Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

Reading through cycle 2 posts again, I'm not sure why Shinori is on Manix and I'm not convinced that "Marth flipping town" means that we should be on Manix simply because of this post he made.

Speaking of Manix, he voted for me then unvoted and voted for Core/Delirium (linking to the post where Core says his biggest town reads are Levedad and Cam), then voted for me again. I don't feel like he properly explained his reasoning for why he thought we were scummy. Most of his reasonings were given as a link to said user's posts, and I'd like to hear his suspicions in his own words, not just a link to a user's post. I have also yet to receive a response to my reply to him. I wasn't persistent about it earlier because he said he was "breaking down", but I do want a reply.

As for Core, he voted for me as a "reaction test" and posted who his biggest town reads are. After that, I can't remember much else he had done. I'm not liking this, and he needs to get back here.

For the time being ...

##Vote: Manix

I'd really love to hear your explanations.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ffs if you're gonna vote manix leave out the part about "this doesn't mean we should vote manix"

If that was directed at me, what are you talking about?

Reading through cycle 2 posts again, I'm not sure why Shinori is on Manix and I'm not convinced that "Marth flipping town" means that we should be on Manix simply because of this post he made

unless i'm being dumb b/c 2 am

okay, I've been reading this on and off today

but right now, I'm really not feeling like doing anything, so I'm just going to continue to be useless for a bit

hopefully I can do stuff tomorrow (I'll probably be ignoring my lectures anyway, lolol)

expect my opinions to possibly suddenly change though, because I will be doing a skim reread

also, the activity is depressing (and I'm not helping)

unless i'm being dumb b/c 2 am

I'm not sure what the point is, Cam. I had my own reasons for voting Manix, but that doesn't mean I have to understand or agree with Shinori's reasons for being on him.

Not necessarily. I think Kaoz was scummy, but if someone came up with a really bullshit reasoning for voting for him/Elieson, I'd probably accuse them of bussing or something.

I also ISOd Snike, because he wasn't looking that obvtown, especially as he'd posted very little, and the possibility that the mafia might have some sort of way to get info mid-cycle is unlikely. He's also not really as much a namekill target as someone like Prims or Bizz. So why would they decide to kill Snike? The only reason that comes to mind is that he suspected one of the mafia members, so they decided to kill him for it. Snike focused most of his attention on Aere, with a bit on Ether/Shinori and Marth. But we know Marth is/was town, so I'm going to hazard a guess that one of Shinori/Aere is scum.

Votals

[2] Core: Camtech, Aere

[2] Manix: Shinori, Xin Li

[1] Xin Li: Manix

[1] BBM: Prims

[1] Blitz: Rapier

[1] Elieson: BBM

[1] Shinori: Blitz

Not Voting: Core, Elieson, Helios

Additionally, actions are due in 9 hours.

Edited by Paperblade

I also ISOd Snike, because he wasn't looking that obvtown, especially as he'd posted very little, and the possibility that the mafia might have some sort of way to get info mid-cycle is unlikely. He's also not really as much a namekill target as someone like Prims or Bizz. So why would they decide to kill Snike? The only reason that comes to mind is that he suspected one of the mafia members, so they decided to kill him for it. Snike focused most of his attention on Aere, with a bit on Ether/Shinori and Marth. But we know Marth is/was town, so I'm going to hazard a guess that one of Shinori/Aere is scum.

If you assume this is the reason and it wasn't just a name kill then aere would be scum. Now i need to go ask mods something.

@Blitz- I actually don't like that post of his much. His point in regards to Manix doesn't mean anything, and his question towards Marth isn't really scumhunting either. His points against Prims and Aere are good, but the wording of the point against Prims implies that he doesn't find Prims scummy for playing both sides regarding Snike. Then when he gives scumreads at the bottom, he says he prefers a lynch on Core to a lynch on Marth, even though he hasn't said a single thing about Core the whole game.

That's what makes me think Kaoz is town. He could have voted Marth like everyone else, but instead he said he'd rather vote Core. I think he'd vote Marth right away if he were scum, thinking about an excuse should have been easy for him when everyone was voting for Marth.

If that's so, why did you stop here? You think that Shinori or Aere is scum, so you should be able to ISO them and find something interesting. It's better than saying they're scum without giving us any sort of conclusion.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Prims

I want an explanation of last night.

I was not role blocked. Why didn't my ability work on you? =|

He could have a passive role. Or he could be Nexus.

It would help if we knew if roleblocking has some sort of flavor in this game. >:

He could have a passive role. Or he could be Nexus.

It would help if we knew if roleblocking has some sort of flavor in this game. >:

I already asked hosts about this, I was told that if there was a hypothetical roleblocker in this game I would have been informed.

And I normally see nexus as scummy role, thus why I'm voting him.

The only issues is that since no one else can really come forward and say if i was redirected to them without outing they have an active role, and you would know if I was redirected to you, I can't be sure if he is passive or nexus or some sort of driver is in the game.

My scum reads still point at Prims and manix though, at least one of them is scum I feel.

That's what makes me think Kaoz is town. He could have voted Marth like everyone else, but instead he said he'd rather vote Core. I think he'd vote Marth right away if he were scum, thinking about an excuse should have been easy for him when everyone was voting for Marth.

But then he didn't give a reason for choosing Core over Marth. Plus, this was when either one of them could have lynched. Picking Core over Marth doesn't mean that he was doing something radically different from the rest of the town. And then when he switched back to Marth later, he didn't really give a reason for that either.

If that's so, why did you stop here? You think that Shinori or Aere is scum, so you should be able to ISO them and find something interesting. It's better than saying they're scum without giving us any sort of conclusion.

I did ISO them both as a matter of fact, but I couldn't come to any sort of conclusion based simply on their posts. :(: If I had to pick one it would be Aere, but ehhhhh.

The only issues is that since no one else can really come forward and say if i was redirected to them without outing they have an active role, and you would know if I was redirected to you, I can't be sure if he is passive or nexus or some sort of driver is in the game.

My scum reads still point at Prims and manix though, at least one of them is scum I feel.

I'm alright with Manix, I guess, because of Jedi's actions oh-so-long ago. More than I have on Prims, in any case.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Prims

I want an explanation of last night.

I was not role blocked. Why didn't my ability work on you? =|

Safeguard?

I dunno, man. I'm completely targetable so the problem isn't on my end.

Haven't been reading but will catch up and post. I think the Manix post Shinori is harping on is null though.

a quick notice to say that i will be gone for 100% of tomorrow and most likely part of the day after

and starting the day after that i'll be in JB's timezone

Andddd woke up not feeling great; but I have uni in an hour so reading will begin then, maybe

##Unvote

Leaving this here for now. Will start to make cases on people later (and if I don't, lynch me, whatever, I don't care)

Why is nobody else even thinking about Core? Has he even posted this cycle?

Everyone disappeared, and inactive has become too common for my tastes. Then again I'm too busy with other stuff because I'm nuts now.