"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Are the Dual Support bonuses added to the display hit rate or are they taken into consideration with the display hit.

Like if the display hit is 80% and the bonus is +20 does it make it 100% or does it mean that the original hit was 60% and the 20 was already added to show up as the new display hit rate.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Dual Support bonuses added to the display hit rate or are they taken into consideration with the display hit.

Like if the display hit is 80% and the bonus is +20 does it make it 100% or does it mean that the original hit was 60% and the 20 was already added to show up as the new display hit rate.

All support bonuses and "aura" skills are factored into the displayed hit at the time of selecting a target.

Dual Support partner:

y7qgnfm.png

No Dual Support:

APtmX7c.png

Dual Support:

gJBBciT.png

The first question may sound a bit silly, but here goes: how do I improve at the game? Practice definitely makes perfect, and I guess I shouldn't be tackling Hard/Classic as early as I am... Because Awakening is my first experience with this kind of game. Then again Normal/Classic is a bit boring sometimes because it starts relatively easy and it only becomes easier. I hate myself so much, I make silly mistakes all the time. Reminds me of when I played chess.

I am late on this; but if you want to get better, you need to take off the training wheels and push yourself. Playing to learn is different than playing for fun, and you need to put yourself outside of your comfort zone in order to develop new personal strategies.

This doesn't necessarily mean playing a harder mode. You can create opportunities to improve by increasing your pace, for instance: finish a chapter as fast as you possibly can, instead of turtling and going slowly. Keep repeating the same chapter until you've wrung out as much performance as you can. You can also train more characters than is strictly necessary: this will teach you to do more with less powerful characters, and eliminate the option of just having a single super-powerful character kill everything on Enemy Phase.

Also make sure to read the write-ups and watch videos of good players, especially the speedrunners or the people playing Lunatic. Most of them have pretty strong fundamentals, and there are lots of little "tricks" you can pick up, and apply to your own style.

I am late on this; but if you want to get better, you need to take off the training wheels and push yourself. Playing to learn is different than playing for fun, and you need to put yourself outside of your comfort zone in order to develop new personal strategies.

This doesn't necessarily mean playing a harder mode. You can create opportunities to improve by increasing your pace, for instance: finish a chapter as fast as you possibly can, instead of turtling and going slowly. Keep repeating the same chapter until you've wrung out as much performance as you can. You can also train more characters than is strictly necessary: this will teach you to do more with less powerful characters, and eliminate the option of just having a single super-powerful character kill everything on Enemy Phase.

Also make sure to read the write-ups and watch videos of good players, especially the speedrunners or the people playing Lunatic. Most of them have pretty strong fundamentals, and there are lots of little "tricks" you can pick up, and apply to your own style.

You're definitely right. I'm more geared towards playing for fun and seeing my spectacular units trample the opposition, but I believe I would feel more satisfaction when doing this in a harder mode.

The problem is that, it's a thing I've been considering for a while, whether it's worth it for me. I'm a very average gamer myself and, when I first started browsing the internet some 10 years ago, I was very surprised to learn that I actually sucked. So I think that my potential may not be as high as that of the better players.

Honing a skill takes time and I was never very fond of self-imposed restrictions, which is why I end up not improving. When you self-impose challenges, you learn to play the game better because you're doing it without facilitators of any kind, but I just like to chill and treat my gaming as a pastime. I've played my fair share of games in the hardest modes and once I finished them, at much cost, for unlockables, I usually went back to easier modes for some relief.

Awakening, however, sparked my interest in doing the harder modes because it's harder than your average game. I feel like I shouldn't be having my ass kicked in Hard because Hard is the "middle" difficulty so it's more like the normal mode of the game. So I'll try to improve.

One thing's certain, though: I need to finish the damn game before trying something else! Practicing without knowing the missions is a bad thing.

Awakening, however, sparked my interest in doing the harder modes because it's harder than your average game. I feel like I shouldn't be having my ass kicked in Hard because Hard is the "middle" difficulty so it's more like the normal mode of the game. So I'll try to improve.

I feel the same way. I was never interested in playing harder modes until I started playing FE.

All right... can this happen?

If you attack an enemy unit with Counter + Miracle, and then the Counter attacks YOU and you activate Miracle?

I doubt it.

Is there any other thing about magic in this game I need to know apart from: 1) Wind dealing lowest damage but effective against flying units; 2) Fire being the most balanced; 3) Thunder being the strongest, least accurate and higher chance of critical overall; 4) Dark having funky effects?

Edited by Malebolganone

Is there any other thing about magic in this game I need to know apart from: 1) Wind dealing lowest damage but effective against flying units; 2) Fire being the most balanced; 3) Thunder being the strongest, least accurate and higher chance of critical overall; 4) Dark having funky effects?

Wind: Most accurate and the only "brave" tome for everyone who can't be a Dark Mage/Sorceror. (Celica's Gale).

It's called Nosfertanking for a reason: Sorceror's with Nosferatu (or Aversa's Night) are really hard to kill. Armsthrift (and 25-30+ luck) means they only need 1 tome per map usually. And at 45+ Luck, 1 tome for life.

Dark magic's "brave" is Waste. It's stronger than CG, but has worse accuracy; and a better use for a Sorceror is Nosfertanking.

Edited by virtual_maniac

All right... can this happen?

If you attack an enemy unit with Counter + Miracle, and then the Counter attacks YOU and you activate Miracle?

Nope.

In all my days of 40 luck Miracle skill on Lunatic+... not once has it activated to save my ass from a counter.

From Luna+ Hawkeye combos, yes. Never counter.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Hi everyone, if I have a unit with max stats and pair up (or use a tonic) to increase spd, def, mag, etc, can the unit receive the bonus? or the green numbers only means that the unit can not get another point by leveling up?

Hi everyone, if I have a unit with max stats and pair up (or use a tonic) to increase spd, def, mag, etc, can the unit receive the bonus? or the green numbers only means that the unit can not get another point by leveling up?

You mean the tonic bonus? That's not restricted. Ever.

Maxed unit:

tiGAG3s.png

Pair Up:

xFSUJ5I.pngmFlS22M.png

Strength Tonic:

ZxkVXD2.pngwd33YTl.png

Still gives the +2 STR Bonus.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Thanks shadow, my question was even with stats max you can get bonus from pair up or tonics. So in your example even when the str is max 49, your unit will hit 54.

By the way I made a post in the lunatic club, I want the opinion of someone that already beat the lunatic/classic mode. Not sure if its ok to make the same post here.

By the way I made a post in the lunatic club, I want the opinion of someone that already beat the lunatic/classic mode. Not sure if its ok to make the same post here.

SoC's advice was spot-on: your Sumia is way underleveled, and you need to pick up the pace if you want her to be usable.

I advise against training too many characters in Lunatic if it's your first time playing. You'll find yourself still in the midst of getting your army together when Valm comes, and it'll be really tough.= to deal with. Use no more than roughly half a dozen primary combatants, if you can help it.

Those of you who do multiple playthroughs, do you have one file that is perfectly optimized and use the others for multiple playthroughs?

Also, what is the recommended difficulty for a file in which I want to optimize all characters? (grinding shenanigans and all that)

Edited by Malebolganone

Those of you who do multiple playthroughs, do you have one file that is perfectly optimized and use the others for multiple playthroughs?

Also, what is the recommended difficulty for a file in which I want to optimize all characters? (grinding shenanigans and all that)

I'm the odd one out around here. I don't optimize for crap.

If you have DLC, you can grind easily. Even on Lunatic Internal Level cap via Lost Bloodlines 3.

If you don't, Normal's probably your best bet with a few Leif Blades and Armsthrift Galeforce Guest MUs to help you on the gold front for Reeking Boxes. You can still pull that off though with the Reeking Boxes that are 4800 each by killing Spotpass teams with the Leif Blades.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I guess I'll follow the path of Rey, because to me optimization is useless. I have no one to StreetPass with, and I think the harder DLC like Apo can still be taken on without the absolute best skills you can get.

If you have DLC, you can grind easily. Even on Lunatic Internal Level cap via Lost Bloodlines 3.

If you don't, Normal's probably your best bet with a few Leif Blades and Armsthrift Galeforce Guest MUs to help you on the gold front for Reeking Boxes. You can still pull that off though with the Reeking Boxes that are 4800 each by killing Spotpass teams with the Leif Blades.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

you're the odd one out? more like you're with everyone else

What are the better flaws for a +Mag Avatar?

Strength if you don't want to cut your Magic

Luck for a straight Dump stat

Defense for a straight dump stat if you're either crazy or not on Lunatic.

Skill for a meh dump stat [it's not really... skill means a fair deal]

Strength if you don't want to cut your Magic

Luck for a straight Dump stat

Defense for a straight dump stat if you're either crazy or not on Lunatic.

Skill for a meh dump stat [it's not really... skill means a fair deal]

But I thought -Lck would lower your strength and magic... I'd like an ideal setup to pair with Cordelia in my next playthrough since she's plenty fast already so I don't need speed, and she has poor magic, with which the Avatar would help.

-LCK does cut STR/MAG, this is why -DEF is better, but -DEF is crazy on Lunatic(+).

You can't go wrong with more SPD or SKL.

DEF is good in early game, dump stat post. [Only need 30 DEF for all post game applications, and what can't get that?]

LCK is pretty much always a dump stat.