Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a notice that your co-mod is stuck in bed. Please don't do anything that'll force me to do things like think, because I'm in no mood for it.

Okay, I ISOd both Core and marth, and wow, I didn't really realize before just how many of Marth's posts were one liners. None of his first 15 posts break a couple lines, and most of them are about him not having any reads to boot. And also, even in the posts where he does attempt to scumhunt, the wording suggests that they're weak reads of the sort that he could handwave them off later, if that makes any sense.

##Vote: Bluedoom/Marth

Or maybe I did have reads but didn't feel like saying anything at that time? Taking into account people are not very serious early D1 due to RVS, how am I supposed to get any reads? Really? RVS helps getting reads? Also yes I DID give some views and reads but I never voted anyone and even gave my reasons for it. If you disagree that's not my fault. What did you want me to say when we had about 7-8 posts of users talking about not claiming, huh? Join in on the fun and active-lurk?

And yes they will be weak reads when this is only D1, honestly man what's so wrong in that? Yeah sure I find Snike awfully scummy with his recent vote on me (which to me looks like an OMGUS) but the recent how can you expect me to say "That's definite scum behaviour, totally?" Especially when we've got a couple of sub-ins?

Speaking of which you don't have pretty good opinions yourself. The first one was on Aere for simply jumping to conclusions, and the second was about Prims(how original). Did I forget to mention you're tunneling on Aere because of his possible playstyle? I mean sure making hasty conclusions is annoying but that's not necessarily a scumtell.

I'm sort of feeling the Marth lynch. Sort of. He agreed with my thoughts on the scum member on the Aerewagon (lol). But, he didn't see Snike's logic in voting me, which even I realize now. Doesn't matter if Snike was wrong or anything, but Marth seems to be keen on defending me.

##Unvote for now.

That logic... ugh.Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Look, I was defending you because the grounds on which you were being voted for were dumb. If they had a good reason I'd have probably voted you. That's why I think there might be scum on your wagon. I don't see why you have problems with any of this.

Oh yeah, you agreed with my thoughts on scum being in the Aerewagon, not the other way around. Don't take too much credit :P

Was reading through the thread again, and I still do not like Marth much. I can't figure out what he's doing. He's kind of bringing a lot of attention on himself, but he doesn't seem to be explaining himself all that well. He seems rather defensive. But I also get the feeling that he's just not good at trying to defend himself. I think he's scummy, but it's also possible that he's just a bad defendant.

At this point, though, I think Marth bothers me the most. He's been bothering me consistently throughout the cycle with his whining (even if you say it's not whining, I don't know what else to call it) and is the most suspicious to me so far.

##Vote: Marth

So basically, you didn't vote anyone for most of the cycle because you wanted to see how people play and you like voting for someone with a good reason. How is whining a good reason(even though I disagree with you) especially when its not necessarily a scumtell? -.- I also don't see ho I've been sounding like I'm whining consistently throughout the cycle- earlier maybe, but I'm pretty sure now I'm not.

You smell like a trout.

I'm pretty sure why is Marth's favorite word. And this is a beginning of a theme.

This is what caused all the confusion, and because of that, he got three votes. Watch the reaction:

Apparently clueless as to how he was suspicious this time.

Again suggesting that Ether might be a vanilla, which is sort of based off of his own comment.

Oh look, our friend 'why' is back. Oooh, we missed you, 'why'. What fun we shall have together!

More to the point, he's apparently confused over why people are talking about claiming when I sort of see this discussion as being spawned by his own actions.

I could quote more, but I think the point is that I think Marth is/was feigning confusion, which I feel is scummy.

##Unvote

##Elect: Bluedoom

Yeah I use 'why' a lot. Big deal.

Uh no I didn't get three votes for saying 'I take it Ether is vanilla'. Prims and Blitz voted me seemingly randomly and before any of that happened. Kaoz voted after... I think. Maybe I should re-read, maybe he voted before that too lol.

Look Ether said he was useless town. I took that as a softclaim for vanilla because I know they exist this game. But I got confused when people started thinking he just claimed directly, and even I wasn't so sure of my guess.

And yes my question was valid- we had a series of posts where people commented on the usefulness of claims- no really how does that bring us anywhere near catching scum atm? I found that to be active lurking more than anything, srsly

Keeping my vote on Snike because I see that as an OMGUS more than anything.

So basically, you didn't vote anyone for most of the cycle because you wanted to see how people play and you like voting for someone with a good reason. How is whining a good reason(even though I disagree with you) especially when its not necessarily a scumtell? -.- I also don't see ho I've been sounding like I'm whining consistently throughout the cycle- earlier maybe, but I'm pretty sure now I'm not.

I'll probably have to take another look at your posts to make sure I'm not mistaken, but in the posts that I found "whiny" (I'll stop referring to it as such if it bothers you) it seemed as if you were complaining about stuff while not really doing anything about it. Which doesn't particularly look favorably on you. I also didn't agree with some of your reasons for why you voted for people, but again I'll have another reread at those posts.

I still don't feel all that great about you, but at least you came back and explained yourself somewhat. I'll take my vote off you for now.

##Unvote

Also, I probably won't be on for the rest of tonight due to college-related stuff I've been neglecting.

Apologies for my spotty activity. There are a couple reasons for that, but nothing worth discussing here. I expect/hope that I'll be able to step it up a bit from here on out in that regard.

Manix, people you "can't place" and people "that could lean either way" are the same, there's no difference between null and neutral reads.

On the subject of reads, I'd like people to keep their non-scum reads to themselves, unless said non-scum/town read is about to get lynched, there's no point in outing them and just tells the mafia "These guys are harder to mislynch, shoot them". I know I did it myself, but after further consideration, that was a mistake on my part.

Marth, who would you be comfortable with lynching besides Snike?

Prims, in your #360, why are you starting with saying that the Snike wagon has some merit, but then give him a pass later on? I might be missing something here.

I'm sort of feeling the Marth lynch. Sort of. He agreed with my thoughts on the scum member on the Aerewagon (lol). But, he didn't see Snike's logic in voting me, which even I realize now. Doesn't matter if Snike was wrong or anything, but Marth seems to be keen on defending me.

Don't really see the logic behind this. I think there were 4(?) people voting for you, so even when you both agree that one of those is mafia, there's no reason why your reads on who it is shouldn't be different.

Would still be comfortable with lynching Manix. While he's been fairly solid, Jedi's stuff still bugs me. From the current wagons, I'd prefer a Core lynch over a Marth lynch atm. Will switch accordingly if necessary.

There's a reason I didn't place my vote on Marth (I don't see him as scummy), but I can sort of see the reasoning for his wagon...

Wait, Kaoz, you agree with me with my noobscum feelings? I thought that was entirely subjective and was me jumping to hasty conclusions! [/sarcasm]

Wait, Kaoz, you agree with me with my noobscum feelings? I thought that was entirely subjective and was me jumping to hasty conclusions! [/sarcasm]

My recollection of the events might be incorrect here, but I believe you were past that already. This doesn't sit right with me.

[4] Marth: Manix, Snike, Shinori, BBM

[3] Core: Prims, Levity, Cam

[2] Aere: Rapier, Core

[1] Snike: Marth

[1] Manix: Kaoz

[1] Rapier: Blitz

Not Voting: Aere, Xin Li

There are 9 hours and 32 minutes left in the cycle.

Somebody summarize the Marth case for me, I'm still not seeing him as scummy. "Feigning confusion" is a huge stretch and doesn't really benifit scum in his situation either.

@Core #364: It's pretty obvious Aere was voting Snike for having weak reads, so your continued vote looks like misrep. Also setting up inevitable switch to the Marthwagon which doesn't make sense - what about Marth's content is "trying to fit in"? Voting Levity when people were townreading her basically paints him as hipster, not coasting. In what way is Cam a town read btw?

@Core #379: Both Jedi and Aere being scum means that Aere would have had to have been bussing for no reason. Supporting both sides of two arguing players without explaining which one is worse makes it easy for scum to just target whichever comes out of the argument looking worse, what decided your priorities between Jedi and Aere?

I am not a policy shot. Go fuck yourself.

lern2play and also lern2readme because you're doing a pretty shitty job of both right now according to your votepark. You haven't done anything since your "contentpost" meaning that you currently don't have opinions on relevant wagons and your discussion of Ether's content upon subbing in was contrived. You're probs scum and if you get vigged then you deserve it.

Prims, in your #360, why are you starting with saying that the Snike wagon has some merit, but then give him a pass later on? I might be missing something here.

Never gave Snike a pass, I would be willing to vote for him, just not over Core. Priorities are currently Core > Shinori > Snike > BBM, a lot of Snike's attacks on other people don't really explain the target's scum intent and make it seem like he's going at people for quirks imo. Probably doesn't matter though since I don't see anybody there other than Core getting lynched today.

Aere pls do something about your vote. If you can see the reasoning for Marth's wagon, does that mean you would lynch him over Core? Which of the players who current seem like possible lynches appear to be good targets from your PoV? Xin Li needs to commit to a vote too, if you're not voting somebody you think is scum then how do you expect to get scum lynched?

Cam, get in here an explain your read on Marth, and your priorities between him and Core.

Partially expect that Shinori is scum voting me to propagate rivalry or some shit, because his reasons are ED1 garbage this late into the day and I recall going out of my way to vote Manix in Draft early on just because it was Manix. This is a meta point though.

my vibes on marth are largely based on this post and this one and those are about the only two i really don't like

exhibit A is just a lot of stuff that flat out makes no sense

he calls bizz scummy for "trying too hard to show that she's contributing" - i don't really get how that's a reason at all

then he goes and talks about how "he thinks he knows what core is doing" which i was planning to call him out on but i ended up getting dragged into something else

Speaking of which I don't understand why Core is getting some flak(ok that's mainly Rapier and Jedi lol) nor did I understand his vote on BBM. I think Core looks townish compared to the others at this point though.

that part in particular kind of makes me think he's defending a scumbuddy

exhibit B looks like he's explaining it more but it looks more like fluff than anything else to me

Tow posts with "I'm wary of Prims" but doesn't do anything about only until Prims provokes her. Also I thought she was being passive aggressive against me but I see most of you think I'm whining(no I'm not) so meh.

this means absolutely nothing; iso'ing bizz gave me nothing like that - she was suspicious of prims and then voted him HOW IS THAT SCUMMY

Oh and the claiming discussion part where she quoted her post again which made me think it was a little too much.

????????

---

as for him vs core i'm more sold on core since he jumped onto (what looked to me like) a potential boron wagon with flimsy reasoning (a "reaction test")

that combined with his non-answer when i called him out on that ("I thought it was a good idea because RVS")

so core

what were you expecting

what did you think would be the potential results

I unvoted you prims. You been paying attention to that?

lern2play and also lern2readme because you're doing a pretty shitty job of both right now according to your votepark. You haven't done anything since your "contentpost" meaning that you currently don't have opinions on relevant wagons and your discussion of Ether's content upon subbing in was contrived. You're probs scum and if you get vigged then you deserve it.

My vote is on marth, so technically because of what you said either you aren't paying attention or you are scum and you are telling me to swap my vote to you cause you think that i think you are town?

What?

Here I'll help.

DERP.

I can't believe my RVS vote is still an issue. I ninja'd you with my explanation before you asked for it and you promptly unvoted and said it was good enough. What changed?

Idk if you were around when mafia was a new thing here, but I was. People were pretty bad, and scum often didn't know how to react to getting votes. I was thinking of this when I decided to RVS vote Xin instead of anyone else. It was a poor attempt made poorer when it was immediately undermined. But, it was something, and it involved more thought/intention than pretty much all of the RVS votes

So I guess it was more in the transition between RVS and real voting. I meant for it to be a RVS vote though, since it was my first post and wanted to contribute something. Labeling that whole ordeal as me jumping on a potential Boron wagon is just silly.

##Unvote

Seriously, I think I could lurk all of D1 in future games and accrue less suspicion than I do when I try to talk. It's very frustrating.

Manix, people you "can't place" and people "that could lean either way" are the same, there's no difference between null and neutral reads.

People I can't place =/= people could swing either way. I don't have opinions on the former, while I do have opinions on the latter. There's the difference that I'm using.

I'm basing this on interactions as well, and if I still have null reads by early/mid C2, then chances are I'll be slotting them into neutral/scum territory.

bleh, still not feeling great. I'll be back later if something important comes up

Somebody summarize the Marth case for me, I'm still not seeing him as scummy. "Feigning confusion" is a huge stretch and doesn't really benifit scum in his situation either.

I can't speak for everyone else voting for Marth, but the reason I was most suspicious of him was because I didn't like his reasonings for suspecting Levedad (granted, he did take his vote off her, but I still didn't buy his reasoning). He thought that she was being too investigate and thought how she voted for you was weird. Also, I thought that he was being rather unhelpful in a lot of his posts and not really doing much to contribute. Plus, there was one post where he said, "I naturally look scummy, so I don't care," which doesn't sit well with me.

The reason I took my vote off him though was because he did try to explain himself and his reasonings in his most recent. I still don't feel all that good about him, but I can't decide whether he's scummy or just bad at explaining himself. I'll read through his posts again to get a better feel from them.

I'm on Marth because despite being one of the top 5 posters, the extent of his scumhunting has been to call Bizz out for "trying too hard to be town."

If prims is vig and has shot I'll be dead anyway.

Take that as a soft claim if you will.

Just wanted to state this, Prims should be able to prove that I am doing what I am doing come tomorrow assuming he has some sort of active that gives him flavor in return.