FE4 Pairing Guide

luigi bros

Seriously, rating Faval!Holyn 4.5 points over Faval!Lex. That's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard in a while.

1. All Faval does usually is just kill stuff on the player phase with Ichival. Regardless of which pairing you use, Faval has the same usefulness really.

2. Faval!Lex is likely to have a large level lead over Faval!Holyn, so they may even have similar skill if you just think about it for a few seconds.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, rating Faval!Holyn 4.5 points over Faval!Lex. That's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard in a while.

1. All Faval does usually is just kill stuff on the player phase with Ichival. Regardless of which pairing you use, Faval has the same usefulness really.

2. Faval!Lex is likely to have a large level lead over Faval!Holyn, so they may even have similar skill if you just think about it for a few seconds.

The level lead is not taken into account there.

And if he isn't facing enemy's the durability boost doesn't matter. The Skill bonus really should be that important.

Faval!Lex should be above Faval!Holyn by like 0.5-1 point.

Isn't that overkill? I can see they should be closer, but I still think Faval!Holyn should be better than Faval!Lex.

Isn't that overkill? I can see they should be closer, but I still think Faval!Holyn should be better than Faval!Lex.

Faval!Lex has a sizable level lead over Faval!Holyn... why on earth wouldn't you even consider Elite? Why is the level lead not taken into account?

The level lead doesn't really mean much with Faval compared to other characters. I agree more with Luigi's view on that Faval!Lex isn't as good as Faval!Holyn. Being able to actually hit with that nuke is much more valuable than having a level lead and not being able to hit with it.

The level lead doesn't really mean much with Faval compared to other characters. I agree more with Luigi's view on that Faval!Lex isn't as good as Faval!Holyn. Being able to actually hit with that nuke is much more valuable than having a level lead and not being able to hit with it.

Thank you.

The level lead is not being taken into account. That would be in the Skill section.

As Pitbuller26 said, accuracy is much more important, because what does it matter if he's tankier if he isn't even going to be hit anyways?

What does Faval!Holyn have over Faval!Lex that's not named skill?

The level lead is not being taken into account. That would be in the Skill section.

Why on earth would you ignore the lead in stats that Faval!Lex has Faval!Holyn thanks to Elite? It's just stupid. No matter what you say, it's stupid. Faval!Lex has an undeniable combat lead over Faval!Holyn and saying "oh, it's not taken into account" makes me doubt whether this guide should even be used at all because it can't be taken seriously.

You talk a lot about skill, but that lead doesn't mean anything thanks to Elite and Faval being able to OHKO stuff with the Ichival anyway.

Edited by Aeine

What does Faval!Holyn have over Faval!Lex that's not named skill?

Why on earth would you ignore the lead in stats that Faval!Lex has Faval!Holyn thanks to Elite? It's just stupid. No matter what you say, it's stupid. Faval!Lex has an undeniable combat lead over Faval!Holyn and saying "oh, it's not taken into account" makes me doubt whether this guide should even be used at all because it can't be taken seriously.

You talk a lot about skill, but that lead doesn't mean anything thanks to Elite and Faval being able to OHKO stuff with the Ichival anyway.

If you didn't notice, I gave the skills section a pretty good rating.

This is the first time I've ever heard talk of Lex!Faval being superior to Holyn!Faval.

Think about this: If I took a level lead into account for anytime Lex is involved, his children's stats would always be superior.

And because I disagree, does that make this guide invalid? I am trying to keep things balanced, but you disagree, and now the whole thing is useless?

If you didn't notice, I gave the skills section a pretty good rating.

This is the first time I've ever heard talk of Lex!Faval being superior to Holyn!Faval.

Think about this: If I took a level lead into account for anytime Lex is involved, his children's stats would always be superior.

And because I disagree, does that make this guide invalid? I am trying to keep things balanced, but you disagree, and now the whole thing is useless?

So you ignore skills when you compare them to each other individually? Doesn't that sound a little silly to you?

The only thing Faval does regardless of his parent is shoot stuff with the Ichival. 6 hit isn't going to make a difference.

Secondly, Elite is the only skill which leads to a stat increase, so maybe you should make an exception for Elite in your guide when comparing Lex's children to others.

The main problem is that you're saying 14% hit is worth 4.5 points. Other than the slight skill lead, Holyn has very little over Lex. Lex has more strength, which doesn't really count for much since Faval's wrecking stuff anyway. HP is pretty much the same, speed is also virtually the same, they'll both cap luck.

In all honesty, they're both pretty much the same. I'd give them both the same rank for stats, but I feel that Faval and Patty benefit more from Elite and Ambush more than Patty does from Luna. Ambush lets her Sleep Sword the arena and Elite lets her promote in a reasonable timeframe. Other dudes like Leaf would want the Hero Sword, and there's no way Patty's a bigger priority than him.

I can put a notation at the start. Yes Elite does lead to a stat increase. I made a note of this in the skills section though.

Faval will reach a higher level sooner, but I believe that at equal levels, Holyn is better.

I know Patty isn't a priority for the Hero Sword. But Holyn lets her, and Ambush is only useful in the arena, while Lunar Sword is useful any other time. The Sleep Sword is not accurate, so the Skill boost is helpful.

Personally I'd get rid of those bloody ratings. They certainly aren't accomplishing much besides trivial arguments. The guide should just contain as much factual data for the pairings you're going to cover, how they rank relative to each other (ie Azel > Holyn > Claude > etc) and some commentary, either yours or someone's well thought out commentary on how good or bad a particular kid is on certain settings.

That'd also work, the values are pretty arbitrary any way. It'd help if you gathered info from people who have done these pairings, unless you've managed to use all of them.

I don't want to remove the individual ratings, because I think it helps show the strengths, depending on your priorities, plus you can just ignore them.

As for Lex!Faval, tell me what you think the rating should be and I'll fix it, so this argument can end.

Personally I'd get rid of those bloody ratings. They certainly aren't accomplishing much besides trivial arguments. The guide should just contain as much factual data for the pairings you're going to cover, how they rank relative to each other (ie Azel > Holyn > Claude > etc) and some commentary, either yours or someone's well thought out commentary on how good or bad a particular kid is on certain settings.

seriously this

number ratings are dumb

I understand that I asked for input, but we've reached a point where nobody can be swayed.

I firmly stand by my reasoning, and while I see your point, I can't sway you any more than you can me.

I don't think that by this argument, the rest of the guide is considered not worth using.