FE4 Pairing Guide

luigi bros

I'll shut up then. I should probably have kept my trap shut in the first place since I've only actually played FE4 once but hopefully something I've said has been constructive.

Levin!Sety is the best fighting Sety you can make, he's not bad, it's just overkill.

And it's Sety in general that's not that good in the first place.

Late join time, No horse, decent fighting no matter what who is father(so, you should pair Levin with other instead).

When pairing Fury, you should focus on Fee.

But there is noting wrong with Levin!Sety, if you din't playing for low turns count.

Edited by Jimmy_Smith

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice in Noish-Lakche's section you said you won't give a 10/10 for it because there is someone better for her, which I would assume is Lex, because he also gets a 10/10 for Lakche, but you still gave Noish a 10/10 for her.

I notice in Noish-Lakche's section you said you won't give a 10/10 for it because there is someone better for her, which I would assume is Lex, because he also gets a 10/10 for Lakche, but you still gave Noish a 10/10 for her.

I fixed that. I don't know who I was talking about because I wrote that long before the rest of Aira's pairings.

Whoever suggested that spoilering each section would be good, I agree with them. It will definitely help with the text being less massive and cluttered. It would also be easier to know which pairing the reader is reading.

For example

AyraxNoishe

Luigi's summary

AyraxLex

Luigi's summary

But there is noting wrong with Levin!Sety, if you din't playing for low turns count.

I'd actually argue he's good for LTC, because

1) Autopair

2) Celice takes the Leg Ring, so Levin!Arthur has a move problem as well. And there's nothing you need Holsety for between Ganeishire and Manster.

levinarthur doesn't need the leg ring

if levinarthur is having move issues levinsety's are even bigger

levinsety is at that stat threshold where nobody attacks him anyway

I'm going to restate what I added to the opening post.

This is about maximizing the potential of the children.

Yes Corple is quite useless, but I'm not going to give every pairing a 0/10 for Corple.

I'll be giving a fair ranking for that pairing regardless of the kids overall value. I'm only ranking stats compared to alternate versions of that unit.

Also, this isn't about LTC. It's somewhat efficient, but not killing everything else to be fast.

Edited by luigi bros

Playing LTC with Levin!Arthur is impossible, because if I recall correctly, it adds around 20 turns just to pair them.

That number seems way too high.

Playing LTC with Levin!Arthur is impossible, because if I recall correctly, it adds around 20 turns just to pair them.

it actually doesn't

unless you're going balls-out with rescue lachesis (protip: don't) or something i've never had any trouble pairing them in a timely fashion

and i play at draft speed all the time anyway

it actually doesn't

unless you're going balls-out with rescue lachesis (protip: don't) or something i've never had any trouble pairing them in a timely fashion

Rescue Lachesis would also require either Azel Aideen or Claude Aideen, and Claude Aideen takes too many turns to pair for it to be efficient as well but it is more useful in Gen 2 due to Chapter 6 Fortify and Rescue.

I'm going to stop this.

This isn't about shaving turns.

This is for the casual player, not the player who wants to take the least turns possible.

I'm sure that Rescue in Chapter 7 would be nice, but I'm not going to say that alone makes Aideen/Claude the best pairing for her.

Updated for Lachesis.

Also, when I get to Arthur and Sety, is it pretty much said that Levin is the best father for both? (Regardless of the fact that he can only father one of them)

i'd argue that sety is unscrewable and you must therefore focus on fee

That I can't disagree with. However, Levin!Fee is not bad at all, right?

Sety is screwable; the difference is unlike other units who become unusable messes, the worst a bad father can do is make him a crappy prepromote.

Regarding pairing Levin, don't sweat the opportunity costs; it's more helpful to a newbie to have advice in a vacuum.

Edited by Baldrick

Sety is good with any reasonable pairing. Something like Noish!Sety will still be only slightly worse, if that, than Claude!Sety (his best non-Levin father), when it comes to fighting most enemies, and he can staffbot.

I'd say Jamka!Lester isn't just slightly worse than Midir!Lester overall because Pursuit is such a huge deal but w/e, casual play.

it actually doesn't

Why wouldn't you be "going balls-out" with Rescue Lachesis/Leaf in an LTC playthrough? Is your best argument just to say you shouldn't?

Anyway, Levin!Tiltyu is probably the best for a thread like this, due to ease and overall efficiency.

Edited by Aeine

Because then you have to pair Azel and Aideen because Claude x Aideen takes too long for Rescue!Lachesis, and Claude x Aideen is far better for Lana than Azel x Aideen.

Or so I hear from Horace, I haven't ever tried pairing Azel and Aideen myself. Claude x Aideen however, does go partway into Chapter 5.

Why wouldn't you be "going balls-out" with Rescue Lachesis/Leaf in an LTC playthrough? Is your best argument just to say you shouldn't?

Anyway, Levin!Tiltyu is probably the best for a thread like this, due to ease and overall efficiency.

Literally no reason not to balls out w/ rescue leaf

i'm 90% sure that rescue lachesis takes longer than levintiltyu

are you specifically being contrarian or do you have any useful things to say