Xenoblade Mafia - Game Over

Paperblade

Reading Snike's side of the argument towards Aere is giving me bad feelings about him ): Something about it doesn't rub me the right way

Why does it rub you the wrong way? it's not very helpful if you don't explain.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is other stuff in there, but the majority of that post was you calling people out for not having any opinions. That being said, your posts afterwards are giving me a town read on you.

I'm going to ISO Rapier, because I can't actually remember him having done anything much either; he just hasn't been as obvious about it as "I don't have any reads" which makes me more suspicious of him than Boron/Cam/Marth.

I believe I have told you all my reads in pretty much all of my posts. >:

Anyway, to summarize them:

Town:

Bizz

Snike

Manix

Neutral:

Prims

BBM (who I haven't seen contributing at all)

Core (after his weird vote was explained)

Xin Li

Scum:

Marth

Aere

Cam

heh, I guess you could and as for your question I couldn't find anything to bother people specifically with yet

Unvote

##Vote: Rapier

should we ignore Newbies who are genuinely not contributing?

Don't put words in my mouth, I never said we should ignore newbies. Being tolerant =/= ignoring.

Also, do you have any reads at all? You've been jumping from person to person at random.

Wow, I guess my votes on Jedi completely went over you? I clearly thought he was the scummiest because of how he was playing, and Manix has more or less rectified that. I'd like to get an easy scum lynch (Jedi, if he stayed and was scum), and if I'm wrong, I'd rather mislynch on a newer player.

What's the difference, Aere?

I reset my reads because Jedi didn't exactly have the firmest grasp on the game. It IS his first game. I saw him as scummy, but it was more his manner of posting than what he said. Manix represents himself much differently.

Again, what is the difference? They have the same roles. Jedi could have slipped some info about him because of his newbieness.

However, I can understand that you can't blame Manix for his manner of posting the way you blamed Jedi. You just couldn't use that old excuse anymore, that's why you're giving us the excuse that you resetted your reads on him.

Also, do you have any reads at all? You've been jumping from person to person at random.

Lol considering you randomly switched to me.

What's the difference, Aere?

Not really sure what you're asking.

Again, what is the difference? They have the same roles. Jedi could have slipped some info about him because of his newbieness.

However, I can understand that you can't blame Manix for his manner of posting the way you blamed Jedi. You just couldn't use that old excuse anymore, that's why you're giving us the excuse that you resetted your reads on him.

Think of it this way. You, for example, usually sound incredibly scummy, no matter your alignment. If you then subbed out, it would be unfair (in my eyes) to immediately damn your replacement because of HOW you said what you said.

Lol considering you randomly switched to me.

I voted you for your blindly leaning towards newbiescum!Jedi without thinking about the possibility of a newbietown!Jedi. At first I wanted to get some more reads from you, but you've been saying that you'd rather mislynch a newbie than a veteran and relying on poor excuses like "Jedi subbed so meh he isn't scum anymore, I resetted my reads", "Guys I was never Mafia and I'm still not scum" and "That wagon on me is scummy because scum want an easy mislynch". Because of that, I've got a more solid read on you.

Not really sure what you're asking.

I'm asking why would you rather lynch a newbie than a veteran. They're all players, and they're all town or scum. The town's objective is to find the Mafia (obviously), so why does it matter?

Think of it this way. You, for example, usually sound incredibly scummy, no matter your alignment. If you then subbed out, it would be unfair (in my eyes) to immediately damn your replacement because of HOW you said what you said.

Would you just forget about every scummy thing I said/did because I got subbed, then? One thing is being tolerant to the substitute and letting him give us his opinions, another is resetting your reads completely.

if that list happens to be ordered, rapier, are you intending to vote me over it

for that matter it looks really similar to manix's list

Yeah, my creativity is low. XD

It's not ordered in any way.

I voted you for your blindly leaning towards newbiescum!Jedi without thinking about the possibility of a newbietown!Jedi. At first I wanted to get some more reads from you, but you've been saying that you'd rather mislynch a newbie than a veteran and relying on poor excuses like "Jedi subbed so meh he isn't scum anymore, I resetted my reads", "Guys I was never Mafia and I'm still not scum" and "That wagon on me is scummy because scum want an easy mislynch". Because of that, I've got a more solid read on you.

I meant you randomly switched to me mid-post, right after attacking Blitz for jumping around a lot. But, hold on, you'd rather mislynch a veteran over a newbie? Explain. Otherwise, you're saying the exact same things Snike did.

I'm asking why would you rather lynch a newbie than a veteran. They're all players, and they're all town or scum. The town's objective is to find the Mafia (obviously), so why does it matter?

I'd rather mislynch Jedi over Prims, assuming both are town. Prims is much more likely to contribute and help out the town to a greater extent.

Would you just forget about every scummy thing I said/did because I got subbed, then? One thing is being tolerant to the substitute and letting him give us his opinions, another is resetting your reads completely.

No, but I'd take a look at what you actually said rather than your manner of saying it. Your tone is generally scummy, and tone means a lot.

A sub should still be partly responsible for the actions of their predecessor. If you think that a person was scummy, then they sub out, you shouldn't ignore the contributions made by that person in that timeframe. I wouldn't want to have a free pass, that's no fun.

I'd rather mislynch Jedi over Prims, assuming both are town. Prims is much more likely to contribute and help out the town to a greater extent.

Why does this part of your post indicate that you seem to know something the rest of us don't? Now I'm worried.

Why does this part of your post indicate that you seem to know something the rest of us don't? Now I'm worried.

I was just naming a newbie and an experienced player. It could have been Xin Li and Bizz, or any combination.

I meant you randomly switched to me mid-post, right after attacking Blitz for jumping around a lot. But, hold on, you'd rather mislynch a veteran over a newbie? Explain. Otherwise, you're saying the exact same things Snike did.

Wait what, I never said I wanted to mislynch a veteran over a newbie. And what's the problem with me agreeing with what Snike said?

Now take the 'assuming both are town' part and reflect about this.

No, but I'd take a look at what you actually said rather than your manner of saying it. Your tone is generally scummy, and tone means a lot.

Okay, I understand. You voted Jedi because of his manner of speaking and you were willing to use such a bad motive (which could lead to a mislynch) because you thought lynching a newbie wasn't a big deal compared to lynching a veteran.

I mean, am I correct?

Wait what, I never said I wanted to mislynch a veteran over a newbie. And what's the problem with me agreeing with what Snike said?

You asked me why I would want to mislynch a newbie over a veteran. I'd rather do that than mislynch a veteran over a newbie. I already adressed Snike's problems.

Now take the 'assuming both are town' part and reflect about this.

You'd be right, except that I already saw Jedi as scummy, and Prims as townish. I'd rather lynch who I thought was scummy.

Okay, I understand. You voted Jedi because of his manner of speaking and you were willing to use such a bad motive (which could lead to a mislynch) because you thought lynching a newbie wasn't a big deal compared to lynching a veteran.

I mean, am I correct?

I voted Jedi because I saw he was scummy, and it was early enough in C1 that the potential mislynch wouldn't even occur until everybody had gotten in and given their opinions. I can't lynch alone.

This post, #239, caught my eye and at the moment seems weird to me:

I'm not quite sure at the moment but I don't like it.

I'd like to hear exactly why you don't like it.

Xin Li it more or less felt like you were hinting that she was scum dropping because she supposedly rolled scum.

To me it sounded like you were scum grasping for a reason to vote Ether or to see if people would be interested in voting Ether, so I found it scummy and didn't like it.

Just got back from work, need to read now.

Xin Li it more or less felt like you were hinting that she was scum dropping because she supposedly rolled scum.

To me it sounded like you were scum grasping for a reason to vote Ether or to see if people would be interested in voting Ether, so I found it scummy and didn't like it.

Just got back from work, need to read now.

I wasn't trying to say that Ether was scum because he was subbing out. That was more of a "why are you dropping out of a game with no other explanation other than 'I'm not feeling it'?" I really hate it when people commit to something, then back out. I wasn't happy with Jedi subbing out, and I wasn't happy about Ether subbing out, because they said they'd play and then left with no explanation.

I mean, I get that sometimes stuff happens in life and you just can't keep a commitment. But it didn't sound like Ether was subbing out because of something like that, and hence I was a little irritated.

I believe in one of Ether's posts he said something along the lines about something in life had him in a bad mood. Just for clarification.

Ah, I must have missed that then.

Yeah forget what I said about Ether earlier, I'm dumb

keeping my vote on Marth for reasons and more people need to be active ):

I'm actually being active enough right now.

Bizz, earlier you said something felt wrong with Snike's argument against me. What did you mean?