"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

How integral is reclassing to this game, both in-game and post-game? I'm sure that you probably don't need to reclass much in-game (in lower difficulties), but can you even hope to tackle the post game without it? And is it even possible to reclass much at all in the higher difficulties, with all the limits to grinding? Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm genuinely curious.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How integral is reclassing to this game, both in-game and post-game? I'm sure that you probably don't need to reclass much in-game (in lower difficulties), but can you even hope to tackle the post game without it? And is it even possible to reclass much at all in the higher difficulties, with all the limits to grinding? Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm genuinely curious.

The most prominent strategic purpose is simply the ability to get extra levels beyond the "normal" 40. On lower difficulties ingame, it's not too prominent except for playing around, which is always fun. On higher difficulties, you really can't afford to play around with it, but you're going to have to end up training a smaller, more elite team which will gain excessive amounts of levels, and they'll really need the extra room to keep leveling up. For postgame, you're going to need a lot of reclassing to get the stats you'll need in order to tackle the more insane bonus levels, although if you manage to hoard a ton of stat boosters, they could work as a substitute. There's absolutely no reason to do that, though; reclassing is just a far more faster method.

although if you manage to hoard a ton of stat boosters, they could work as a substitute. There's absolutely no reason to do that, though; reclassing is just a far more faster method.

For one thing, when you've capped all your other stats, you're guaranteed to start gaining the stat you have bad growths in. Like how I had 7 luck with my endgame MU because of a combo of RNG luck and picking it as the worst stat... Once you reclass and cap the other stats, because of how FE13 does what FE10 does with level ups, you're guaranteed to get at least one stat unless you've capped everything.

So stat boosters are pretty much an obsolete method.

Then there's also obtaining the skills from other class level ups

I'm sure that you probably don't need to reclass much in-game (in lower difficulties)

Normal Difficulty? I didn't start reclassing till post game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The most prominent strategic purpose is simply the ability to get extra levels beyond the "normal" 40. On lower difficulties ingame, it's not too prominent except for playing around, which is always fun. On higher difficulties, you really can't afford to play around with it, but you're going to have to end up training a smaller, more elite team which will gain excessive amounts of levels, and they'll really need the extra room to keep leveling up. For postgame, you're going to need a lot of reclassing to get the stats you'll need in order to tackle the more insane bonus levels, although if you manage to hoard a ton of stat boosters, they could work as a substitute. There's absolutely no reason to do that, though; reclassing is just a far more faster method.

Ok, thanks for the info! I was asking because I was wondering if it was worth reclassing at all until the post game, especially since I remember reading somewhere that reclassing a lot leads to very small exp gains. Speaking of which, is it even logical to level up completely to 20 before promoting or reclassing in order to get those extra stats, or would the caps eventually be reached if you only changed class after learning all the skills in a class(level 10 or 15 I think)?

How viable is Henry as a Dark Knight (Lunatic Mode excluded)? Is Henry even a good unit to use?

Liz has a couple options to function as a healer. Between Falco, Valkyrie, and Sage, what are people's thoughts so far?

Are there any standout units and terrible units in this game? Again, Lunatic Mode excluded.

Are there any standout units and terrible units in this game? Again, Lunatic Mode excluded.

You mean blatantly horrible like Fiona and Meg were in FE10?

None really stood out to me as "terrible". From what I've experienced, it's "just use who you want to" if you're not going for efficiency.

For one thing, when you've capped all your other stats, you're guaranteed to start gaining the stat you have bad growths in. Like how I had 7 luck with my endgame MU because of a combo of RNG luck and picking it as the worst stat... Once you reclass and cap the other stats, because of how FE13 does what FE10 does with level ups, you're guaranteed to get at least one stat unless you've capped everything.

This is false, I've gotten a ton of empty levels doing silly things like trying to cap out Krom's magic.

This is false, I've gotten a ton of empty levels doing silly things like trying to cap out Krom's magic.

I do apologize then, for jumping to conclusions.

Here's the question then... if the level up mechanics are just the same as the other Fire Emblems...

Then how come in 4 playthroughs, I haven't gotten a single empty level up unless it has to do with capping extremely low growth stats when it's the only one left?

On average, I should have seen AT LEAST one by now.

Once you reclass and cap the other stats, because of how FE13 does what FE10 does with level ups, you're guaranteed to get at least one stat unless you've capped everything.

Unless your copy of the game is different than mine, I don't think this is the case. I get lots of empty level ups when in near-maxed situations, and I have to keep resetting because of that.

Individual copies of the game ARE different (at least for the order of getting SpotPass characters), but I don't think having empty level ups is one of those differences...

How many units can you use in a main story chapter ? There are to many awesome characters, it's hard to make a choice.

In later chapters, 15 units per battle. There are exceptions (20 in the most difficult DLC chapters, 30 in the final SpotPass map), but other than that you generally can't use more than 15 units. The limit is even lower in earlier chapters and easier DLC maps, of course.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I do apologize then, for jumping to conclusions.

Here's the question then... if the level up mechanics are just the same as the other Fire Emblems...

Then how come in 4 playthroughs, I haven't gotten a single empty level up unless it has to do with capping extremely low growth stats when it's the only one left?

I don't know about saying on average you should have got one so far. Growths are very high in this game, the chance of empty levels before capping stats is actually pretty small for most characters. In addition there's a good number of characters with 100%+ growth in HP who outside of capping you'll never see an empty level with.

Edited by arvilino

Upon learning a skill such as luna, sol, or aether, and then reclassing into a caster, do these skills still activate when using tomes?

Yeah they activate regardless of weapon type. So they can be used with Tomes and Dragon/Beast Stones in addition to physical weapons.

I've had empty level ups with as many as 4 uncapped stats. You're just not unluckly enough to run into empty level ups.

Random question about a certain character.

When you recruit Emmeryn, do her voice clips change to go with her... condition?

Just a random question. I thought of it when I was looking up some of the confessions.

Yes.

She talks slowly, and it's most apparent in the confession scene.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Do beaststones and dragonstones lose usage every time the units enter battle regardless of whether they were able to counter or not?

No. They function as regular weapons, losing usage for every hit.

No. They function as regular weapons, losing usage for every hit.

Good to know; I was curious because of the way they were treated in the DS installments.

Speaking of which. I liked the fact that Tomes don't lose usage now if they miss. XD

Neato.

Speaking of which. I liked the fact that Tomes don't lose usage now if they miss. XD

Honestly, while that's handy, it's a bit wierd. I mean, if you've shot a bolt of lightning, you've shot a bolt of lightning. Whether it hits or not should be irrelevant to usage.

Not that I'm complaining really.

I have two questions :

1 - Well, not exactly about FE13.... I will buy a 3DS XL to play it, but contrary to other handhels, it uses a memory card or something of 4 gb. So does that mean i can have as many save files as i want or am i still limited by slots ? More people may play here...

2 - While reading the FAQ, it got spoiled that Chrom marries with someone at Chapter 11 no matter what. Does this only applies to him or all the other characters as well ?

Edited by Lanko

I have two questions :

1 - Well, not exactly about FE13.... I will buy a 3DS XL to play it, but contrary to other handhels, it uses a memory card or something of 4 gb. So does that mean i can have as many save files as i want or am i still limited by slots ? More people may play here...

2 - While reading the FAQ, it got spoiled that Chrom marries with someone at Chapter 11 no matter what. Does this only applies to him or all the other characters as well ?

1. You are limited to the 3 main chapter saves, 2 casual mode battle saves, and 1 classic suspend save on every cartridge just like everyone else [unless you have an R4 save dongle like I do]. The only use for the SD card is for Streetpass data to transmit your team to other 3DSs even if you don't have Awakening on/in your 3DS, and for DLC.

2. This only applies to him. You can basically go through the game with everyone else single.