Jester Mafia - Game Over

Prims

Elieson (3) - Elieson, Core, Manix

Shinori (3) - Bananas, Camtech, Proto

Camtech (1) - Shinori

Manix (1) - Blitz

Proto (1) - Psych

Not Voting - Feralize, Zenax

You have 30 minutes left in the day. With 11 alive, it takes 6 to hammer.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand Elieson's reasons for just voting for himself, but it's just as scummy as it is townie, and there's no productivity from it, as then everyone will want to vote for themselves. So he's pretty high up on my scum list.

##Vote Core

What's up with him.

I can understand Elieson's reasons for just voting for himself, but it's just as scummy as it is townie, and there's no productivity from it, as then everyone will want to vote for themselves. So he's pretty high up on my scum list.

I disagree with this, because the Mafia are informed while the Townies are not. Mafia know everyone's alignment, Town knows nothing. Town needs to start acquiring information if they want to beat the Mafia, and the most objective data that can be acquired in this game are vote patterns. Elieson is making absolutely 0 effort into giving the Town more information to analyze, by simply trying to vote for himself. If you check his posts, all he's been doing is trying to get himself lynched and all his reads are Neutral reads. He even refuses to provide opinions, considering them to be a waste of time, as if Town is magically going to win if all we do is lynch whoever wants to be lynched.

As far as I can deduce, he's scum that doesn't want to support lynching his scumbuddies because he'll be suspicious for supporting that lynch if it goes through, and he doesn't want to support lynching Townies because if it succeeds, it's a point for the Town, so the only vote he's okay with is a vote on himself, since it'd help the Mafia if he were lynched.

FoS: Elieson

No proto, no.

You want me to provide reads on players that are only able to crumb at alignment, not even role. Players I've A.) Never or rarely played with, and B.) Not shown success in reading in the past. I could lay down reads, but can you really honestly tell me that my reads are going to be so impactfully useful and paramount that you would consider lynching someone after my flip, simply because of my FoS?

Here we go.

Psych, no clue on alignment. He is just jumping along with the Elie is scum wagon. Possibly scum. Possibly finding a convincing argument for a wagon to jump off of, and thus town. I don't really know.

Blitz. Normal blitz. Absolutely refusing to take things for face value. I dunno what that means tbh. Maybe town?

Proto. Analytical and pointing out why everyone and their brother should stay away from me. Town trying to help town? Scum trying to get votes on other scum by making me look unworthy of a lynch? I don't fucking know. Too neutral to me, because I cannot decide which theory to pursue.

Shinori? Awfully passive, but it's early. Nothing noteworthy, so neutral.

Feralize/Zalex. Nothing. No reads. Neutral.

Anyone I missed, not even leaving a mark on my radar, so neutral.

In this game, we have less to think about. That's why I'm helping contribute to town in the only way I can can come up with, and that's providing town a lynch target that will benefit town.

Fine. You want a hunch out of me so bad? Blitz is the most town out of everyone (bar me), for being Blitz, and for no other reason. Crappy, yes, but that's the best I can come up with.

I'm not unvoting though, because I still feel as though I'm providing an opinion by feeling so strongly that I'm worth lynching that I'm willing to openly and actively pursue myself over anyone else, because I am only sure of one thing. My alignment.

I'd possibly support a blitz wagon right now, but absolutely nothing else, unless something incredible is revealed. And I'd.support a blitz wagon because he jumped against me pretty much first. Bad reason? Deal with it, it's all I have.

thanks for agreeing to lynch me Elie, but I think I will would like to live a little bit longer in this game

also, I do not trust you enough to lynch you (this sounds so wrong) just yet

will try to pick on someone else

##Vote:Cam

Elieson, it's not your lack of reads that makes me find you scummy. It's the stupid idea that you have that everyone should lynch you just because you want to be lynched, and that you expect this kind of reasoning behind lynches to be the optimal way of playing. Your lack of reads was to show your lack of townish contribution. You're still scummy to me.

In fact, Elieson, consider this. Let's assume you're Town. What if a Mafia member voted for himself and started asking all other players to vote for him? Clearly, if the Town listens to that guy and votes for him, it would be bad for the Town, right? Do you think it would be a good idea for Town to blindly fall for this stupid trick and vote for that guy without any other supporting reasons to think the target is Town? Because that is exactly what you are asking the Town to do, Elieson. And for you to consider this to be best step is ridiculous.

Elieson, as I said before, a scummy-looking Townie could destroy the game for us by never getting lynched or nightkilled. If you're Town, stop acting so scummy. Give us a better reason to lynch you that doesn't involve reading your own private role PM.

Camtech (1) - Blitz

Core (1) - Psych

Elieson (1) - Elieson

Psych (1) - Proto

Not Voting - Camtech, Core, Feralize, Serious Bananas, Zenax

You have about 24 hours left in the day. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to hammer.

Serious Bananas is in need of a sub.

Edited by Prims

##Unvote, Vote Proto

He's definately more townie than anyone with votes on them at the moment. I'd like to take a serious look at Elieson, but Proto has really already done that.

I find that one of the biggest problems with this kind of game is that all tells are basically null. Now, I'm pretty terrible getting reads to begin with (this is an indisputable fact) but I've come to this opinion after having no fucking idea what to do for however long this game has been going on.

It is advantageous for player X to get lynched regardless of your alliance. This differs from a regular game in the same way that you'd expect. Additionally, it has become an advantage to see who can look scummiest, except that's what everyone wants so now you lynch the towniest. And so on ad infinitum, except now it's an objective WIFOM instead of a subjective one. So therefore there is no clear defined 'townie' behavior.

It also follows that it is easier for town to win- drastically so, actually, unless I'm making a huge false assumption about the numbers this game (T'm thinking it's probably around 7/4, maybe even less so because otherwise it'd be even stupider for mafia jester). It's basically guaranteed that there are more scum than town.

If we could no lynch then obviously we should do that but since we can't, we can do the next best thing - random lynching.

Unless it's "lylo-ish" for scum (if we lynch town we win) we have an okay (>50%) shot at hitting town. That chance admittedly decreases after every cycle, but whatever. Even assuming a worst-case scenario for town (2/1) it's still a 2/3's chance at winning.

Therefore-

##D20 Proto

##Vote:Cam

:(

Proto (2) - Psych, Camtech

Camtech (1) - Blitz

Elieson (1) - Elieson

Psych (1) - Proto

Not Voting - Core, Feralize, Serious Bananas, Zenax

You have about 9 hours left in the day. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to hammer.

Serious Bananas is in need of a sub.