"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can a get some Levin Swords? I know that there is one for raising your Fame, and some at a shop in Bonus Chapter 23, but thats Spotpass only.

Is there anywhere else that I could get some Levin Swords?

Nino's group sells them, IIRC.

Oh, I almost forgot. One more question.

You know how you start off as a Tactician and can reclass into practically any unit in the game? Well, if you reclass using a Second Seal, can you change back to a Tactician?

Yep. Any unit can reclass back into their starting class if they desire so.

Oh, I almost forgot. One more question.

You know how you start off as a Tactician and can reclass into practically any unit in the game? Well, if you reclass using a Second Seal, can you change back to a Tactician?

That reminds me of a nagging question I had... If I reclass a unit, supposing I want to go back to the original class after learning a skill, would the levels I had obtained in the original class before the reclass be retained or not?

That reminds me of a nagging question I had... If I reclass a unit, supposing I want to go back to the original class after learning a skill, would the levels I had obtained in the original class before the reclass be retained or not?

When you reclass, you will always go to a displayed level of one, no matter what.

Nope. If you class change and then change back, you revert to level 1, but you keep your stats except they are slightly decreased/increased depending on the base stats of the class you were and the class you're changing into,

EDIT: Ninja'd dammit

Edited by Zelos

When you reclass, you will always go to a displayed level of one, no matter what.

Nope. If you class change and then change back, you revert to level 1, but you keep your stats except they are slightly decreased/increased depending on the base stats of the class you were and the class you're changing into,

Thanks. I actually had a suspicion that was what happened.

If I wanted to create a whole army of custom avatars that I made myself, would I have to keep creating them and registering them to the avatar compendium then summon all of them to a certain save file? It looks like the concept would be fun, but if the above is true, its certainly time consuming........

Two questions here, both related...

In the options menu, you have the option to change the music for challenge battles...

1. When/How do you unlock more songs?

2. Can you unlock the songs from the DLC maps? (like that sweet Shadow Dragon remix from the Prince Marth DLC)

If I wanted to create a whole army of custom avatars that I made myself, would I have to keep creating them and registering them to the avatar compendium then summon all of them to a certain save file? It looks like the concept would be fun, but if the above is true, its certainly time consuming........

Yes. You'll need to beat the first few chapters (so that you can access the Communication menu) repeatedly.

Two questions here, both related...

In the options menu, you have the option to change the music for challenge battles...

1. When/How do you unlock more songs?

You unlock just one more song, after you beat the game.

I got my first spotpass unit, Lyn a level 18 swordmaster. Can I not summon her team to the world map and still get the other teams via spotpass?

You can. I didn't summon Matthew (my first team) until a few days later, and both Lyn and Nergal popped up by the time I went to summon him. He's still the only one I've summoned (careful with Lyn, I summoned her without saving afterwards once and her team is filled to the brim with level 17 promotes and silver weapons), and this morning I got Eliwood. They'll keep popping up.

You can. I didn't summon Matthew (my first team) until a few days later, and both Lyn and Nergal popped up by the time I went to summon him. He's still the only one I've summoned (careful with Lyn, I summoned her without saving afterwards once and her team is filled to the brim with level 17 promotes and silver weapons), and this morning I got Eliwood. They'll keep popping up.

Thanks, I'll just wait until another team shows up tomorrow, I just glanced at her team and decided I wasn't ready to fight her. Maybe I'll buy some weapons from her team later on if her team is stocked with silver weapons^^

i'm probably just being slow, but i still don't quite get this whole thing about reverting back to level 1 on class changes. if you were at level 20 promoted and changed class, do you lose all 20 levels of class-specific gains but keep all the character-specific gains? so then when you increase a level you only get the class-specific gains?

also, what happens in the case of donny? does he have more potential than the other classes b/c he can go to level 30? but he can't promote, right? in which case i don't see the advantage to using him.

edit: also, is the rate that supports increase the same for all pairs, unlike previous games? i've played through the first few chapters and seem to be getting supports really quickly and without any effort.

Edited by geozeldadude

You save all stat gains you earned but your class base and caps change when you change class. You just reset your visible level but retain invisible internal levels, so leveling does become more difficult over time. This essentially means you can level up forever.

Donnel's starting class is awful even though it goes to level 30. He actually has fewer useful classes to become but he will more reliably proc stats, with universal growth rates in his melee stats around 80%. He can pass on the Aptitude skill to children so his child will also have amazing growths, and he passes troubadour and pegasus knight to female children iirc. He is basically like the trainees from Sacred Stones cranked into overdrive, but in hard mode he is nearly impossible to gain traction with.

You save all stat gains you earned but your class base and caps change when you change class. You just reset your visible level but retain invisible internal levels, so leveling does become more difficult over time. This essentially means you can level up forever.

Donnel's starting class is awful even though it goes to level 30. He actually has fewer useful classes to become but he will more reliably proc stats, with universal growth rates in his melee stats around 80%. He can pass on the Aptitude skill to children so his child will also have amazing growths, and he passes troubadour and pegasus knight to female children iirc. He is basically like the trainees from Sacred Stones cranked into overdrive, but in hard mode he is nearly impossible to gain traction with.

i still don't quite get it. you can level up forever just by doing class changes? in that case, why would levelling become more difficult over time?

re: donnel, is the idea that you would train him to level 30, class change him to fighter or mercenary, and then promote him? so in the previous games this means you would get 30 + 20 levels, but it sounds like here there aren't restrictions on the number of level ups, in which case being able to train to level 30 doesn't seem to give any advantage.

i still don't quite get it. you can level up forever just by doing class changes? in that case, why would levelling become more difficult over time?

Internal level. Class change at level 10, and it adds 5 to your iLevel, I believe. Something along those lines.

Because the game keeps an internal count. This number gets added with the displayed level (whether as-is, or with an additional +20 if promoted), and that resulting value gets used when gaining EXP.

There is a cap on the internal count though, so eventually EXP gained will overall stop decreasing.

Because the game keeps an internal count. This number gets added with the displayed level (whether as-is, or with an additional +20 if promoted), and that resulting value gets used when gaining EXP.

There is a cap on the internal count though, so eventually EXP gained will overall stop decreasing.

got it. this seems stupidly convoluted, but i guess the idea is that it's allowing you to have time to train in your new class. i have a feeling i won't be experimenting with this feature much. :P

Just think about it like this. A LV10 Fighter becoming a Barbarian keeps half of those 10 levels, so he's functionally LV6 instead of LV1. A LV20 Paladin becoming a Great Knight keeps half of those 40 levels (+2 since promoted), so she's functionally LV41 instead of LV21 (displayed as Great Knight LV1).

At any point in the game, does Chrom steal Marth's mask, wear it, and either yell out, "I HAVE RETURNED, MY HUMAN CHAMBERPOTS!", or do the following below?

Not really.

Masked Marth's mask gets cut in half at the beginning of chapter 6.

Edited by Diortem