"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Another question.

Can Mark as Lucina and MUs child be a lord? Or is that impossible?

She can have Aether, so I was just wondering...

Lord cannot be inherited, so no.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone give me a ballpark figure of how many turns it would take to increase a support level, say from C to B or B to A? This is if I have the units together every turn (either dual or double). Can I go from C --> A in one chapter, or does it cap at C and I have to go through the support conversation after battle to continue from C? Just curious.

Edited by Keilis

Can someone give me a ballpark figure of how many turns it would take to increase a support level, say from C to B or B to A? This is if I have the units together every turn (either dual or double). Can I go from C --> A in one chapter, or does it cap at C and I have to go through the support conversation after battle to continue from C? Just curious.

I think the number might actually differ between unit pairs. I haven't tested it but I think some character combinations might gain support ranks faster than others, for example without exactly trying I was able to have Virion reach a C-support rank with Frederick by the end of chapter 1 in Lunatic, whereas it seemed longer for other units I had gain support together.

Edited by arvilino

I think the number might actually differ between unit pairs. I haven't tested it but I think some character combinations might gain support ranks faster than others, for example without exactly trying I was able to have Virion reach a C-support rank with Frederick by the end of chapter 1 in Lunatic, whereas it seemed longer for other units I had gain support together.

How many turns did that take you? I want to get some of the pairings out of the way so I can get the children ASAP, which is why I want to know.

How many turns did that take you? I want to get some of the pairings out of the way so I can get the children ASAP, which is why I want to know.

6-7 turns for chapter 1 if I remember. But turns aren't really an accurate gauge, character support grow whenever units are adjacent or paired with a character who's involved in combat.

Oh, sorry I meant turns that the units were together, though I guess you wouldn't remember. At least I know it can take under 7 turns then.

Also, I was wondering why people prefer sticking Cries on SpotPass characters.

Edited by Keilis

Don't quote me on this, but I'm sure that you can only go up one support level a chapter like in the GBA games.

Which reminds me... if I have, say, Chrom and Mariabell support in one chapter, can they keep getting support points to the next level of support afterwards?

Edited by Levant Fortner

Oh, sorry I meant turns that the units were together, though I guess you wouldn't remember. At least I know it can take under 7 turns then.

Also, I was wondering why people prefer sticking Cries on SpotPass characters.

I'm pretty sure they do that because spotpass characters can reclass to anything within their gender and thus get any cry skills they want, specially if female or they come with extra Cry Skills.

Also continuing the question and to the people that got one of the guidebooks (released in August I think), does it say anything about the supports there aside the possible ones?

Which reminds me... if I have, say, Chrom and Mariabell support in one chapter, can they keep getting support points to the next level of support afterwards?

Supports are viewed between chapters, not actually on the map. Like FE9. Whether or not points accumulate for the next level, I don't know.

Might as well ask that, since we're on a roll. If, say, Chrom and Mariabel gain enough support points for C and B in one chapter, then get C-level support inbetween chapters, then don't get any support points in the next chapter...would they be able to get the B-level support after that second chapter?

Edited by Tsamimi

Might as well ask that, since we're on a roll. If, say, Chrom and Mariabel gain enough support points for C and B in one chapter, get C-level support inbetween chapters, then don't get any support points in the next chapter...would they be able to get the B-level support?

Nope. Because the last support point before you go up a level is capped there until you view the conversation. I've had people literally gaining support points up to probably A because of the DLC money grinding, but never bothered to support because I was too busy gaining support points for MU and a girl for Vincent's CGs.

And then I support them maybe 3 days later. And no going up to B right after viewing C.

Though we can't really be sure until we actually are able to use a debugger to view the RAM or something.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just out of curiosity in regards to supports, is there any sort of "support catalogue", official or fan made, that gives an idea of how fast certain pairs are? And if not, what would be the chances of someone working on something like that?

I'd figure I'd ask since we seem to be on the subject right now.

Edited by Little Al

I want to know where MU's feet are.

In all seriousness though are you able to buy change/master seals at shops, or do you need some kind of secret shop you visit?

If you look at the models closely, none of them have feet.

At Chapter 12, when you beat it, you can buy master seals for 2500 each. You can also get them before that from Anna Merchants randomly appearing on the map.

As for Change Seals, I remember it being on the spot on the map with Mark's sidequest... I think?

You can buy Master Seals after Ch.12 and Change Seals after Ch.16. You can also buy them earlier if Merchants stock them in locations Ch.1~10 (I think the Prologue as well), S1~S3. There are no Secret Shops, unless you count the Merchants.

Ah, my thanks. Kinda glad you can just buy em after a certain point now. But where did all the feet go? I suspect there is some sort of crazy goblin with a foot fetish and a meat-cleaver that steals peoples feet while they sleep in FE 13.. we'll never know. huh.gif

I think that's because feet are a pain to design. If you look closely the end of the legs are really really tiny feet.

If you watch shadowofchaos's video of the DLC : Secret Spa of Bonds, when you look at Sairi during combat, she clearly wears sandals on those tinyyyyyy feet.

Wondering two things

1. Does counter activate with a killing blow? I know it's a bit obivous that it shouldn't, but i've been suprised by some games with stuff like this so just checking to be sure. Would hate to lose a weak char to a counter activation despite offing the dude.

2. I know you can't "support" with spotpass or dlc chars, but what does that actually come down to? Can I dual or double with them and gain the usual bonuses for it or is that entierly removed so im forced to use them as single chars?

Edited by Deshiva

Wondering two things

1. Does counter activate with a killing blow? I know it's a bit obivous that it shouldn't, but i've been suprised by some games with stuff like this so just checking to be sure. Would hate to lose a weak char to a counter activation despite offing the dude.

2. I know you can't "support" with spotpass or dlc chars, but what does that actually come down to? Can I dual or double with them and gain the usual bonuses for it or is that entierly removed so im forced to use them as single chars?

1. No, it doesn't

2. Yes, they work just fine as regular unsupported characters, in other words basically the same as any other character since who cares about supports

I think that's because feet are a pain to design. If you look closely the end of the legs are really really tiny feet.

If you watch shadowofchaos's video of the DLC : Secret Spa of Bonds, when you look at Sairi during combat, she clearly wears sandals on those tinyyyyyy feet.

Also if you check the character models closely, their feet are pretty much a similar shape to the horse's for the mounted classes.

Are there any Boots/Swiftsoles/other movement enhancing items? I haven't really seen or heard about anything like that at all, and since we're currently on the topic of feet, I thought I would ask.

Are there any Boots/Swiftsoles/other movement enhancing items? I haven't really seen or heard about anything like that at all, and since we're currently on the topic of feet, I thought I would ask.

Yeah, Boots gives +2 movements, I know that you obtain one with the second to last reward from the Fame system (at 50 000).

But I don't really know if you can have some with merchant shop (Anna's sisters or Streetpass teams).