Mafia of the Manly Men

Excellen Browning

*smacks computer with clipseykitty's fish*

Hmm, I'm actually getting a tentative town read from Paper at the moment. We'll see.

And I forgot to do this in my last post, but ##Vote: Rapier

what why

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@eclipse: I actually unvoted him a while back, after his first response. Right here. I'll try to keep my votes/unvotes near the end of my posts so you don't miss them next time. For those wondering why I'm voteless, rereading thread to pick up on scumtells.

/ / getting townish vibes from eclipse so far

It's in the middle of a wall of text! No wonder I missed it. SORRY! :cry:

Also, a thought:

People should claim their CPS conversations (not anything said in it necessarily, just who it was with, when it started, when the first reply was sent, and who it was with). This will help if people flip later in the game to prevent "Oh well X told me this in a CPS!!!" fakeclaims.

Since mafia already have OC, they will not want to start a CPS with themselves. From this we can likely deduce patterns. I don't think there are any obvious downsides to this (other than that mafia know who is talking to who but they don't about what or how much).

I'm currently in one I didn't start. I'm rather amused that you didn't volunteer information on yourself.

And with that. . .

##Unvote

I'm gonna be off at my dad's for a while, and I'd appreciate it if the rest of the game would show up and say something productive. kthx.

The one I'm in has a prediction, which I'm hoping doesn't come true. Personwhocontactedme, if it does, and I'm not around, mind posting it?

The amount of metagaming going on in this thread is ridiculous. That should really be self explanatory.

So here's a little of my own. Rapier is one of the scummiest townies I've encountered, and in this game, he's hardly scummy at all. He's probably growing as a player, so I think his newfound town-ness is his attempt to fit in and not get lynchkilled by his fellow townies. So, I think he's town.

I was originally going to vote Helios (didn't like his tone bt w/e i rarely do) but his last note on BBM made me rethink. BBM's latest Rapier vote was terrible, and he's switching non-RVS votes incredibly frequently. So, I'll go with my gut for now.

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

Scorri cps'd me early phase.

Also hi all, I'm back from the hellish week that had been my life.

problems solved, so I'm good now! Ask Eclipse, scorri, or Proto, it's been unique.

Leaving work now. Serious posts soon to come.

Personally I care more about time starts (host starting PM and when the recipient responded) and who was involved than what you talked about. I encourage people to try to start CPS with people who claim to be in one because there is no cost. If they are in one, you don't lose your CPS and can try again. If they aren't, we need to ask why they are lying.

All times for me posted in PDT.

My first started at 1:27AM and Cam posted at 8:14AM. When that ended, my next started at 9:50AM and Shinori posted at 10:02AM.

Also don't use this is an excuse to stop scumhunting.

So far I don't see much progress yet, but I have caught up some. Can't say I have any opinions really, it still seems like RVS and just stupid WIFOM and poking and trying to fake antagonism.

have not received any cps's from anyone, initiated one with nightmare starting 12:45 am [EDT]

if you're going to post the time, please post the timezone

@elieson: just occurred to me, but why did you wait on claiming itp!serial killer miller in the first place?

-

with a really quick skim, i think bbm looks worse, but if i'm going to put a vote on him, i'll do it tomorrow since i'm really pressed for time right now

wait hold on when does phase actually end? since "D1 ends sunday 10AM on GMT+1" is in 4 hours, but i'm pretty sure that's not 72 hours, but i suck at timezones so can someone explain this to me?

Fuck, I'm really sorry guys. :facepalm: I've been tired and doing a lot of stuff today, and I wasn't thinking properly when I made my last post. I forgot to give reasoning and then voted the wrong person.

##Unvote, ##Vote Camtech. This is the vote I meant to make. Why? Mainly about his ISOing, which was supposed to be him contributing. He ISOd only two people, and let's look at those. First, he ISOs Rapier, points out a discrepancy, but then doesn't do anything with it. It's like the body paragraph of an essay without a conclusion, but worse. Then he ISOs me, and he quotes only two posts again. The first one he says makes me look townie, and the second one he says makes me look scum. But he doesn't say which one of the two I am. Same deal as the Rapier ISO, no conclusion. It's sort of the point that I made against Eclipse earlier and Bizz made against Rapier- he's sitting on the fence. And this is all not even taking into account the quality of the points he makes.

I was originally going to vote Helios (didn't like his tone bt w/e i rarely do) but his last note on BBM made me rethink. BBM's latest Rapier vote was terrible, and he's switching non-RVS votes incredibly frequently. So, I'll go with my gut for now.

##Unvote

##Vote: BBM

I've made all of 2 votes (now 3), two days into the game. Really? In fact, out of the people not making RVS votes, I've probably made the least amount of votes.

Also, I totally forgot about the CPS system until a couple hours ago. I asked for a convo with Bizz around 10:30 PM EST. Hasn't been started yet.

I wanted to start one up with Bizz today. but we only have 4 hours till phase end. :newyears:

So I'll wait till I can do one, cause I'm really looking forward to talking to her.

@elieson: just occurred to me, but why did you wait on claiming itp!serial killer miller in the first place?

I was at first thinking "Oh, if I don't claim it, and 2+ deaths occur, I can just say "Hey guys, My miller designates me as SK if scanned, so it's not me!" but then as you posted it, it seemed like that'd be a bit late to try to claim not SK, especially if I was scanned, because that's what would show up, and it'd be pretty damn hard to argue my way out of looking like an SK when it pretty much obviously happened.

I didn't think about it until after, but I realized it quickly enough that the benefits of claiming Miller were prime, and the benefits of claiming what my Role would say were more important than I originally assumed.

Also, faaaar too much OMGUS going on here for my tastes.

Ugh do we seriously only have four hours left? Ok then, couple of options here. We can ask for an extension, or we can buckle down and try to figure some stuff out. Personally, I think that there are enough people that just haven't said a lot that we can justify asking for an extension, but on the other hand we have had 72 hours, it's not the mods fault we've wasted a lot of that. So. Thoughts?

Also, Cam. There's been enough said that you should be able to make some opinions on people besides the two people who've been making themselves the easiest people to talk about.

I'm sorry guys, on another day I might stay awake for phase end, but right now I feel like throwing up, and I just don't think I can do it. I really don't want to be lynched and I think I have the most votes on me, so tell me whether I need to claim soon.

@Psych- conversations don't stockpile, and there's no rule saying you can't talk to the same person two days in a row, or that the conversation has to be initiated when there are more than 24 hours left in the phase. If both of you are here and have convos left, you might as well use it, even if it's only for a couple hours.

Also;

Town reads from Paperbrad.

Scum reads from Not posting yet.

Why, you ask? Because I just powerread through 10ish pages of SSBUMafia, and I gotta start over on this crap to redevelop reads