Mafia of the Manly Men

Excellen Browning

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, Rapier only had 3 votes on him? I thought there 5 or 6, which is why I asked someone to unvote him. I suppose that's not really necessary if there are only 3 votes.

I don't like how some of you guys, especially Rapier, are putting words into my mouth. I never said that there was nothing to talk about, nor did I say that the votes on Rapier were unimportant. I didn't even say that I couldn't form opinions until everybody was there. To me, the game hasn't really begun until everyone's here, and still, 2 people have made only 1 post, and a third hasn't posted at all. Some people say that inactives shouldn't be gone after until later in the game, ut I don't agree with this mindset at all. I find that inactives can do just as much harm in the beginning, where people are (I am, anyways) forming their first impressions and gut feelings, and if people aren't there during this crucial phase of the game, it's not good.

Sorry, but when someone tells me there's not enough info to work with, I understand it as "there's nothing to talk about".

Now, Rapier. In addition to putting words in my mouth, he says that just because having stupid logic doesn't make one automatically scummy, scum can't have stupid logic, which is a huge fallacy. I'd vote him just for that if having stupid logic actually did make someone scummy by itself.

The fallacy is in your own phrase. I said "Stupid logic by itself does not a scum make", not "Scum can't make stupid mistakes". Aside from Shinori insisting that talking about the SK wasn't as bad as the others were saying it was, he didn't do anything wrong (imo).

The rest of that paragraph doesn't say anything either, and then we get to the end, and this is maybe the worst part. After making a small point against me/Shinori, and not mentioning Cam at all, you turn around and make what is essentially a randomvote against him?

It was not a randomvote. Cam mentioned he'd post his thoughts after he's on the computer, so Clipsey told him to 'hurry up'. Why are you reacting so much to a vote made to gather info? It's the most common thing during D1.

I actually agree that BBM wasn't really being defensive until this most recent post. So I'm not actually sure where Eclipse is getting that from. And I'm a bit iffy on her read of Rapier.

I was thinking the same thing about Shinori, too. Especially in that comment and Bizz and I being more town for our Rapier votes. I would think that mafia could have found a reason to vote Rapier just as "easily" as town could have.

... What. Then you're saying you're scum? If Shinori said you and Bizz look particularly Town, and you assume that he could be from the Mafia (and buddying you and Bizz), you're also pointing yourself as scum. Which I don't understand.

Also, the only "defensive" part of BBM imo is that he justified his lack of activity with lack of information before our current state. But he still reacts a lot to people, especially on his last post, when he mentioned me and clipsey. >:

I found them to be town because of their votes on rapier because rapier looks scummy from the way it was worded and the way he acted. Now if rapier was scum most likely strawman and bizz would not go and attempt to draw attention to him on purpose. This means either A: Rapier is town playing poorly and my reads aren't all that great, or B: Rapier is scum and most likely straw and Levy are town voting for scummy behavior.

Any me stating my vote on Camtech isn't random is exactly as BBM stated. It's so Camtech knows that my vote is on him for a reason.

Your confidence troubles me, Shinori. What if Bizz/Straw are Town/Mafia respectively?

and that's why Rapier bothers me fksdjfsdfsd

All I told him was that Shinori was indeed acting stupidly but we had no concrete info agaisnt him/being stupid doesn't make someone scum.

Also clipsey, what are your reads on those who also said that discussing about the SK is stupid/a lack of time? You said I look town for that, so I suppose you also think about Paper, the one who came with this before us all, as 'townish' as me. And Bizz said the same thing, I think.

I'm inclined to think that people who weren't interested in SK discussion were town. Right now, I think Paperblade is being his usual self, which is a null read. Bizz's vote on you didn't look great, but that's about it. I really wish she'd point to the specific place you said Shinori was scummy, though, because I'm not seeing it.

Wait, Bizz, Rapier bothers you, but Paperblade's vote on Rapier bothers you as well? Did I read that right?

yes

is there a problem with that

Bizz's vote on you didn't look great, but that's about it. I really wish she'd point to the specific place you said Shinori was scummy, though, because I'm not seeing it.

dkjhgsdkhfkjsdhfkjsdfjksdhkfh

you

are reading my vote wrong

stop it

and I'd like to think it's one of the first D1 votes I've ever made with actual substance and I am having the hardest time following you right now

@Helios- When did I say I found Rapier townie in any way? I told people to stop voting for him because hammer is 8 votes and for some reason I thought there were at least 5 on him. In that same post where I ask people to stop voting for him, I also

@Rapier:

It is, but you admitted to know that it's stupid. And you said you don't lynch players just because they do something stupid. Still, he kept defending his point of view even after we gave him a lot of motives to give up on that...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I interpreted from the first line of this post: "Shinori did something stupid. But stupid doesn't mean scummy. So Shinori's not scum." Just because A doesn't cause B doesn't mean they can't occur simultaneously.

@Eclipse- First off, my mistake. I totally missed the post where Cam said he was going to reread and come back. So your vote for Cam wasn't random. As for Bizz's vote, she voted him for being "wishy-washy" due to the post I quoted above. The first sentence says we shouldn't lynch him, and the second takes it back and says, "well he did still do this scummy thing..." But the post you link to where you said I was being defensive is exactly the one I quoted when I said I wasn't being defensive. If you think that's being defensive, then I can suppose why my last post must give you superscumvibes, but I don't really see how it's being defensive at all.

And my listing inactive people is trying to get people to say something, because lurkscum is a thing, and I hate forming first impressions that stick with me for most of the game when a lot of people aren't there. Helios did post, kind of, so ##Unvote: Helios. But Nightmare and Aere still haven't (I don't count Nightmare's "Hi, I'll read and post later"), and I forgot to mention this earlier but I saw Aere surfing the thread yesterday, after I'd made two posts asking him to say something more.

"People who thought SK talk was stupid look town. Except Paperblade, who is null."

I still think Shinori is town. Probably Bizz too but I have trouble reading her.

eclipse's attitude doesn't really fit her maf meta imo. There is not enough "Park votes on people and ignore everything else."

@BBM: After "hammer" there is a 3 hour grace period where people can unvote, so being scared of someone being accidentally hammered is pointless (as long as people keep track of votes which really you should be).

Also, I'm pretty sure Iris has talked more about other games in this thread than this game.

##Unvote, ##Vote Iris

Forgot about the grace period... but still, I wasn't defending him. For some reason, my sentence at the end didn't get finished. What I'd meant to say was that even though I ask people to stop voting for Rapier, I also say that he looks pretty bad.

also the Iris vote is because she wasn't contributing and was just going "WELL IN THIS PREVIOUS GAME THINGS WERE LIKE THIS" thanks Iris I think everyone knows about those games.

I don't see anything wrong with you, except that you're being too defensive, but maybe that's just how you play. I remember you did the same thing in Higurashi Mafia (but I don't remember if you were scum or not), so I think that's just your playstyle.

this

And your attitude regarding third-parties is null, if I go off of meta (too lazy to dig up ToV/CM4 logs, but I think that's where you mentioned it).

eclipse's post confuses me a bit.

alsoalso more thoughts:

Forgot to mention this but I think Elieson is definitely not mafia. There is a slim chance he is SK trying to be ballsy but... yeah.

There is no guarantee you know the entirety of your role

this rule worries me though and I'm not sure what to think of it

In other words, you'd be saying that third-party discussion is a waste of time no matter what side you're on; thus, a null read. Since you are paying attention to WTF I'm doing, I'm leaning town on you (hooray meta).

Just again I would like to say that it's entirely possible that I will die N1 because of my role. And if not N1, there's still a chance every night that I could die because of it. So if two people turn up dead, try not to spend too much discussion on that and focus on more important things.

just in case

because if I turn up dead it was probably my role

and whenever two people die, town usually spends like half of the day discussing that bullshit and I would rather prevent that

also @paperblade: judging by that rule plus my role and vague things that other players have said, it's a fair judgment to say that this isn't a standard setup and there are probably a lot of chance-based things involved with player roles.

and uh yeah

we need more discussionnnn, it feels like not a lot of people have even been here yet