Prims

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Unvote

##Vote: Proto

hiiiii Proto

That sounds like he's pressuring me to talk. Which makes me not want to talk.

Anyways, let's see. The Mafia are forced to nightkill. I would imagine that as Mafia, it would be better to shoot whoever looks the most Townish, so that they can't get lynched in the following day. During the Day Phase, it gets different. For the Mafia, there's no "most Townish" or "least Townish". Everyone not with them is Town. So lynching any of those players would be worse for the Mafia. The only lynches that are beneficial are lynches towards their own scumbuddies. The main difference in playstyle this has from normal Mafia games is that players focus on the strength of their townreads to decide their vote, as opposed to scumreads in normal games. The Mafia would try to blend in and vote for whoever they pretend seems to be the most Townish in their eyes. It would, however, be problematic for the Mafia to vote for their scumbuddies, because if the lynch goes through and the victim is revealed to be scum, the voters will have quite a bit of explaining to do. Now, unlike normal Mafia games where scum try to vote for scummy-looking Townies and kill off Townish Townies, this time the Mafia will want to vote for Townish looking scum, AND kill off Townish Townies. Scummy-looking Townies have no fear of lynches or nightkills, which is bad, because we lose the game if even one of us is alive at the end.

The only way for the Mafia to win is to get lynched. And the only reason we'd want to lynch them is if they look really Townish. The question now is, what actually qualifies as Townish or Scummy behavior in a game like this??? I'd say Elieson's attempt to lynch himself is quite scummy, because at this point, he wouldn't want to try getting a scumbuddy lynched (since he'd have a lot of explaining to do then), so the most effective strategy for Mafia is to vote for themselves. His logic of Townies wanting to do the same thing is quite flawed, imo, because unlike the Mafia, the Townies are uninformed and therefore, they will want to have information to help deduce the identities of the Mafia. Self-lynching simply because your objective is to die isn't going to help Town catch the Mafia and without any information, there's a possibility of lynching the Mafia and losing the game.

##Unvote: Elieson

Blitzy, on the other hand, seems to look more Townish in my eyes. His logic seems kinda similar to mine and currently I agree with his points.

##Vote: Blitzy

Sure, ##Vote Proto

I got kinda confused at the end of that paragraph though, cause it's like scumy scum town that look towny while scum. And I'm just sitting here being mindboggled at the inception.

ummmm, why is EVERYONE jumping onto Proto for saying just one town like sentence?

anyways, I want better reads before I would like to lynch anyone (Proto hasn't exactly looked scummy like Elie, but that doesn't mean we should get him lynched immediately)

really wished Zenex would drop in and say something (I have my vote riding on him)

Wow. Proto yet again provided an objective analysis of the situation at hand, and managed to make himself look like town without actually trying to look like either side. This is typical Proto, and typical Proto is going to remain typical Neutral until something pressure-worthy actually causes him to say something unrelated to a complex description of possibilities.

Wow. Proto yet again provided an objective analysis of the situation at hand, and managed to make himself look like town without actually trying to look like either side. This is typical Proto, and typical Proto is going to remain typical Neutral until something pressure-worthy actually causes him to say something unrelated to a complex description of possibilities.

agreed, but you don't look good either

would like it if Feralize showed up

Elieson, it's not just objective analyses that I do, but my main playstyle relies on subjective analyses that utilize objective data. So yes, I really dislike trying to read people through posts that lack empirical data. I'm fine with analyzing votes and specific reads, but I don't want to comment on fluff or vague posts unless I'm pressured to. As for how such pressure can arise in a game like this...

IT IS TIME TO REVIVE AN ANCIENT MAFIA PRACTICE KNOWN AS THE "FINGER OF SUSPICION"

FoS: Elieson

Now that you won't be voting for your scumreads, these Fingers of Suspicion can become more useful than you'd expect.

Regarding my vote...

I was surprised at how many votes I got after making a single post on an objective analysis of the game (which I am pretty sure I would have done even if I were scum). A fast bandwagon would normally seem suspicious, due to the possibility of Mafia members assisting the bandwagon for an easy mislynch. However, that can't be done here, unless the Mafia members jump into the bandwagon against their own scumbuddy. On the other hand, the lack of reasoning behind the posts still indicates the possibility of there being Mafia members voting for me, fully intending to change their vote because I'm actually Town, and getting away with it easily since the whole bandwagon on me is stupid and based on a single post. After all, D1 votes can be justified by the loldayone excuse.

Despite this, I think Psych is looking pretty good right now. He voted for me when I had three votes, and I could easily self-vote and make it four. If Psych were Mafia, it would be the most logical step for him to steer the votes away from me, and try to prevent me from getting lynched. As I said in the previous paragraph, the bandwagon on me was already stupid and Psych could have easily opposed it. But he didn't, which makes him look very Townish in my eyes.

And even if you guys bring up the possibility of me being scum, well, think about this. If I were scum, would a scum!Psych really jump into a bandwagon against me like that? After three votes were placed, if Psych were to follow the bandwagon and have a Mafia lynched, he'd have quite some explaining to do. So even if you guys think I'm Mafia, I can't understand how Psych could be scum.

##Vote: Psych

And yes, I just implied that jumping into the bandwagon alone was enough to make him look Townish. It's already a bad idea to follow a bandwagon that is supported by lame reasoning, and in this game, it's an even worse idea for a Mafia member to follow such a bandwagon in this type of game. Though, now that I said that, I can no longer assume that Mafia won't try to use that to blend in, so my logic won't work anymore.

itt: it's still a competition to look towniest

edit

PRIMS I CONFIRMED WITH MY OTHER POST HERE BECAUSE I WAS ON A 29 HOUR TRAVEL PLAN THAT INVOLVED LOSING BOTH OF MY SUITCASES

Edited by CT075

Proto (4) - Shinori, Manix, Feralize, Psych (L-2!)

Elieson (2) - Elieson, Core

Shinori (2) - Bananas, Camtech

Feralize (1) - Blitz

Psych (1) - Proto

Not Voting - Zenax

You have about 10.5 hours left in the day. With 11 alive, it takes 6 to hammer.

Edited by Prims

I get the impression that LP is trying a bit too hard to seem town. A neutral analysis gives me a possible town read (mafiosos usually wouldn't waste time like that). But that elaboration, namely the "now my logic won't work because I just gave the mafia ideas" part is what makes me suspect him a bit. In a game like this, trying too hard could mean mafia.

Also, I have mandatory summer school, so I cannot be active for part of the day.

That being said, ##Unvote: Luster Purge

Edited by Feralize

Elieson (2) - Elieson, Core

Shinori (2) - Bananas, Camtech

Camtech (1) - Shinori

Feralize (1) - Blitz

Proto (1) - Psych

Psych (1) - Proto

Not Voting - Feralize, Manix, Zenax

You have about 2.5 hours left in the day. With 11 alive, it takes 6 to hammer.

Edited by Prims

##Vote: Elieson

yeah, if he flips scum, lynch Proto because Proto would be town

still against the Elie lynch

Feralize was plain unhelpful

Unvote

##Vote:Mainx

how ya doin'