"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the dual battle mode, I noticed that in between encounters there is a blue bar that increases slowly over time. What causes it to grow besides time (if anything) and what happens when it's maxed out? I usually finish battles too early to find out.

how the heck are you getting 100% Luna......

SELECTIVE BREEDING!!! xD

Lol but yeah, this is incredibly hard (or perhaps actually tedius) to build up, but relatively easy to use when in an actual skirmish.

[spoiler=RANT TIEM!!]Female Avatar with Asset/Flaw of Skill/Res. Getting ChromxOlivia for Inigo with Rightful King.

Female AvatarxInigo for Male Morgan with Rightful King.

Reclass him to Great Knight (or if you want to save time just have Female Avatar do that and have Morgan inherit it).

Morgan will already have Armsthrift as a Base skill from inheriting the Mercenary base class from Inigo.

Acquire All Stats +2 and Limit Break (which should be released in around a month or so, maybe more, which is perfect because it gives you time to set this build up in the meantime)

Final skills (for 100% Luna/Dual Strike build) for Male Morgan:

Limit Break

Rightful King

Luna

Armsthrift

All Stats +2

Have him equipped with Mystletainn is also key to this build, although you can still manage 95% Luna and 99% Dual Strike without Mystletainn if you need to use a bow or a ranged sword, depending on what enemy you're engaging and whether or not he/she has a breaker skill)

Then have him S-rank with a female Hero (I'm doing Severa whose father is Gregor, her skills are going to be Support Boost+, Anathema, Limit Break, Armsthrift, and I've yet to decide her final skill.)

Pairing them up at the S-rank gives Male Morgan +8 Skill (+3 from Severa having 30+ Skill stat, +3 for Hero class bonus, and +2 for S-rank support pair bonus.)

Now have a female Rally bot (I'm planning on using a SpotPass character [i wanna go with Est just because but any female unit will do]) with Rally Spectrum, Love, Skill, and Speed (Speed doesn't factor into activation rates obviously but it's always nice to try to cement that double attack against maxed stat enemy units on harder DLC's) with Limit Break as the final skill (I'll probably have that flier keep Rally Resistance in the meantime). That gives an additional +10 to Morgan's Skill stat.

Mystletainn gives a +5 Skill stat as well.

This Morgan build, as an Assassin, has a maximum Skill cap at 65 with Limit Break. Add the +10 from Rally Spectrum/Love/Skill puts him at 75 Skill. Adding the +8 from Pairing Up bonus with S-rank Severa Hero puts his Skill at 83. All Stats +2 will put his Skill at 85. Mystletainn's +5 skill puts him at 90 Skill. And then Rightful King adds 10% to activation rates, putting him at 100% Luna.

Some may argue the effectiveness of this strategy due to the dependence of a DLC character as a Rally bot (as supports would be nonexistant and would have massive trouble on harder DLC's like The Strongest's Name) but (and in this case I'm considering using Est Dark Flier, but any female DLC/SpotPass character WILL suffice just fine), but that's easily fixed by Pairing her up with Pr. Marth (Shadow Dragon SpotPass version), with Pr. Marth as the support unit, since he automatically comes with Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+ and Dual Support+, giving her that much needed +10 evade and an additional +10 Dual Guard percentage. Not to mention that you could easily keep said Rally bot exactly 3 tiles away form Morgan/Severa and the Rally will still work and further distance the female Rally bot from the enemy team. If that still doesn't suffice having a stave wielder 7-9 spaces away from Morgan use a Rescue staff will do the job just fine. And you can also keep Est/Rally bot further out of danger (depending on the map) by moving her and Rallying before moving Morgan, further increasing the distance between the Rally bot and the enemies if the enemies aren't already upon Morgan at the start of the Player Phase.

With all these boosts, Severa's Skill stat would be at 71 (51 + 10 for Limit Break + 10 for Rallies) and Morgan's at 90 (with the lengthy bonuses listed above. :P). Since the Dual Strike rate is (sum of pair's skill stats/4 + support rank bonus), as marriage partners they would have ((71+90)/4 + 60)=(161/4 +60)=101=100% Dual Strike activation rate. And giving Severa a forged brave Sword/Brave Axe and/or Eirika's Blade (in conjunction with her Armsthrift) makes this married couple quite a pain in the fanny.

So yeah, if you're willing to put the effort into it (and wait for Limit Break and Bride's Bouquet to come out internationally), then this could be quite deadly. I'll also have Morgan with the additional skills Pavise, Aegis, and Lethality as inactive since I can swap them in for similar builds, one of which (with the same conditions as above) has 93% activation rate for Pavise, Aegis and Luna with 116 (somewhere around there, might need to crunch the numbers again) Critical Rate with a Forged Killing Edge and another similar build (with the same conditions as above) having a 32% activation rate for Lethality and 66% activation rate for Luna. So yeah, crazy jazz and stuff. xD

might as well set up a Dragonskin lite with Pavise/Aegis

also Ignis>Luna

100% Luna? just hack for Luna+

Hacking? Pfft, if you're gonna break the game, you might as well do it the hard way. xD

And yeah, for StreetPass setups I'll probably have this Morgan go Rightful King/Limit Breaker/Pavise/Aegis/Luna since even without any of the aforementioned bonuses he'd have 75% activation rates across the board, and if my Rally bot just happens to cozy on beside him and use the Rally command, then 85%. Wooh.

And Ignis might be better, but you also need to consider that this is an Assassin build, where Assassins aren't particularly known for high Magic caps, and with all the aforementioned bonuses Morgan's Magic would only hit 50 (30 + Limit Break's 10 + All Stat's +2 + 2 from Severa's Pair up (her Magic in this build caps at 29 without Limit Break, and stat raising skills aren't counted in the Pair up bonus in this regard) +6 from Rallies), giving him an extra 25 damage. Plus, if Ignis is used on The Strongest's Name, then Dragonskin would reduce that damage to 12. (I can't remember, but do either Pavise or Aegis affect the damage inflicted from Ignis or no?). And since units on The Strongest's Name have capped stats, having 100% Luna with 90% Critical (with Female Avatar B-rank or higher adjacent to Morgan with Solidarity, 75% if no units are adjacent to Morgan with a B-rank support or higher) would be more useful to counter their terrifying skills and stats. Plus this would still be vastly inadequate to clear The Strongest's Name as well, with just these five units (6-7 if you include Female Avatar Paired with another unit, maybe Inigo for S-rank bonuses). So yeah, either way with this build Ignis and/or Luna are still possible at 100% activation rate, so take your pick to suit your preference. My goal was only to make an uber Skill stat/activation rate based character build and this is what I ended up with.

Edited by Goblinaro

wall of text

first of all, increased damage from Luna is also cut in half, so that isn't really a point in favor of Luna vs Ignis (it really narrows the gap, in either direction)

second, why assassin, i'm not seeing the point of the class (the only thing is speed, but you're so optimized as it is you'd have enough anyway)

.....then again, this discussion is like trying to squeeze out that last 1% of maximum potential, so eh whatever

first of all, increased damage from Luna is also cut in half, so that isn't really a point in favor of Luna vs Ignis (it really narrows the gap, in either direction)

second, why assassin, i'm not seeing the point of the class (the only thing is speed, but you're so optimized as it is you'd have enough anyway)

.....then again, this discussion is like trying to squeeze out that last 1% of maximum potential, so eh whatever

Yeah, basically Assassin for maximum Skill cap. That's what the point of this build was: uber Skill/activation rate, and Assassin just happened to be the class to accomplish that.

And yeah, now that I think about it Luna actually wouldn't do any more than Ignis on SON in most cases, and I believe it would only inflict more damage (albeit minimally so) against enemies that have 60 or more Defense or Res, which won't happen often (if at all). I dunno, whatever suits your preference I guess. Hell, you could throw Sol in there. Then you'd technically be Nosferatanking, except you wouldn't be using Nosferatu. And you wouldn't be using tomes. Or magic for that matter. xD

(I can't remember, but do either Pavise or Aegis affect the damage inflicted from Ignis or no?).

Unless you magically get Grima on your team, then all attacks will be covered by Pavise and Aegis.

Unless you magically get Grima on your team, then all attacks will be covered by Pavise and Aegis.

Well, I kinda meant for enemies, such as those on Lunatic+ or Strongest One's Name, who have Pavise+ and Aegis+. I was just wondering if those halved the damage from Ignis as well as Dragonskin or if that trait was Dragonskin exclusive.

Well, I kinda meant for enemies, such as those on Lunatic+ or Strongest One's Name, who have Pavise+ and Aegis+. I was just wondering if those halved the damage from Ignis as well as Dragonskin or if that trait was Dragonskin exclusive.

Ignis doesn't really have a thing with the Dragonskin skill so both skills apply as long as they activate. Dragonskin doesn't really "activate" but, you know what I meant.

Ignis doesn't really have a thing with the Dragonskin skill so both skills apply as long as they activate. Dragonskin doesn't really "activate" but, you know what I meant.

Well, since Dragonskin halves all damage, regardless of how it's inflicted, the damage caused by Ignis' activation is included. I was just wondering if the same was for Pavise/Aegis, but as this conversation drags on it's becoming more and more likely that that's not the case, since it can't be classified as weapon damage per se.

Oh well, all's well that ends well I guess. :P

doesn't matter what skill you activate, it's just the starting weapon type

.....at least i'm fairly sure this is the case for Ignis, because even if you're using the opposite stat you're just adding on extra attack

Where are the Boots, other than from Renown? I just saw something that reminded me of them, I think on my second playthrough I missed them D:

You get it from the chest in that chapter with the Valkyrie boss. I don't remember which chest or chapter number though.

You get it from the chest in that chapter with the Valkyrie boss. I don't remember which chest or chapter number though.

Chapter 17, one of the two northwestern chests.

doesn't matter what skill you activate, it's just the starting weapon type

.....at least i'm fairly sure this is the case for Ignis, because even if you're using the opposite stat you're just adding on extra attack

Yes, that's what I thought as well at first, that Ignis added half of your Magic stat to your Strength and half of your Strength stat to your Magic when activated while attacking, depending on what kind of weapon you were attacking with....but if SF's Skills page is correct on their Skill effect description, then Ignis adds on half of the opposite stat as DAMAGE, not as extra attack/might. As it's stated on SF's Skills page:

Adds (Magic)/2 damage when attacking with weapons and (Strength)/2 damage when attacking with magic

while the in-game description states:

Add half Mag or Str to the other value. Trigger % = (Skill stat)

which is why I'm confused as to whether or not Pavise/Aegis would halve damage like Dragonskin would or not, based on whether or not Ignis increases Magic/Strength or just final damage in general. :/

Yes, that's what I thought as well at first, that Ignis added half of your Magic stat to your Strength and half of your Strength stat to your Magic when activated while attacking, depending on what kind of weapon you were attacking with....but if SF's Skills page is correct on their Skill effect description, then Ignis adds on half of the opposite stat as DAMAGE, not as extra attack/might. As it's stated on SF's Skills page:

Adds (Magic)/2 damage when attacking with weapons and (Strength)/2 damage when attacking with magic

while the in-game description states:

Add half Mag or Str to the other value. Trigger % = (Skill stat)

which is why I'm confused as to whether or not Pavise/Aegis would halve damage like Dragonskin would or not, based on whether or not Ignis increases Magic/Strength or just final damage in general. :/

Because that was from the Japanese description. I don't think Vincent updated the description for it.

I mean, he doesn't have the game yet, and I don't think anyone gave it to him. XD

I'm pretty sure the total damage is calculated first, then dragonskin, then halving it even more if Pavise/Aegis/the Lunatic+ varieties are applicable.

How about, I check the phonebook of the 2ch wiki before a certain someone else does? XD

基本ダメージ → 攻撃スキルによる修正 → 必殺による修正 → 防御スキルによる修正

Raw Damage ---> Skill Activation ---> Critical ---> Defense skills

Take your raw damage, add Ignis damage... critical if applicable, halve it with dragonskin, and then halve it again if the normal halving skills are applicable.

Edited by shadowofchaos

stuff

yeah that's what i thought

just like using Luna on a 40 defense unit activating Pavise would only increase damage by 10, using Ignis with 40 magic would do the same thing (with sword/axe/lance ofc)

Yeah, that makes sense shadowofchaos. Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't know that Ignis' description on SF was still from the Japanese version. I only found out the differences between that one and the English in-game description while watching a Let's Play after the LPer obtained Ignis and brought up it's description that I thought to compare it to the one listed on SF. I understand Ignis, and offensive skills with activation rates in general, a lot better now.

And I wanted to know that I saw someone uploaded an portrait of Robin wearing a Pothead, is there any Spotpass, DLC, or any chapters that he wears it as an alternate portrait for Robin like Lissa wears a party hat in the Festival DLC chapter or is this kinda more of a fan made? I wanted to make sure.

And I wanted to know that I saw someone uploaded an portrait of Robin wearing a Pothead, is there any Spotpass, DLC, or any chapters that he wears it as an alternate portrait for Robin like Lissa wears a party hat in the Festival DLC chapter or is this kinda more of a fan made? I wanted to make sure.

Given that the description of the picture on its use in the Avatar (Awakening) page states that it depicts "The Avatar wearing the Pot of Power.", it should be abundantly clear it's a joke based around a simple Photoshop editing of Donnel's pot onto a generic Avatar portrait, and is not an actual part of the game at all.

lolwikia

Edited by bookofholsety