Eternal Bond: An FE7 Hack

Agro

It'll be a 9-chapter beta release. As I wrote in the OP, it's planned to be a full-length game, if I ever get round to finishing it (hopefully!).

Edited by Agro

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

hello all, I have an update, I realise you may have thought I was dead but I was just faking it sorry

there's some video being uploaded to YT right now

also I was meant to have a patch some time ago, that didn't really work out because I have unrealistic expectations and terrible work ethic

here are some screenshots, please don't eat me

there are numerous issues with the hack right now! please point them out if you see them (but I probably already know about them)

Prologue: Brothers and Sisters

EB1_zpsef863939.png

Chapter 1: A New Journey

EB11_zps3458f884.png

Chapter 2: Capital of the Sisterlands

EB21_zpsd36d9f66.png

Chapter 3: A Lone Wolf

EB31_zps43259dd2.png

Chapter 4: The Way Home

EB41_zps90d233ef.png

Chapter 5: Keys to the Kingdom

EB51_zpsdbb521f0.png

SNEAK PREVIEW!!!! (I seem to have lost the ability to embed videos, I apologise for that)

part 1 | part 2

Edited by Agro

...Uh, the bow knight's still there. Hiding under Iris' unit info... or one of the character's speech bubbles (bottom right picture, chapter 4). What, has he been taking lessons from FE-Awakening's Kellam..?

(EDIT: Whoops, sorry Agro! You're clearly faster at responding than me!)

Well, I think it looks (and sounds) great so far, but then after at least 2 revamps, it should be gleaming a bit. Now let's see what pops up for FEE3...

Edited by Wayward Winds

after at least 2 revamps, it should be gleaming a bit.

What?! I thought I'd only done one... ._.

Uh.. oops?

Sorry, I'm still not used to seeing opening posts receive major edits - I counted that 'revamp' twice when it popped up again in post... (checks) ...#72. One then! But it still looks very appealing.

...For some reason I can't stop looking at the female pupil (?) sprite and the fact it doesn't have blue hair. And there's a visible red ribbon. Why am I fixated on the small details..?

Looks lovely to me! :)

From what I can see from the previews, the writing looks well done~

PROBLEM: Freckle Merchant Girl is too adorable!

Blame Nih! She's too good.

Looks lovely to me! :)

From what I can see from the previews, the writing looks well done~

!~thanks eCut~!

That monks palette is awesome... some of the pixels don't match. Did you re-script the whole animation?

It was rescripted by someone else. Check the FEditor Animations topic :D:

• 2 weeks later...

So, some very closed betatesting has been in progress for about a week, and responses appear to have been positive, and people are really helping me iron out some bugs and other stuff I haven't been bothered to fix. Chapter 5 has been done for a while, and Chapter 6 is underway. For those of you who followed to older version, Chapter 6 is basically a rehash of Chapter 4, which means I'm now pretty much where I was before I restarted the hack, albeit with a bigger name, and better quality. I'm feeling pretty happy this week, so I'll give you guys just a little snippet:

MUGandicons_zps6f2023ba.png

why can't henrick use bows?! i don't get it!!!!

Henrick has a new portrait, courtesy of Merc, my lovely lovely SLAVE friend and Solum has been generous enough to let me use his icons, which are... so pretty... @_@

In other news, everybody seems to be doing easter eggs these days. Well, I've got some easter eggs of my own!

This is my absolute favorite romhack ever, and I'm saying that as one of the pickiest people in the fandom. The story is fantastic, the characters are believeable, and the music/map design is stellar. Honestly, this is one of only two hacks in the fandom that I think could be an official game, though you'll have to guess what the other one could be.

This is my absolute favorite romhack ever, and I'm saying that as one of the pickiest people in the fandom. The story is fantastic, the characters are believeable, and the music/map design is stellar. Honestly, this is one of only two hacks in the fandom that I think could be an official game, though you'll have to guess what the other one could be.

Thanks I guess. o 3o

inb4 he meant all the maps I didn't make

Probably didn't lol, I have no idea what map that is.

I think I did the map that the merchant shows up on, idk if that's chapter 2.

In fact, I should just shut up before I get yelled at by Agro.

Edited by Kitty of Time

>only plays first 3 chapters

"OMG THIS COULD BE AN OFFICIAL GAME ITS THE BEST EVERYTHING IS PERFECT"

I mean...

As one of the people to get the early beta-patch, everyone who has been dying for the actual release, you will not be let down. Everything is well made, and properly executed.

Agro certainly knows what hes doing yeah. also i made most of the map for chapter 6 albeit with some agro edits.

certainly excited to see were this goes agro. especially with the story.

than again you already know this so i don't even know why I'm bothering...