Mafia of the Manly Men

Excellen Browning

I trust Elieson he's way too paranoid of a person to gamble like this he's a good monocled family man that's too honest to lie!

He did it before, in SFM.

I think that Elie just likes doing things like this, but until further evidence comes up, I usually just leave all miller claims alone at first glance.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that you aren't blindly calling him scum, its that you're saying something like you suspect him but then immediately second guessing your own opinion and giving him a pass on it. Like you want to push him, but you don't actually want to push him. So it turns into not either defending or pushing, but a weird mix of the two that doesn't make your opinion clear. And that looks pretty suspicious.

##Vote:Rapier

I wasn't pushing Shinori. I was referring to Paper this whole time. I told him Shinori's actions were weird but I took meta into consideration.

##Unvote, ##Vote Rapier

Bro I have no votes on me and half the players haven't even posted. If you thought what I did was weird you should have voted me.

My rather defensive playstyle is to blame. :/

He's been taking notes from eclipse (OH SICK BURN) please don't kill me

Also votes for reactions aside, Shinori is probably town for softclaiming something (???) like 12 hours into Day 1 for no reason. I doubt as scum that he had planned to claim something confusing shortly after the game started and likely before he talked to half his scumbuddies. Plus Shinori is angry and impulsive and just generally doesn't seem like the type of player to do that.

... Is it just me or did you change your opinions on him too fast?

I see. Seems Rapier's voting for me, which is what confused me. SORRY!

Whoops. Now that you are there and being clipsey~, I'll unvote you.

##Unvote

Let's see now...

##Vote: BBM

Hey dude, there's a lot of stuff to talk about. For example, tell us what you think about me, those who lynched me, their reasons etc. I've got 3 votes on me, it isn't something unimportant anymore.

Votals

Levity: Helios

Helios: BBM

scorri: psych

Elieson: Aere

eclipse: Rapier

Camtech: Shinori, eclipse

Rapier: Strawman, Levity, Paperblade

Voteless scum: Iris, Shinori, Elieson, Camtech, Psych, Nightmare

Reminding you that every vote not cast is a vote for No Lynch

Phase will end in about 48 hours.

EDIT1: Edited in Paperblade's vote

EDIT 2: edited in Paperblade's vote at the right place

How am I both voteless and voting scorri?

ok

I have to go really soon and I won't be around a whole lot today but i think i can think of some stuff

rapier and bbm are giving me really weird vibes; i cbf'd to go look up what in particular without my computer (i'm still on my phone >|). without more info i'm not sure what to make of it.

townish reads off of elieson for reasons stated before (it's a terrible gambit to use for scum this early etc etc)

Where is Nightmare? o: He's the reason half of you joined the game!

Votals

Levity: Helios

Helios: BBM

scorri: psych

Elieson: Aere

eclipse: Rapier

Camtech: Shinori, eclipse

Rapier: Strawman, Levity, Paperblade

Voteless scum: Iris, Shinori, Elieson, Camtech, Psych, Nightmare

Reminding you that every vote not cast is a vote for No Lynch

Phase will end in about 48 hours.

EDIT1: Edited in Paperblade's vote

EDIT 2: edited in Paperblade's vote at the right place

where is scorri's vote ?

why are psych and shinori listed twice ?

--

I agree with PPB but I want Psych, Eclipse, Aere, Nightmare, and Helios (especially Helios) to all contribute first.

I was actually going to comment on this yesterday, since it wasn't too long into the phase, but now it is, and where is everyone? imo, after Helios, worst offendor is Aere. are you guys just busy or disinterested?

--

Cam, you have both eclipse and Shinori voting for you? Say something more helpful? Thanks.

Huh, Rapier only had 3 votes on him? I thought there 5 or 6, which is why I asked someone to unvote him. I suppose that's not really necessary if there are only 3 votes.

I don't like how some of you guys, especially Rapier, are putting words into my mouth. I never said that there was nothing to talk about, nor did I say that the votes on Rapier were unimportant. I didn't even say that I couldn't form opinions until everybody was there. To me, the game hasn't really begun until everyone's here, and still, 2 people have made only 1 post, and a third hasn't posted at all. Some people say that inactives shouldn't be gone after until later in the game, ut I don't agree with this mindset at all. I find that inactives can do just as much harm in the beginning, where people are (I am, anyways) forming their first impressions and gut feelings, and if people aren't there during this crucial phase of the game, it's not good.

Now, Rapier. In addition to putting words in my mouth, he says that just because having stupid logic doesn't make one automatically scummy, scum can't have stupid logic, which is a huge fallacy. I'd vote him just for that if having stupid logic actually did make someone scummy by itself.

Also, Eclipse. You made a post, and I don't like it. To me, it feels like a subtle attempt to move the wagon off your scumbuddy Rapier and onto someone else. Let's look at it:

I'm kinda back. First. . .

*smacks Paperblade silly with a dead fish*

Ahem. . .

Not sure if I like BBM/Shinori being defensive this early. Rapier's striking me as a bit more townish than usual (his comment regarding SK), which doesn't say much. Bizz seems like her awesome self, so hi~! Psych looks like he'll be busy. I believe Elieson's claim - that's a risky move to pull, and I'm sure there's other ways of verifying whether or not he's lying.

##Unvote

##Vote: Camtech

You take too long to ISO

So first, you reply to a joke that Paperblade made at your expense. Then, you say that you don't like BBM/Shinori being defensive this early. This is the only post which can be termed as "defensive" because there was no "offensive" against me prior to any of my posts before this one. Except I don't really say anything in this post at all. I make a small point refuting that I haven't contributed at all, and the rest of it is either all what I've said before or irrelevant. But because of this post, you're lumping me together with Shinori, who's been yelling and swearing at people. It's not the same at all.

Then you talk about Rapier, and this is the second part that gets to me. You try to point out something that Rapier has done that's townie, the SK comment (except it wasn't really that townie because IIRC at least one, maybe two people had already made it before), but then say that it doesn't really mean anything. Looks like you're playing both sides here. Trying to get him off, but then if he gets lynched and flips scum, you can say "Well, I did say that him looking a bit more townish than usual doesn't mean much". I don't know, I don't like it when people present both sides of an argument but then don't really pick one.

The rest of that paragraph doesn't say anything either, and then we get to the end, and this is maybe the worst part. After making a small point against me/Shinori, and not mentioning Cam at all, you turn around and make what is essentially a randomvote against him?

My vote isn't random.

I'm calling Eclipse's vote random, not your's. Unless that's in conjunction with Iris's prod to get Cam talking about the votes on him.

@Rapier: I did not change my opinion on him. I voted him to get reactions out of people and came up with a flimsy case for it.

Anyway apparently there is dry blood in my ear so I'm going to be rushed to urgent care to see what that's all about.

Ok guys, voting confusion explained. I'm voting for Psych, not the other way around. We just got flipped in the votals. However,

##unvote

##Vote:Shinori

I actually thought that you were playing decently at the start, if a bit rough. However, now you've devolved into one liners that claim X is town without really explaining why that means X is town in your eyes. Could you explain why? Cause honestly it looks like active lurking to me while trying to be able to say "Look guys, I have reads, see my reads?"

I actually agree that BBM wasn't really being defensive until this most recent post. So I'm not actually sure where Eclipse is getting that from. And I'm a bit iffy on her read of Rapier.

I was thinking the same thing about Shinori, too. Especially in that comment and Bizz and I being more town for our Rapier votes. I would think that mafia could have found a reason to vote Rapier just as "easily" as town could have.

I found them to be town because of their votes on rapier because rapier looks scummy from the way it was worded and the way he acted. Now if rapier was scum most likely strawman and bizz would not go and attempt to draw attention to him on purpose. This means either A: Rapier is town playing poorly and my reads aren't all that great, or B: Rapier is scum and most likely straw and Levy are town voting for scummy behavior.

Any me stating my vote on Camtech isn't random is exactly as BBM stated. It's so Camtech knows that my vote is on him for a reason.

##Unvote

Whoa this is the most active I've seen Strawman or Iris in a game.

Bizz looked kinda scummy to me at first, but after a couple posts she seems like her normal town self. Maybe I was just hallucinating or something. Paper looks town so far, and I think Shinori's town too based off his emotional play.

@Bizz: True, but that's more because he didn't understand what his role really was until later. He just got confused with the whole "I'll kill someone" thing I think.

Rapier looked like he was trying to play it safe earlier by not really choosing a side, which in the end looks like it backfired because everyone is gunning for him. I'm gonna lay off him personally for now because meta says he's usually town even if he acts like this.

##Vote BBM

Gonna keep my eye on BBM because I don't really like how he's been switching his targets so quickly. He was attacking myself at first, then he somewhat defended Rapier by telling people to stop voting for him, then is saying Clipsey and Rapier are lowkey scumbuddies. Wut.

Where is Nightmare? o: He's the reason half of you joined the game!

Dayum, really? I haven't been able to internet well for a while. I'll come back later, give this thread a good read and see if I can say anything (so far I can't).

Thanks to my most recent vote (whose reasoning I disagreed with), I decided to ISO and found this tidbit - not the RNG part, but "oh in case it makes me seem suspicious" part.

"This is me contributing by listing people who are inactive".

Finally the vote post itself. "Well, I'm gonna vote you because I think you're Rapier's scumbuddy" as part of your logic? Really? You'll get more in-depth thoughts of Rapier below. Listing inactive people isn't a great tactic (especially when less than half the phase is gone), and this is what I was referring to when I said "defensive". The rest of your logic is fluffy. I don't think it's a good sign when someone leaves saying "I'm gonna ISO everyone". Perhaps it is to you?

IN THE OTHER CORNER:

Not seeing scum here.

Stop here, and go backwards a bit. If you ISO, you'll see the following chain:

"Shinori's being too defensive, and didn't Paperblade say that we shouldn't vote people for being stupid?"

"Dunno what Bizz said, but ok"

"I'm repeating what you said back to you, Paper, even if I think Shinori's being stupid"

"Not feeling scum!Shinori yet, no proof"

I thought him thinking the SK thing was a waste of time looked good, and then after compiling this, he's now one of my stronger town reads.

And then vote wagon. For a chain of logic that's consistent. . .and Bizz's vote looks terrible with context. Defensive is defensive, and can be used as a scumtell; in Rapier's case, apparently it wasn't enough to convince him that Shinori was scum (and later on he admits that he himself is defensive).

Still want Cam to post whatever he found with his ISO, and am now extremely suspicious of BBM.

Uhhhh Eclipse, are you talking about my vote for Rapier or Shinori? (Did I even vote for Shinori?)

I don't think you understand that I'm voting for small-ish reasons right now because we're only on page seven and votes are important. Plus, I didn't vote Rapier for being defensive? And I don't have a vote on Shinori because I'm not entirely convinced he's scum despite his shifty behavior.

And did you read why I voted for Rapier? He's so wishy-washy right now and I don't like it.

Oh.

Actually, Paperblade's vote on Rapier rubs me the wrong way ehhh /:

I don't know, I don't like it when people present both sides of an argument but then don't really pick one.

and that's why Rapier bothers me fksdjfsdfsd