should both give 8 EXP.

Entirely possible that it's literally +8 EXP at that point no matter what; I was just leaving the door open in case there was some weird case I hadn't noticed before.

Apparently, there is something - if you do Lunatic hit EXP degradation until you get no EXP for hitting (shouldn't take long when you're getting 1-2 EXP for hitting anyway), then you only get 7 EXP when you kill. I still need to test this but my mind was somewhat blown by that fact (guess it doesn't take much...)

Are the defense boosts from terrain ignored by Luna or not? (e.g. 20 atk unit attacks 10 def enemy on fort, and Luna activates. Will the attack do 13 or 14 damage?)

Edited by Levant Fortner

Yeah that would be a serious oversight. It would be pretty easy to determine the answer by visiting the prologue, exiting and giving both parents the same type of tonic, and then reentering and seeing if the kid's stat went up.

How does Gauis' AI work in chapter 6? If I ignore him will he just bumrush for treasure and then attempt to get out of there?

Also, for Paralouge 2 (?) the secret seller, if it really worth going after the village on Lunatic? Anna got killed really fast and there's no way I can make it to the village before they destroy it.

How does Gauis' AI work in chapter 6? If I ignore him will he just bumrush for treasure and then attempt to get out of there?

I'm pretty sure Gaius suicides on whoever (usually Chrom), but I haven't tested in a while.

Also, for Paralouge 2 (?) the secret seller, if it really worth going after the village on Lunatic? Anna got killed really fast and there's no way I can make it to the village before they destroy it.

Gaius is an idiot and will suicide into you

and it's a Physic staff, whether that's worth it is up to you (is it really that bad with Sumia ferrying Avatar or Frederick though?)

Edited by shadykid

(is it really that bad with Sumia ferrying Avatar or Frederick though?)

I was playing pretty defensively and also trying to get Sumia and my Pegasus Avatar some experience (easier than it seems considering it's full of ax users)