FE4 Pairing Guide

luigi bros

Azel!Delmud a 5/10? Even if his magic sword potential is a bit limited, he's still got good Str and great Spd, and Skill rings exist. Besides, this is for the casual player, and I can see the casual player promoting Azel due to his nice stats, meaning Delmud can at least get a Steel Sword or something. He's worth a 6.5 at least.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree. I changed it to a 6.5/10.

Updated for Fury.

I tried to hold Sety to the same standards as any other pairing. However, in the overall section, I weighed Fee more than Sety.

Updated for Tiltyu.

I hope I did the nobody section right.

Thank you Sirius. I didn't notice the double post.

Edited by luigi bros

This probably isn't important, but it might help. If you promote Tiltyu and you are pairing her with Levin, you can give her Elwind to pass to Tinny. It's probably better than Elthunder or something, and Arthur likely will be using Holsety most of the time.

This probably isn't important, but it might help. If you promote Tiltyu and you are pairing her with Levin, you can give her Elwind to pass to Tinny. It's probably better than Elthunder or something, and Arthur likely will be using Holsety most of the time.

I'll add that in, but it shouldn't affect the rating.

If anyone has advice on how to fix the Sylvia/Nobody difficulty to acquire section, please tell me, because I'm not sure how to do it.

Edited by luigi bros

About Arthur in the Azel portion, it says he won't inherit any tomes but earlier you mention he'll inherit any tome Azel can use. Maybe it's just the way I play but I usually have Azel buy Thunder and Wind when they're available and Azel usually passes on those tomes onto Arthur. And Tinny starts off with Elthunder regardless of inheritance.

I know that it was left to the polls, but I think that Azel might be a better father for Sety and Fee than Alec? He can actually pass down some decent tomes and Fee will have good magic for healing and magic swords... I guess?

I think you're overrating Ayra's kids a little. Sure, they're gods in combat, but only in 1-range and they have only 7 move--in a game where you get ridiculous amount of mounted units and the maps are large. One should not assume that people play like slugs in a character guide. I'd decrease all of their ratings to 7 or 8 at most.

I think you're overrating Ayra's kids a little. Sure, they're gods in combat, but only in 1-range and they have only 7 move--in a game where you get ridiculous amount of mounted units and the maps are large. One should not assume that people play like slugs in a character guide. I'd decrease all of their ratings to 7 or 8 at most.

I agree that they are inferior given the number of mounted units, if you read the opening post, I am only rating them against alternate versions of themself.

And about Alec vs. Azel; I agree that Azel is likely better, but Alec got more votes.

For Tinny

Tinny will have second best HP, Strength, second worst Skill, lowest Speed, second lowest Luck, and highest Defense. Her Magic is average for a physical father, but with her higher Strength after promoting she can use swords with some efficiency. She's probably better off with Magic, but Lex does enable her to use swords.

I wouldn't call 10-12ish strength with only C rank sword (the most powerful being 12 Mt) being able to use swords.

I wouldn't call 10-12ish strength with only C rank sword (the most powerful being 12 Mt) being able to use swords.

She can use swords a little better than with other pairings.

Also, the guide is finished, I finished Brigid's section.

You can kill the character off after they've made their contributions in Gen 1, cruel as it sounds. Shouldn't be too hard to arrange death by Horseslayer or Thor Hammer in Ch5.

You can kill the character off after they've made their contributions in Gen 1, cruel as it sounds. Shouldn't be too hard to arrange death by Horseslayer or Thor Hammer in Ch5.

Would you suggest I change Sylvia/nobody to 10/10 for difficulty? I still think it is somewhat difficult because you have to be very careful not to let her spend to many turns next to the same unit.

Edit: I just thought that through. Even if she does get paired, if she's dead, it won't matter. I'll put it at 8/10 though because you still have to make sure she doesn't fall in love with someone who you have other plans for.

Edited by luigi bros

Just a small thing. Lex can actually pass the Thunder Sword to Patty, and same with Jamka.

I know. I had a long conversation with Camtech over this. I put a note about that in the opening post.

I agree that they are inferior given the number of mounted units, if you read the opening post, I am only rating them against alternate versions of themself.

By giving ratings for reliability and low turn count, you're already doing the bolded part anyway--all you have to do is see which one got a higher rating, and that's all. But it's your guide, and it's your decision.

By giving ratings for reliability and low turn count, you're already doing the bolded part anyway--all you have to do is see which one got a higher rating, and that's all. But it's your guide, and it's your decision.

I understand that, but I really do not want to go into comparing them to over units.

A little problem, you say that Lex's durability isn't needed for Brigid's kids, but then you praise Holyn for the durability he brings :P. Plus, Holyn's skill doesn't really help Faval that much, only making a 14% difference in hit at the end of the day.

A little problem, you say that Lex's durability isn't needed for Brigid's kids, but then you praise Holyn for the durability he brings :P. Plus, Holyn's skill doesn't really help Faval that much, only making a 14% difference in hit at the end of the day.

I praise Holyn for it because it's an extra bonus. With Lex it's the prime result, which is a difference.

Lex gives the durability, but with a huge price tag. Holyn gives better Skill (small, but Ichival is not accurate), and high HP as a bonus.

Holyn only provides extra 5 HP at most, there aren't (m)any situations where that comes in handy. That 14% hit might count a little when it's Jamka, but Lex!Faval can manage a skill of around 24 by level 30. That's 6% hit. The speed difference is minimal. All it boils down to is a little HP, skill and speed against earlier strength and defense... which really doesn't justify a 4 vs a 8.5.

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=favaljamka&game=4x

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=favalholyn&game=4x

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=favallex&game=4x

All end up with similar stats, aside from Jamka's skill, all 3 should score similarly for Faval. I'd also advise with removing the second highest, third worst etc. stuff. Rather than comparing the stats to pairings you're not considering, relative stuff like good strength, passable defense, awful luck would work better.

Holyn only provides extra 5 HP at most, there aren't (m)any situations where that comes in handy. That 14% hit might count a little when it's Jamka, but Lex!Faval can manage a skill of around 24 by level 30. That's 6% hit. The speed difference is minimal. All it boils down to is a little HP, skill and speed against earlier strength and defense... which really doesn't justify a 4 vs a 8.5.

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=favaljamka&game=4x

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=favalholyn&game=4x

http://fea.fewiki.net/fea.php?character=favallex&game=4x

All end up with similar stats, aside from Jamka's skill, all 3 should score similarly for Faval. I'd also advise with removing the second highest, third worst etc. stuff. Rather than comparing the stats to pairings you're not considering, relative stuff like good strength, passable defense, awful luck would work better.

I tried going with good, passable, etc., but I just thought it didn't seem detailed enough.

I can see your point, what Lex provides may be better than Holyn, in some pairings, but not for Faval. As an bow user, Faval shouldn't even enter 1 range combat, so the Defense is useless. On the other hand, the Skill difference (although minor) may mean the difference between hitting and missing on some bosses. If the Ichival was more accurate I would concede, but Faval needs Skill, which is something that Lex is bad at, while Holyn is much, much better at.

I tried going with good, passable, etc., but I just thought it didn't seem detailed enough.

I can see your point, what Lex provides may be better than Holyn, in some pairings, but not for Faval. As an bow user, Faval shouldn't even enter 1 range combat, so the Defense is useless. On the other hand, the Skill difference (although minor) may mean the difference between hitting and missing on some bosses. If the Ichival was more accurate I would concede, but Faval needs Skill, which is something that Lex is bad at, while Holyn is much, much better at.

Holyn's stats may suit him better, but the gap isn't big enough to warrant a score of 8.5 against 4.

Holyn's stats may suit him better, but the gap isn't big enough to warrant a score of 8.5 against 4.

I think the gap is the right size. Why would you pick Lex's stats over Holyn's?