FE4 Pairing Guide

luigi bros

You could compare it as:

Yes, Lex doesn't let Delmund inherit much besides the Silver Blade, so his combat is worse.

Beowulf lets Delmund inherit the Silver Blade, the Hero Sword, the Cutter, the Light Sword, etc. potentially, so his combat is obviously better than Lex!Delmund's.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would personally say that killing off a character is by far the easiest to achieve in pairings.

I can see that, but that also deprives the team of that character. I'm going to go into Amid and Linda, so losing Tiltyu isn't that bad, but losing Sylvia is much more important.

The other difficulty involved is to avoid them falling in love.

In normal playthroughs, I think the general strategy to get Laylea/Sharlow is to put Sylvia in Reptor's range, then Levin/Sigurd kills him next turn. I forget which ones you get if the mother is killed after falling in love, but Levin is the only person Sylvia's at risk of falling in love with accidently anyway so just keep them apart as much as possible.

In normal playthroughs, I think the general strategy to get Laylea/Sharlow is to put Sylvia in Reptor's range, then Levin/Sigurd kills him next turn. I forget which ones you get if the mother is killed after falling in love, but Levin is the only person Sylvia's at risk of falling in love with accidently anyway so just keep them apart as much as possible.

But isn't there still risk? If I remember the children are set after Lubeck, not the end of the first generation.

I see the point. What I am trying to say is that it is universal to everyone. Nobody can get credit for it.

i can't tell if you're deliberately being dense or just not reading the argument

because "it's available to everyone" simply does not logically follow any of the things i've been saying

Edited by Camtech

But isn't there still risk? If I remember the children are set after Lubeck, not the end of the first generation.

I checked it now. The mother has to survive until the end to get children characters. And even so, there is basically 0 risk; taking 120 turns between Sylvia being recruited and the end of Gen 1, Sylvia needs to spend 38 turns next to Claude, and 28 turns next to anyone else but Levin to fall in love, so it won't happen as long as you don't make an effort towards it (12 turns for Levin, so you need to consciously avoid it in the 1% of playthroughs Levin is unpaired).

The "Difficulty to Acquire" ranking needs to be overhauled. Take a pairing's base love points, add the value of any conversations, add the expected map love points (love points gained per turn X expected number of turns until the end of gen 1, or the end of chapter 3 if the father is Fin), subtract the result from 500, divide by 5 and you get the numbers of turns they should be adjacent. Then consider how practical that is.

i can't tell if you're deliberately being dense or just not reading the argument

because "it's available to everyone" simply does not logically follow any of the things i've been saying

I'm not understanding then. What specifically should I do?

I checked it now. The mother has to survive until the end to get children characters. And even so, there is basically 0 risk; taking 120 turns between Sylvia being recruited and the end of Gen 1, Sylvia needs to spend 38 turns next to Claude, and 28 turns next to anyone else but Levin to fall in love, so it won't happen as long as you don't make an effort towards it (12 turns for Levin, so you need to consciously avoid it in the 1% of playthroughs Levin is unpaired).

The "Difficulty to Acquire" ranking needs to be overhauled. Take a pairing's base love points, add the value of any conversations, add the expected map love points (love points gained per turn X expected number of turns until the end of gen 1, or the end of chapter 3 if the father is Fin), subtract the result from 500, divide by 5 and you get the numbers of turns they should be adjacent. Then consider how practical that is.

I can see that I need to fix it now. Do you mean for everyone or just Sylvia unpaired?

Azel!Delmud is a little bit overrated. 8/10?

And what about FinxAyra? Prayer is awesome on their kids.

What should I lower it to?

And as for Ayra/Fin, I polled the members of the website for the top 5, and that pairing wasn't one of them.

What should I lower it to?

And as for Ayra/Fin, I polled the members of the website for the top 5, and that pairing wasn't one of them.

Delmud only has a magic cap of 15.. so he's not ever one rounding anything really. I'd lower it to 3 or 4, but that may be a little too strict.

Fin > Jamka for Ayra. Noish is basically a better Jamka, while Fin has something over all the other fathers: Prayer.

I'm not understanding then. What specifically should I do?

mention it as an option for pairings that have otherwise bad offense

yes, all of them

and then add in another note about how [beowulf or whoever else can pass down swords] can alternately pass down the hero/cutter/what have you instead which ALSO fixes the problem

and personally i'd lower the rating of pairings who don't otherwise have inheritance (since the silver blade is still a limited resource) but that's up to you

Delmud only has a magic cap of 15.. so he's not ever one rounding anything really. I'd lower it to 3 or 4, but that may be a little too strict.

Fin > Jamka for Ayra. Noish is basically a better Jamka, while Fin has something over all the other fathers: Prayer.

There was a poll about the pairings two weeks ago and AyraxFin was not in the top 5 for her. Meaning AyraxFin isn't in Luigi's guide.

There was a poll about the pairings two weeks ago and AyraxFin was not in the top 5 for her. Meaning AyraxFin isn't in Luigi's guide.

Well alright, but if I were him I'd add a few extra pairings with potential because 5 is a bit limited, especially for someone like Ayra.

I'll go back and mention it. How do you think it should affect the score?

While I agree that there are other good pairings, I only asked for five because for almost every mother, it was not easy coming up with five, most were only three.

I'll lower Azel!Delmud's score.

Edit: I put a note in the opening post about droppable items.

Edited by luigi bros

for ayra i wouldn't let it affect anything because in my experience skasaha never really needs the silver blade for offense

for lachesis i'll have to defer to someone else since i usually had delmud with a hero sword from beowulf

for ayra i wouldn't let it affect anything because in my experience skasaha never really needs the silver blade for offense

for lachesis i'll have to defer to someone else since i usually had delmud with a hero sword from beowulf

Sorry about the argument. It took me a while to actually understand.

I won't modify Skasaha. Once I know about Delmud, I'll change it accordingly.

does skasaha not orko with iron?

i haven't played this game normally in ages

He comes close, although he's activating Astra a fair amount of the time. It's not as bad as with Delmud, who's stuck with an iron sword.

Personal preferences /=/ what should be on the guide.

Skasaha with a Silver Blade is a good idea.

I would say given the number of people that voted, these are the best.

Skasaha would do great with a Silver Blade, but like Shin Chan said, Delmud needs it more.

Personal preferences /=/ what should be on the guide.

It was directed to Camtech, not you. It seemed like he was giving his personal experiences as the best way to go for this guide.

i'm using my own experiences as a baseline to go off of

in general my experiences won't be drastically different than everyone else's this early in the game