FE4 Pairing Guide

luigi bros

It does throw the credibility of the guide into question though...

I'll try this one last time.

I will not alter the formatting of the guide. I will not change Holyn!Faval's rating.

What I am willing to do is change Lex!Faval's rating if someone can give me a valid non-Elite reasoning.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone has told you to change Holyn!Faval's rating...have they? Anyways, Shin's argument works well enough.

"The main problem is that you're saying 14% hit is worth 4.5 points. Other than the slight skill lead, Holyn has very little over Lex. Lex has more strength, which doesn't really count for much since Faval's wrecking stuff anyway. HP is pretty much the same, speed is also virtually the same, they'll both cap luck."

So just make Lex!Faval slightly lower than Holyn!Faval.

I don't think anyone has told you to change Holyn!Faval's rating...have they? Anyways, Shin's argument works well enough.

"The main problem is that you're saying 14% hit is worth 4.5 points. Other than the slight skill lead, Holyn has very little over Lex. Lex has more strength, which doesn't really count for much since Faval's wrecking stuff anyway. HP is pretty much the same, speed is also virtually the same, they'll both cap luck."

So just make Lex!Faval slightly lower than Holyn!Faval.

At some point I was told that Holyn!Faval is inferior. I can change Lex's score to 1 less than Holyn's.

Will that be fair?

Just by the way, I don't see how by me standing by my argument, where that argument is against popular opinion, that that alone makes the guide unuseable.

Edited by luigi bros

At some point I was told that Holyn!Faval is inferior. I can change Lex's score to 1 less than Holyn's.

Will that be fair?

Just by the way, I don't see how by me standing by my argument, where that argument is against popular opinion, that that alone makes the guide unuseable.

Fair enough, perhaps I was being too harsh. I was more upset by the fact that you thought there was such a big rift between Lex!Faval and Holyn!Faval rather than that you thought Holyn!Faval was better anyways.

So -1 sounds good enough to me.

please name one good thing that number ratings accomplishes. please.

I've already stated it.

I don't want to remove the individual ratings' date=' because I think it helps show the strengths, depending on your priorities, plus you can just ignore them.

As for Lex!Faval, tell me what you think the rating should be and I'll fix it, so this argument can end.[/quote']

if you want to do that then you should be rating each section of each kid separately

offense: xx/10

defense: xx/10

etc

because otherwise you're smushing everything (three dimensions) into a single value (one dimension) which doesn't really help anything

Then consider it an average, weighing more important stats for the unit higher.

Like I said, I am willing to listen to arguments regarding the scores, but I will not alter the format.

Hi,

I have question on how to pair Lachesis and Fin. They co-exist in less than two chapters, which means less than 100turns. So I think the only way is to make use of jealousy.

But in the guide in homepage, for Fin, jealousy only works when game has never been restarted.

Then, how can I check whether I've ever restarted the game or not?

Thanks!

It's stupid and it sucks, but Lachesis/Fin is a 50 point base, so 450 points to get. If they're adjacent, they gain 7 love points per turn. You only need 65 turns to do that, which means no jealousy.

Hi,

I have question on how to pair Lachesis and Fin. They co-exist in less than two chapters, which means less than 100turns. So I think the only way is to make use of jealousy.

But in the guide in homepage, for Fin, jealousy only works when game has never been restarted.

Then, how can I check whether I've ever restarted the game or not?

Thanks!

I don't know how to test for it.

But like Mr. Sparkles said, it is possible. You just need to glue the two of them together, and be very careful not to waste too many turns with them apart.

I've paired them together many times, not once using the jelousy system. It just takes patience.

Outside of drafts, I can play slow enough that Fin ends up paired to Briggid accidentally. I actually have to be careful about Chapter 3, or I can ruin pairings.

I always play by waiting until turn 50, so this isn't a problem, but every time I consider playing faster, I get scared off by this.

Speaking of which, Tiltyu and Brigid have identical bases and growths with Fin, so if neither end next to Fin, they will become lovers at the same time, so who actually becomes the lover?

Edited by luigi bros

I'm having an issue with pairing: Azel, Levin are not available (having paired with others already), and I have Sylvia and Tiltyu left. Claude is also available. Then how should be my pairing? If I pair Tiltyu with Claude, will the Valkyrie be lost? With this pair, then who should be the best for Sylvia (I think that Corple will not be used, so don't need to care for him.

ThanksThanks dcdc

I'm having an issue with pairing: Azel, Levin are not available (having paired with others already), and I have Sylvia and Tiltyu left. Claude is also available. Then how should be my pairing? If I pair Tiltyu with Claude, will the Valkyrie be lost? With this pair, then who should be the best for Sylvia (I think that Corple will not be used, so don't need to care for him.

ThanksThanks dcdc

I would suggest one of these solutions:

1. Pair Claude with Tiltyu, let Sylvia go unpaired (Valkyrie staff isn't a huge loss if you play carefully, Laylea and Sharlow are not bad)

2. Pair Claude with Sylvia, let Tiltyu go unpaired (Far inferior, as having Arthur and Tinny is much more important than the Valkyrie staff)

Alternatively, you could try a gimmick pairing, like letting Claude go to Sylvia, then pair Lex with Tiltyu.

Thank you Luigi. Those two options seem not quite fruitful. How about separating Fury + Levin. There I can pair Claude+ Sylvia, Levin+ Tiltyu, then find someone else for Fury.

Now I already had Fin+Lachesis, Aira+Holyn (wanna try the Balmug on Lakche), and Azel+Aideen (for the early rescue staff)

What would you suggest?

Also, Luigi, please make a full rating for all female characters, not only one by one.

• 1 month later...

I've just seen the guide, and the one pairing I missed is Briggid-Noish. Using your valoration system:

FAVAL

They're much like Lex!Faval, losing some HP and DEF for SKL, and since you wouldn't want an archer/sniper in the front rows, it seems a nice trade.

Being slightly better than Lex (7.5/10), he'd deserve an 8/10.

PATTY

The extra SKL she gains is not enough to make up for the loses in HP and DEF she'd have as Lex!Patty, so she'd be way worse (she'd lose a lot of durability). At least Noish can pass her down swords, specially the Wind Sword (after buying it from Dew) that can let her strike from afar, even if she deals little damage to the enemies due to her poor MAG.

I'd rate her a 6.5/10 (poor stats but at least she can start with inherited weapons).

SKILLS

The skillset the children get is better than Holyn's, since both get Critical, and in this game critical doubles base damage, so if Patty would normally deal 2 damage to an enemy (not just the minimum 1 damage for having less attack than the enemy defense), she'd be dealing 2 more damage with critical than with Lunar Sword (like Critical is Lunar Sword on steroids).

Charge would be like with Midir or Jamka.

I think 8.5/10 would be fair.

DIFFICULTY TO ACQUIRE

Exactly the same that Lex: 0/10

OVERALL

Faval would statwise inferior to most parents, but his skill combination seems to be designed for him (just think of Jamka with his killer bow in the first generation if he didn't have Continue). Add the extra power of the Ichival if you didn't have enough and death is served. Patty at least can fight at the beginning (either with the Wind Sword from a distance or with a Slim Sword to steal), and sometimes delivering criticals, dealing substancial damage. It's a difficult match, but it's very rewarding.

I'd give an overall raing of 8/10

Based on my personal experience when I made this pairing, Faval was quite a hitter from the start, taking down Ishtar with a single Steel Bow shot (not like I'd be able to repeat it but still...), and he was also the one that had to endure Yurius first attack during chapter 10, resisting and striking back with decent power (I don't remember if he even landed a critical with the Ichival, wich would mean 40-42 damage since his STR was capped or close to).