"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

And in the case of Lunatic reclassing EXP penalties... the Mummy/Entombed DLC for grinding loses its luster. Level 30 Mummies give you crap EXP eventually, and the counter skill damage isn't worth it.

If you're going to grind when you've hit the internal level cap, you basically either get your EXP from Event Tiles in the "fun/conversation" DLCs because there's more than two event tiles per map there... or go to Celice/Seliph's DLC and basically AI skip the Enemy Phase on a fort while you gain about 2 levels per turn skip with Paragon (which you get the manual for in that DLC map)

That is... if you survive.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speed is more important than ever. Doubling isn't anywhere near as much of a given as it's been in past games; hell, not getting doubled isn't at all a given on the higher difficulties. Swordmasters in Lunatic's final story chapters go right up to their cap of 46, the highest natural Spd cap of any class.

1) Not certain, but I assume so. Basically, think of the kids each having base modifiers of +1 in every stat and then adding their parents' modifiers. Or the parent's inherited modifiers in the case of Gen 3 Mark, since he/she doesn't duplicate the child parent's +1, just the stats of that character's parents. I can't imagine the game would've made it any more complicated than this.

2) Yes.

Wait, really? The +1 stat to all stats modifier doesn't carry across to the third gen? Because the calculator on Serene's says it does. Take a Sumia!Lucina being Morgan's mother. If MU had Best Magic, Worst Defence then a Sage!Morgan has 51 Magic, but that shouldn't be possible without a +1 somewhere, since a Best Magic Sage!MU has 50 Magic.

Or are you just saying that the +1 to all stats isn't done AGAIN for a third Gen Morgan?

Edited by Onestep

Or are you just saying that the +1 to all stats isn't done AGAIN for a third Gen Morgan?

That's what I'm saying. So if we treat it as if the kids all have the +1 modifiers as their base modifiers:

If you pair Chrom and Sumia, Cynthia's modifiers end up as Chrom + Sumia + Cynthia. If you then pair Cynthia and Avatar, Mark's modifiers end up as Chrom + Sumia + Avatar + Mark. (Not Chrom + Sumia + Cynthia + Avatar + Mark.)

Not using the name Morgan until I see proof that that was actually Avatar's kid and not a guest Avatar.

That's what I'm saying. So if we treat it as if the kids all have the +1 modifiers as their base modifiers:

If you pair Chrom and Sumia, Cynthia's modifiers end up as Chrom + Sumia + Cynthia. If you then pair Cynthia and Avatar, Mark's modifiers end up as Chrom + Sumia + Avatar + Mark. (Not Chrom + Sumia + Cynthia + Avatar + Mark.)

Not using the name Morgan until I see proof that that was actually Avatar's kid and not a guest Avatar.

Ah, I think I get it. When Marc is born to a third gen, they have no modifier of their own, correct? So in the case of a Sumia mothered Lucina being Morgan's mother, Morgan's stat modifiers would be worked out as: Chrom + Sumia + Lucina (+1 to all stats) + Avatar, right?

Edited by Onestep

Ah, I think I get it. When Marc is born to a third gen, they have no modifier of their own, correct? So in the case of a Sumia mothered Lucina being Morgan's mother, Morgan's stat modifiers would be worked out as: Chrom + Sumia + Lucina (+1 to all stats) + Avatar, right?

Yeah, you can think of it that way, too.

I believe so. At least, I don't know of any characters whatsoever being excluded.

The reason why I'm asking is because the claim that "Morgan" is a guest MU just, I dunno. It just seems, at best, questionable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the map sprite next to that name match up with Fem!Mark's hair? Adding to that, wasn't Mark's hairstyle different from a playable avatar? Edited by Little Al

Well, i thought i would get the cartridge, but i believe i will now download it through the e-shop.

Reason : i live in Brazil. So they need to ship the cartridge to here, the port or w/e need to ship it to the shop and the shop to me.

Worse : Feb,11th starts Carnival here in the whole country. National holiday, lasts for 3-days. But everyone gets so drunk and laid, that Thursday and Friday are kinda ''unnoficial holiday'' too. So that means i only might get FE13 at around Feb 18th or more...

Geez. that's too much waiting...

I may eventually get the physical copy for the cartridge and box...but if i download it from the E-shop and later need to delete it for some reason, will i be able to download it again later ? Also, will the SD data of the digital copy be erased as well ?

Will it have two SD datas for the different copies ?

EDIT : Just found this news : ''Apparently, beginning next year’s spring, Nintendo 3DS users will be able to convert their physical games’ saved data to the downloadable versions if they also purchase the games via the Nintendo eShop. For example, if you own a physical game card of Mario Kart 7, you can transfer all its saved data, including unlocked characters and courses, to your Nintendo 3DS’ SD card, which means you’ll no longer have to carry the game’s cartridge along with your handheld. For this to work, you’ll need to have purchased both the physical copy of the game and the downloadable version from the Nintendo eShop.''

Uh...so that means if i get a physical and digital copy, there's no 6 saves...unless it's optional, which seems the case.

Edited by Lanko

Well, i thought i would get the cartridge, but i believe i will now download it through the e-shop.

Reason : i live in Brazil. So they need to ship the cartridge to here, the port or w/e need to ship it to the shop and the shop to me.

Worse : Feb,11th starts Carnival here in the whole country. National holiday, lasts for 3-days. But everyone gets so drunk and laid, that Thursday and Friday are kinda ''unnoficial holiday'' too. So that means i only might get FE13 at around Feb 18th or more...

Geez. that's too much waiting...

I may eventually get the physical copy for the cartridge and box...but if i download it from the E-shop and later need to delete it for some reason, will i be able to download it again later ? Also, will the SD data of the digital copy be erased as well ?

Will it have two SD datas for the different copies ?

EDIT : Just found this news : ''Apparently, beginning next year’s spring, Nintendo 3DS users will be able to convert their physical games’ saved data to the downloadable versions if they also purchase the games via the Nintendo eShop. For example, if you own a physical game card of Mario Kart 7, you can transfer all its saved data, including unlocked characters and courses, to your Nintendo 3DS’ SD card, which means you’ll no longer have to carry the game’s cartridge along with your handheld. For this to work, you’ll need to have purchased both the physical copy of the game and the downloadable version from the Nintendo eShop.''

Seems like a rip-off considering that means you need to buy the game twice. Unless buying the physical copy means you can get a free digital copy.

Anyway, can you not pair-up in Normal mode? Or was that a demo only thing?

Seems like a rip-off considering that means you need to buy the game twice. Unless buying the physical copy means you can get a free digital copy.

Anyway, can you not pair-up in Normal mode? Or was that a demo only thing?

I believe it is a Normal mode thing - certain actions are probably locked off until the tutorial occurs. The demo doesn't last that long.

The reason why I'm asking is because the claim that "Morgan" is a guest MU just, I dunno. It just seems, at best, questionable. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the map sprite next to that name match up with Fem!Mark's hair? Adding to that, wasn't Mark's hairstyle different from a playable avatar?

Manutally created StreetPass teams have the characters sorted before they're finalized. The player's MU comes first, then DLC characters, SpotPass characters, other MUs, and finally storyline characters in the predetermined order (Chrom, Liz, Frederick, Viole, Soiree...).

So therefore the unit you see at the end must be Mark.

I believe it is a Normal mode thing - certain actions are probably locked off until the tutorial occurs. The demo doesn't last that long.

In Normal mode you can't, there's a tutorial in Chapter 3 from what i heard, but you can Pair Up in Hard and Lunatic since Prologue.

Edited by Lanko

In Normal mode you can't, there's a tutorial in Chapter 3 from what i heard, but you can Pair Up in Hard and Lunatic since Prologue.

You can turn off the "Tutorials" by turning off "Slide Guides". Yeah, it threw me off too.

That will allow you to trade items and double/pair up in Normal Mode on the demo.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I was gonna ask about reclassing being a thing (and i so didnt read the whole thread lol no.) but that was already answered. (Virion not being an Archer will be a nice thing..A nice thing indeed.)

Is rescue a thing in this game? The demo didnt allow it but seeing how it is a demo...

Is there character endings like most of the other Fire Emblems, like where it says what happens to the characters and stuff?

ReiOliviaEnding.png

Weeeeeeee.

Does this answer your question?

Is rescue a thing in this game? The demo didnt allow it but seeing how it is a demo...

It's replaced by the Doubling/Pair Up system.

You can try it out in Normal mode in the demo by turning off the "Slide Guides" in the options menu.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oh ok. Thanks.

Also how long is the game up until everyone has babies and we play their story?

It's slightly spoilery (but nothing major), so...

Chrom's baby/babies is/are set in stone at Chapter 11 but doesn't appear until Chapter 13. Other babies will start to appear after Chapter 13 depending on whether or not certain female characters are paired and whether or not certain chapters have been completed. For example, Cherche is recruited in Chapter 12 but if you don't pair her her baby will never appear. Certain babies are also on maps that aren't accessible until certain chapters are completed.

Is there character endings like most of the other Fire Emblems, like where it says what happens to the characters and stuff?

Yes. Every character (or pair) gets an ending with about FE5/7/8/10/12's text length (and won't be "short" ones like FE6 and FE10).

EDIT - whoa, I missed a whole page in the thread.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Okay so this may be really obvious but I'm going to ask anyway ....

Does Royal Weapon work on skill weapons (like Luna or Astra)? I'm guessing it does but I've never seen anyone say it does (then again it may have to do with it being obvious but still ...).

Edited by December Knight

It's slightly spoilery (but nothing major), so...

Chrom's baby/babies is/are set in stone at Chapter 11 but doesn't appear until Chapter 13. Other babies will start to appear after Chapter 13 depending on whether or not certain female characters are paired and whether or not certain chapters have been completed. For example, Cherche is recruited in Chapter 12 but if you don't pair her her baby will never appear. Certain babies are also on maps that aren't accessible until certain chapters are completed.

Cool sauce. I have a feeling this will be something of a Guide Dang It moment. Who to pair up and the best output (assuming its like FE4 style) and junk.

Got somewhat the same question about Skill activation.

Royal weapon gives +10 skill activation rate.

But how does it work when a skill has the forumula of < skill/2-4 >

For example: X has got 40 skill He got the skill Astra and Royal weapon

Will the formula be 40 / 4 + 10 = 20% OR (40+10) / 4 = 12.5% ???

Okay I don't really know how to ask this but here goes.

Is it possible/even recommended to play the DLCs during the story (i.e not during post-game)?

Then, if it is possible, can you build support points in those DLCs, so you can build a certain amount of support levels without actually progressing in the main story? (I'm mainly concerned about that part because how are you going to get an S-support with between a character that comes pretty late in the story and the avatar?)