Mafia of the Manly Men

Excellen Browning

The crowd started gathering around Rapier. "We all know who you really are, Jean Carne! You collaborate with the Hong Hua Hui and sent hundreds of our brothers to their death!" The man tried calling his agents to protect him, but against this mob they were afraid to do anything. Suddenly, one man jumped forward and pierced Jean in the head with his finger, then disappeared as fast as he came. A few seconds later, Jean Carne's head exploded.

Rapier has been lynched! He was:

Dear Rapier,

You are Jean Carné

You are the chief of police at the Shanghai French Concession. You let the Hong Hua Hui go about their business without police interference and receive massive bribes from them in return.

You are without a doubt scum, but since you are also the chief of police you will appear to have the following role PM when investigated by a cop:

[Dear Rapier,

You are Gitanesdeau

You are the chief of police at the Shanghai French Concession. Even though you are police, you are a supporter of the Qing Bang because you realize you can never stop crime and because the Qing Bang wants to coexist with Shanghai, not suck it dry like the Hong Hua Hui. (Yes I know you get mentioned... once... in the story, but I needed a good guy for a cop role and you were basically the only one available)

At night you may reply to your role PM with "Night X - Investigate <USER>". Your police department will carry out an investigation on your target and you will learn of your target's alignment. In short, you are the Alignment Cop.

You are allied with the town. You win when all threats to the town have been killed.]

In short, you are the Mole.

You are allied with the mafia. You win when you have achieved parity with the town

Votals:

BBM: Helios

Strawman: Iris

scorri: BBM, Aere

Aere: scorri, Strawman, eclipse, Levity

Rapier: Paperblade, Elieson, Nightmare, Shinori, Camtech

Shinori: Rapier

Voteless: Psych

It is now Night 1. Please remember to send in your night actions. Night phase will end 47 hours 45 minutes from this post on or whenever all night actions are in.

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew something was off about his cop argument. I'm glad to see this start to our game...first game I've been in that hit scum on d1.

Yessssss! Good job guys! In addition to one mafia being down, their Godfather being gone means there's less in my path. It also makes more sense now why Rapier asked for an inspection. It also probably means that there isn't an actual Alignment Cop.

D1 votals in order of votes made

[5] Rapier: Nightmare, Elieson, Paperblade, Cam, Shinori

[4] Aere: Strawman, scorri, eclipse, Bizz

[2] Scorri: Shinori, BBM

[1] Voteless (No Lynch) Psych

[1] BBM: Helios

[1] Shinori: Rapier

[1] Iris: Aere

[1] Strawman: Iris

I already said this like a thousand times that I think Elieson and Cam are obvtown. With Rapier's flip, the way miller/godfather PMs are done in this game are confirmed, which means that the only way Elieson could be scum are

A. He got very lucky

B. He is an SK with a godfather role or something, but then he'd have no reason to make a miller claim

C. He is mafia with Rapier, but that doesn't explain why he claimed an SK role (when it's entirely possible the cop gets accidentally redirected to him or something)

Cam is obvtown imo because he played pretty suicidal but with what he could perceive to be a good reason, and trying to gambit "Well maybe they won't lynch me" like that would be absurdly risky.

Additionally, Rapier's flip further confirms BBM as it confirms we both have a cop but do not have an alliance cop, meaning we have a role cop. Since BBM hasn't been CC'd and it's been like 32 hours since he claimed, I think we can assume he too is legit.

This also makes Nightmare look better, since when he voted Rapier, Rapier had no votes on him.

Not sure about eclipse trying to change the lynch at the last second (Bizz too, but Bizz tried to get Rapier lynched both ED1 and last night)

Hey guys I'm alive and terribly sorry for not existing for a little while. Internet was spotty last couple days. I'm gonna catch up and then post something decent in a little bit.

Argh I regret being stupid enough to suggest a role check on me. >:

But I don't regret playing Civ4 instead of posting in the thread, so I'm fine with that. Good luck to the rest of the players. =P

I'm a guy, thanks...

Wow guys, way to almost lynchtrain on me without me even being there. I don't believe scum voted for Rapier (who I simply could not read), and there was a failed attempt to switch the lynch to me. We can share role PMs starting d2, and not a single person has been in a pm with me.

Civ 4 is an awesome game. Haven't played in forever. I kinda liked Civ 5 better though.

Oh and to answer "WTF HELIOS WAS ONLINE AND DIDN'T POST OBVSCUM": no, I wasn't really online. I honestly haven't checked SF in at least a day, and Saturday I was out of town.

Eclipse looks kinda weird for defending Rapier so much, though I never thought of her as the type of person to openly buddy scum so early in the game.

I've got some ideas right now that I want to share with someone; can we CPS during the night or do we have to wait til day time?