Super Smash Bros Universe Mafia

Kaoz

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if the Mafia had a way to kill someone not on the same stage, I would expect such an ability to be of limited uses. If that were the case, then I think it would be wiser for the Mafia to save it for later. Last night, all the players were evenly spread through the stages. It would have been better to bypass stage restrictions to perform the kill at a time when there are fewer players on the stages.

I'm not saying it's impossible for the kill to have come from elsewhere, but I just find it more likely that one of Subieko/Naglfar shot him.

cool reasons for lynching proto that he should explain while i'm asleeping:

We probably shouldn't lynch Shinori because Redirector is awesome.

next post

For those who want to keep him alive because he claimed Redirector... I honestly don't see how Redirector can be considered good as Town. You don't prevent the Mafia from killing people and you outright mislead investigative roles (at least a Roleblocker would make them get nothing). One would say it could be useful by getting the Mafia to kill/block each other, but unlike Roleblockers, you have to correctly predict two Mafia members instead of one to achieve that. No matter how I look at it, Redirector seems like a scummy role. That, combined with the suspicions I already had on Shinori, incites me to

##Vote: Shinori

Proto, please do a solid claim and while you are at it, please explain why Naggy killed himself

I'm not saying it's impossible for the kill to have come from elsewhere, but I just find it more likely that one of Subieko/Naglfar shot him.

as mentioned here

Party time. Time to address some stuff. After a 3 and a half hour reread (goddammit Chuzzle, why u so distracting).

I really need some heat off of me right now, so I have to claim and get this over with.

I'm Sheik, the town's tracker. If I'm not dead by tomorrow, I can prove it.

Remember this everyone? Good. Now, prove your claim plz by outing your target and having the target confirm

Okay, looks like this will be necessary. I am King Dedede, Town Rolecop.

So the claim was true. I have a question though; why are we only focusing on the nightkill? I think some thought should go into the wagon and the people on Kay D1 (myself included). Although, here's what I thought at the time, and I stand by it:

I'm not doing what I did in Schoolgirl. I'm not leaving a possible scum!rolecop alive again. And if Kay flips town, it will suck so very much. But I still think that we can deal with it. We at least have a tracker to try and figure some stuff out.

So; To all the other people on the Kay wagon: Explain yourselves. And if people wish to interrogate me, go ahead.

good point

that slipped my mind, but that could but I like thinking there is only one role of a kind in a game

anyways, if town has an alignment cop and a role cop and if I were making the game, I would give the mafia a full cop

or just a full cop for town and role cop for mafia

Hmm. Since we had a town rolecop flip, I'd say we probably have an alignment cop. But I'm not sure what the mafia would have in this case.

and now i'm slightly suspicious of shinori's claim right now despite stating otherwise yesterday bc reasons i can't explain yet

And now is the time to explain yourself. You said you would, to be fair.

Oh hey, also I'm going to go ahead and tell you all this to save you the trouble. I targeted Subieko. She should(according to what I was told by le hosts) have confirmation that something happened to her last night.

Quick reminder that this is a thing. And Subi should probably out this confirmation to determine stuff.

*wouldn't mind roleclaiming

Considering right now, you possibly could if you think it would help.

Other stuff I couldn't be bothered quoting from reread:

- Proto overall didn't look great

- I don't think Subi/Straw would be maf

The possibility of a stage limitation ignoring kill is very possible, and shouldn't be discounted immediately. But, I don't know if it was used or not, so we need some discussion going, particularly from Proto.

tl;dr: I'm not quite convinced on voting Proto just yet, barring additional discussion. I do think that he's possible scum, but there isn't quite enough to base stuff on. :/

I don't trust Timp's claim really, because its easy to fake it alongside a Mafia!Redirector, you know what I'm thinking. Do you have anything else to say, Timp? Or can we see your role pm?

I'd like Subi to out whether Straw targeted her or not. She too has been on my scumspect list since the last day of Day 1 phase. I dunno how she could confirm it though.

For now, ##Vote: Elieson for tunneling me throughout D1 and not saying much, although this vote most likely will change in the future.

Also, I find it funny how similar this is to my time in CPM. I found eclipse scummy and she turned out being 3rd party. I found Naglfar scummy in this game and he ended up being 3rd party. And then there are other similarities.

I don't trust Timp's claim really, because its easy to fake it alongside a Mafia!Redirector, you know what I'm thinking. Do you have anything else to say, Timp? Or can we see your role pm?

Hence why I asked for her to out her target. And besides, Shinori can't redirect to help Timp because they weren't on the same stage. Hence; you can't quite make that link yet. You would think that to prove a tracker fakeclaim, they would go to the same stage, right?

/12am posts suck

Hence why I asked for her to out her target. And besides, Shinori can't redirect to help Timp because they weren't on the same stage. Hence; you can't quite make that link yet. You would think that to prove a tracker fakeclaim, they would go to the same stage, right?

/12am posts suck

Right. Should've checked that out.Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Going to work, figured I'd post this here before I leave.

I attempted to make marth target Iris last night, got no flavor at all in return but because of brinstars affect on my ability or whatever maybe it got moved around to other people on my stage. Idk.

Also I don't like proto either because of the stuff that happened on day 1 and this. anyway going to work I'll post more when I'm home.

Dang slept through so many pages again. How do you guys manage to stay up so late? Anyway, I can confirm that I was targeted by something:

For some reason, you feel good about yourself. With this much energy, you're able to perform your action on two players today.

And yeah, as the above quoted message suggests, I have a day action, not a night action. Because of that and the fact that I'm not really sure how to best use my role, I'm okay with claiming if that's desired.

I need to go do breakfast/run errands but when I get back I will re-read and check out Proto and Strawman, and also reexamine the Kay wagon.

Ok, question for you guys. If you were to lynch someone this phase, who would it be?

My answer would be either Subieko or BBM. Although with Subi's claim coming up I'm not too sure about that, BBM has been a little weird.

After eating/waking up more, I'm thinking that either Proto is the killer OR the mafia used some sort of power that lets them kill anyone on any stage. I feel they must have a power like that because otherwise the stage system would really hamper them, but whether they would use it N1 is questionable.

My reasoning is that after actually thinking about, given that I know I was targeted by someone and Strawman claims to have targeted me, he's probably telling the truth (how else would he know I was targeted and could confirm it?). And scum wouldn't target Town with an ability like that. So that leaves Proto, who claims to have idled.

And now gotta run errands.

Okay, I reread the thread a bit, ISOd both Subieko and Proto, and have changed my mind. While I still think Subieko's later D1 play was suspect, I don't think her early phase play was that bad. She made several logical votes in that time period with good reasoning even if she was sheeping in some places.

On the other hand, Proto's posts are both fewer and of less quality. His vote trend goes, correct me if I'm wrong, Shinori -> Subieko -> Shinori. Most of his time is spent on Shinori, and for all that he says that he was suspicious of Subieko D1, only one of his posts mention Subieko in any form. His reason for voting for her there is that she seems to be trying not to antagonize anyone, and says that this is characteristic of scum, especially newbscum. But In my opinion anyways, it's really more characteristic of newbs than of scum. I remember in GSM I tried hard to make my reads on everyone semi-moderate so that no one would pay too much attention to me if I was part of a mislynch. So Proto has only one post with somewhat flimsy reasoning against Subieko. When he switched back to Shinori later, he never even said "I still find Subieko suspicious" or something of that sort, which I feel is standard if you switch from one player you think is scummy to another whom you think is scummier.

So ##Unvote, ##Vote: Proto

After iso'ing Proto, his posts do not look great. He started off with some minor stage discussion, then moved on to suspecting Shinori for all but one post (in which he briefly suspected me).

When Shinori claimed Redirector, Proto decided to switch his vote to me, and he said this about Shinori:

We probably shouldn't lynch Shinori because Redirector is awesome.

But then, after spotting Shinori on IRC, Proto said that he was now certain Shinori was scum because Shinori never goes on IRC while he's in NOC games unless he's scum. And he said this:

For those who want to keep him alive because he claimed Redirector... I honestly don't see how Redirector can be considered good as Town.

This is quite a contradiction. Just two posts back, he thought Redirector was awesome. Then suddenly he thinks it's not good as a Town role. All because of seeing Shinori on IRC? This flip-flop is quite strange.

He also said he would not want a lynch on Eclipse, but to this point has not explained why. Nor has he said why he thinks Strawman is Town, given that his current vote on me is due to process of elimination. Which is also strange, given that earlier in the day I was at the top of his scumspect list (in spite of the fact that he only mentioned me in that one post). Proto's opinions seem to change quite easily.

Excellen? The only events of Day 1 were the bandwagons on Blues, Shinori, Kay, and Clipsey!, and the latter three's roleclaims under pressure. I talked about most of those stuff, and also added that Subieko was suspicious.

Iso'ing Proto's posts reveals that he did not in fact discuss Kay or Eclipse, aside from mentioning that he'd rather lynch Kay than Eclipse with no reasoning provided. He did not discuss the roleclaims. He did talk about Shinori, but his views on the Redirector claim flip-flopped without him giving any reason. And his discussion of the Marth wagon was limited to saying he found it suspicious and then using that as a reason to focus on Shinori for the rest of the phase. His suspicions on me were raised in a single post and then dropped again two posts later when he switched back to Shinori. Proto has not talked about very much at all.

And his final vote on Shinori was not great either. Aside from the sudden flip-flop (Shinori was third on his suspect list before; what happened to his suspicions of me and Excellen?):

The fact that I'm voting for someone who isn't being bandwagoned does NOT mean I want to start a bandwagon on him. You guys can lynch whoever you want but I want to make my opinions clear.

If you were convinced Shinori was scum, why didn't you try to convince others to vote for him? The goal is to lynch scum. Similarly, if you were completely against the Eclipse lynch, why didn't you post any reasoning about why Eclipse should not be lynched and try to convince others to move their votes? You state opinions, but you don't seem willing to back them up or do anything about them.

So Proto looks pretty suspicious to me. As for Strawman, at this point I think he's Town because scum would not have given me the extra action use. And after iso'ing him, he's discussed a lot and he's actively participating; I think he lurks a lot more as scum.

So from my perspective, Proto is looking scummy and he was on the same stage as the NK victim. It is still possible that the mafia used a stage-ignoring kill, but I feel like it's more likely that they would save something like that for later and that Proto was the killer.

##Vote: Proto

I still need to re-read re: the Kay wagon as well. Oh yeah, and as I said before, I will claim if that would be helpful.

Ok, I exist. Wow you guys have lots of pages here. Also, keep in mind I tend to leave this page open so I don't get lost as to where I was when you guys add 5 pages after I go to bed. So I may appear to be lurking, but this is a thing I do in all of my games. After rereading, I'd say I'm probably most suspicious of Proto. He seems to have been not really committing to anything that would have caused someone to actually get lynched yesterday, has been avoiding people's questions or not giving solid answers, and was also on the stage where a kill was last night, and I agree with the people that don't see the mafia using a theoretical stagejump kill this early. And then there's this:

My vote on Subieko is to get him/her to talk. I'm not actually trying to lynch him/her.

Well I'm assuming you meant Straw there, but since you implied you didn't want to lynch Subi right now, does that mean you find Straw the worst? If so, why haven't you mentioned it? Cause if you don't want Subi lynched, and you don't mention Straw, but find it unlikely the kill was from somewhere else, that would leave... you. Who claimed you idled.

Subi honestly didn't stand out very much during D1 for me. I've read him as newbishtown and continue to do so. The fact that he's claimed a day action honestly helps me read him as town more. I dunno why, but in my mind that shifts him more towards town. Straw is posting a good amount, which is a nice change from the last time I played with him, his posts seem to be helpful to the town, and overall I'm getting a pretty good town read on him.

Everything else is there was a lot of stuff, RVS stuff exploded thanks to Excellen, Excellen then proceeds to act just like he did in Homestuck (which is the only time I've played with him) where we proceeded to lynch him and he was Vriska so... I'm pretty sure Excellen is town. Then there was a lot of stuff that ended in the rolecop dying. Great. I'm going to echo Manix here (omg we're totally scumbuddies /sarcasm) and say that we should look into the people who voted on Kay yesterday. Honestly, FMPOV, it would have been better to no lynch by mass unvoting then it would have been to lynch a possible rolecop. But that might just be me. If you want more specific views on more specific people, I'll have to go ISO them and figure stuff out that way cause there's no way I'm rereading 30 pages again after I just did it. Oh also Prims needs to stop saying things that he doesn't actually mean cause otherwise I'm going to continue to get even more mad at him. Yay.

And now for my vote. Since I suspect it was someone on the stage who did the kill,

##Vote: Proto

Currently I:

Believe Shinori's claim if Redirector is a type of driver

Not sure what's going on with Proto, but I don't dislike him at the moment

Think Strawman is hiding something, and Subieko is currently neutral to me

Still would be okay with lynching eclipse

I used my ability on Elieson, because Psych can get. . .random at times, and I like having my sanity (I still remember your 4 AM antics in IRC's main channel). Based on my conversation with Elieson, I'm inclined to think he's town.

Given what Subi said, I'm also inclined to think that Strawman is town - I can't imagine any sort of balanced mafia getting that kind of role. I'd like to see what Subi does with her newfound power, so voting her off today doesn't seem like a good idea. I wish Proto would stop dodging the accusations flying at him; it's not doing him any favors.

So; To all the other people on the Kay wagon: Explain yourselves. And if people wish to interrogate me, go ahead.

Didn't feel like lynching myself or the person who claimed tracker, and ending the day with NL would've meant that all the town had were a bunch of arguments and no flips.

Didn't feel like lynching myself or the person who claimed tracker, and ending the day with NL would've meant that all the town had were a bunch of arguments and no flips.

Good enough. Anyone else want to explain themselves on the Kay wagon?

Here's the thing about stage bypass kill strategy that for some reason no one is bringing up. If its limited and the mafia use it night 1 and say mafia are only on 4 of the 5 stages, that leaves us going on the wrong track almost all day, pretty much all of those people claiming, and then if we decide its none of them we have really no other leads besides regular day 2 stuff (ie going off people that looked bad yesterday and people who were involved in mislynch or whatever). it gives the mafia a lot of information about roles and who they need to target with what and gets people off them early on. Doesn't seem like such a bad or unbelievable strategy to me, really.

Also I was trying to be vague because I didn't really want to just come out and say "Hey everyone look I can let one person perform their action twice in one phase" and attract possible mafia attention.

And as for me on the Kay wagon I mean I found her posts pretty thin and scummy when it comes to opinion and discussion contribution and she didn't do anything to change my opinion after that besides her super late claim which basically only gave us the choice of lynching her or some other claimed role which were all pretty good or somehow rush lynching in like 10 minutes on some random other person which wouldn't really be a good lynch unless we got incredibly lucky.