Oh. Then:

-1 Str

+3 Mag

+1 Skill

+1 Speed

-2 Luck

Defense and Resistance are both 0.

Edited by Levant Fortner

blah only 3 and emmeryn is apparently 9.

Oh well.

Shadowgift is shadowgift

You didn't tell me your asset and flaw - I very well couldn't figure out the offspring's stat cap modifiers not knowing that.

Edited by Levant Fortner

I only stated Aversa's mods because you didn't tell me your asset and flaw - I very well couldn't figure out the offspring's stat cap modifiers not knowing that.

I was under the impressions parents had their own individual mods. Regardless of the other parent, and they were just added up for the kid.

+str -luck

I was under the impressions parents had their own individual mods. Regardless of the other parent, and they were just added up for the kid.

+str -luck

That's true to an extent - the offspring's mods are the sum of both parents' modifiers +1 (if you marry a child character, though, it's just the sum of the modifiers). That being said, the mods are:

+3 Str

+3 Mag

+4 Skill

+2 Speed

-4 Luck

+3 Def

+1 Res

+str -luck

Yes, and your Emmeryn's "9" is the product of Avatar's 4 (Mag asset), the second gen bonus of 1, and Emmeryn's 4. If you had gone +Mag, Aversa!Morgan would have +8 Mag, one less than Emmeryn!Morgan.

Faster way to grind to caps?

Usually I use EXP Growth until my unit has around 70 HP then go LB3... Is there a faster way?

the lower level 3 or even LB2 or whatever you can reliably solo can work.

Im honestly not sure if its "faster", but being able to just end turn and mash start is nice

LB3 is faster than CoY3 because there are 50 enemies instead of 20 enemies, the boss moves, and there's a gate for you to hang out on. With Paragon on Hard, you get a minimum of 50 x 8 x 2 = 800 exp, enough to go through a class with only two clears.

Now, my preferred method of grinding to caps when I don't care about class hopping for tons of skills is to find a staff-using class, go to CoY3 (or any other map where the boss doesn't move), killing everything except the boss, and then breaking dozens of Rescue Staves for exp. Much safer than trying to solo underleveled, money issues are solved by Golden Gaffe, and builds staff rank, which is hard to cap otherwise.

Im honestly not sure if its "faster", but being able to just end turn and mash start is nice

I just have it set to skip all animations, movements or otherwise after hitting auto. Works perfectly for me, so I don't have to press a ton of buttons.

LB3 is faster than CoY3 because there are 50 enemies instead of 20 enemies, the boss moves, and there's a gate for you to hang out on. With Paragon on Hard, you get a minimum of 50 x 8 x 2 = 800 exp, enough to go through a class with only two clears.

Now, my preferred method of grinding to caps when I don't care about class hopping for tons of skills is to find a staff-using class, go to CoY3 (or any other map where the boss doesn't move), killing everything except the boss, and then breaking dozens of Rescue Staves for exp. Much safer than trying to solo underleveled, money issues are solved by Golden Gaffe, and builds staff rank, which is hard to cap otherwise.

I know it's faster because full aggro enemies, but sometimes I'm overwhelmed. Two mages with Forseti tomes spell doom for fliers. So it would be nice to know an intermediate map, in-between EXP Growth and LB3, which would be speedy enough before sending my units to LB3.

I know it's faster because full aggro enemies, but sometimes I'm overwhelmed. Two mages with Forseti tomes spell doom for fliers. So it would be nice to know an intermediate map, in-between EXP Growth and LB3, which would be speedy enough before sending my units to LB3.

Honestly just try LB2 or ...smash brethren? idk, whatever the low lvl one is...

Just trial and error things with full aggro until you find a sweet spot

Vantage trashes those wind mages, they're very fragile. All three of them start in opposite corners of the map as well, so it's not too hard to pick them off one by one. If it's a little much to handle 50 enemies at once, try flying to the ledge up on the top of the map, only five flyers can reach you there and you can siege effectively up there. You also might want to consider training multiple characters at once there, the divided nature of the armies makes it pretty easy to split them up between multiple trainees.

As for your other options, I don't recommend any of the 1/2 maps because you have allies who waste a ton of time/exp, I don't recommend SB3 because the doors make it very annoying to just sit there and spam start (it is a very safe map if you have Renewal though), I don't recommend RaR3 because it has a Counter goon, a Lethality goon, tons of Breakers, and LB3 is flat-out easier with no exp loss, and CoY3 has only 20 enemies.

...Thinking aloud here, but Summer Scramble might be good. I think the enemies there are fairly weak and there aren't too many of them, but more than CoY3. And if this isn't Lunatic, you can always fall back on Spotpass Teams for exp and Renown.

Faster way to grind to caps?

Usually I use EXP Growth until my unit has around 70 HP then go LB3... Is there a faster way?

The fastest way I found was using LB3 - get three pairs of units, two at the bottom and one at the top. Send one at the top right, and one at the bottom up (to go left) and the other right. Equip the first person with a 1-2 range weapon. Then just mash auto with Chrom set to wait (unless he's one of the characters grinding) and everyone else to attack. Assuming you've already levelled up somewhat, this works comfortably even on Lunatic - which is what I did it on, so I'm talking from first hand experience. It's a little faster than the 'pair up with Chrom and sit on fort' method, and lets you train three pairs at once (and so also build up a few more supports). Another advantage is you usually won't break weapons, so a single tap of the restock all button fills up everyone's items - rather than having to restore each item individually.

If you're struggling with the powerful magic users, then you might want to stick to a lower level solution for the time being. CoY3 or LB2 are decent choices, as is EXPonential growth if it still gives significant EXP. CoY3 is easy enough to kill everything in, but because of the low enemy density and spread out enemies, it can be a little slow. LB2 has the gate you can camp on, but there's green units who slow things down a ton. EXPonential growth is good at low levels, but that EXP decay really bites pretty quickly, as well as the lack of enemy phase EXP.

I was fighting a team that I had streetpassed earlier today and I may have noticed something ... weird. Can Lethality miss?

Granted, it's 4:47 am here and I might have been so tired I was seeing things. What I do know is that I was fighting an enemy Inigo with my Inigo. Mine was a swordmaster with Amatsu, the enemy Inigo was a berserker with Helswath. He had ~10% hit on my Inigo. I'm - pretty - sure the enemy Inigo activated Lethality, and mine dodged it >_>

I've never seen Lethality miss before. Granted, it's always been dual guarded, or at a high enough hit percentage to kill me outright. So, uh, am I seeing things or can this happen.

Yes, it can miss.

I have dodged a 99% Hit Rate Lethality and struck with a 1% Hit Rate Lethality, so Lethality activation calculation definitely comes before Hit Calculation.

Edited by Ƶerker

You have? According to true hit, 1% hit rate is actually 0.03% and 99% is actually 99.99%. Stack that on top of lethality activations, and I'm having trouble swallowing that. Then again, I did get a 1% crit stacked with lethality followed by a 9% crit stacked with lethality on the next turn once, so I suppose anything is possible...

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Okay so I started up a file on hard mode and am having problems with understanding the internal level. I read the Calculations page but sadly my math disability is messing with my desire to figure out the best way to get Armsthrift and Galeforce on my avatar in the least amount of level ups possible. Will I hit the level 30 cap regardless of how I do it, or is there a way to effectively change classes without guzzling experience from the start?