[FE10] The Best Draft team

Zanarkin

This is a draft idea, in which every player will get the Absolute best ideal team for a draft. Meaning, everyone player gets the same team. This topic would function as the draft topic. However, I would first like to ask, what is people's best draft team? Impossibilities are allowed (such as having Titania and edward in a team). After all, it is the ideal team.

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 7 players.

2. Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight, and Lehran are free for all to use.

3. There will be no drafting in this draft as everyone will get the ideal team after everyone agrees on it.

4. Haar is banned from drafting.

5. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape/Arrive, and transfer items/skills between teams.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, finding hidden items, and giving Blood Tide/Night Tide/White Pool bonuses.

3. Allied and Other units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (1-6 counts as 2 chapters, and 4-E counts as 5 chapters).

Exceptions:

1. One of Edward or Nolan is free for each of 1-P, 1-1 and 1-2.

2. Volug is free for 1-5.

3. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P

4. Nephenee and Brom are free for 2-1.

5. One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free for 2-2.

6. One undrafted, 7 move unit is free for 3-1.

7. One undrafted, 6 move unit is free for 3-3.

Teams:

1. Madame Red - Edward, Jill, Nailah, Elincia, Marcia, Nephenne, Titania, Soren, Oscar

2. Quintessence - Edward, Jill, Nailah, Elincia, Marcia, Nephenne, Titania, Soren, Oscar

3. Xander - Edward, Jill, Nailah, Elincia, Marcia, Nephenne, Titania, Soren, Oscar

Since everyone gets the same team, there isn't a need to randomize things.

The draft has started and the team is set. If anyone wants to join, you are allowed to do so, but you must use the same team the first three are using.

Edited by SlayerX

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideal team is any and all units that aren't detrimental, tbh.

Well the limit of 7 units would apply and this would be the very best team. In other words, those units that perform the best.

To be honest we can have something like

Edward, Jill, Titania, Boyd, Elincia, Nephenee, Tibarn, Naesala, Caenighis...

How about that? It gives a pretty balanced team, with plenty of strength and a character in just about every level other than the lords. Oh i forgot 2-3... Actually geoff handles that pretty well by himself.

Edited by SlayerX

Tibarn and Naesala suck. I would replace them with Marcia and Soren. Marcia for 3-11 ferrying and desert 1-2 range. And soren to aid titania in the 3-2 2 turn and meteoring stuff. Ilyana could replace Soren if youre feeling lucky with her spd as she could aid in the desert while soren cannot. But yeah, her spd is too unreliable to be able to do the same things soren is able to do with just a bit of BEXP. Oh marcia also saves 2 more turns in 3-9.

Ideal Team: Edward, Jill, Titania, Boyd, Elincia, Nephenee, Marcia, Soren, filler

EDIT: eh, boyd could be replaced by something. Tits already has him beat in everything pretty much so he is redundant. Nephenee is also redundant but at least she has part 2.

Edited by Ghost Marcia Drafter

To be honest we can have something like

Edward, Jill, Titania, Boyd, Elincia, Nephenee, Tibarn, Naesala, Caenighis...

How about that? It gives a pretty balanced team, with plenty of strength and a character in just about every level other than the lords. Oh i forgot 2-3... Actually geoff handles that pretty well by himself.

I'd replace Nestling for someone like Ilyana that can help for P1, P3 and Silver Army with Jill.

Cain for Soren. Soren can deal with doors in 4-4 and shave one or two turns there.

The only problem I see is that there would be too many units per part, at least for P1 and P3.

The best unit for the filler slot would be nailah for more 1-8 help and for the 1-E 5 turn, 4-4 and stuff. Shes really underrated. I find boyd and neph redundant when theres titania in the team.

You'll need someone for 3-1 I think, you won't finish in 3 turns with just Ike, Titania, Soren and Boyd. Maybe Oscar too? I think having Oscar also shaves a turn in 3-3.

Maybe: Edward, Jill, Titania, Boyd, Elincia, Oscar, Marcia, Soren, Nailah

Ideally also replace Soren with Illyana, so we can free up a flyer for 1 turning of 4-5. No one else really needs the speedwings on NM and with Nailah and Marcia here you can get both the 1-E and 2-3 wings.

Edited by nano

You can finish 3-1 in 3 turns with just ike titania soren and boyd for sure. Dont forget there's also a freebie. Take out either oscar or boyd for nephenee for 2-2 nealuchi free unit + neph though.

Edward, Jill, Titania, Oscar, Elincia, Nephenee, Marcia, Soren, Nailah

Let's see with this team I could pull off:

1-P 5

1-1 4

1-2 5

1-3 6

1-4 4

1-5 6

1-6-1 4 maybe 3

1-6-2 2

1-7 5

1-8 4

1-9 4

1-E 5

2-P 8

2-1 5

2-2 4

2-3 5

2-E 1

23(77)

3-P 7

3-1 3

3-2 2

3-3 6 (oscar and tits)

3-4 7

3-5 1

3-6 6

3-7 12

3-8 4

3-9 3

3-10 4

3-11 4

3-12 2

3-13 2

3-E 4

66(143)

4-P 2

4-1 4

4-2 5

4-3 4? 5?

4-4 6

4-5 1

23(166)

4-E-1 2

4-E-2 1

4-E-3 1

4-E-4 1

4-E-5 2

7(173)

Making the ideal draft TC 173 (that I can think of) but the team is pretty much impossible to have lol.

Let me see...

1-P: 5

1-1: 4, Eddie+Nolan/Leo

1-2: 5

1-3: 6 with Eddie/Nolan/Ilyana

1-4: 4 with Eddie/Nolan(needs to ORKO tigers), 5 with the rest of the DB.

1-5: 6

1-6: 5, with promoted Jill; 6 with anybody else.

1-7: 5, anybody

1-8: 4. If Jill's chosen, then we need somebody else, like Nailah/Nolan/Ilyana. Why not Laura/Aran?

1-9: 4

1-E: 5 with Jill/Ilyana/Nailah.

TC: 53 with Jill+Edward+Nailah/Ilyana/other unit

2-P: 8

2-1: 5 or 4? Pass or no-Pass?

2-2: 5 or 4, this may require 1 unit + free unit, maybe Neph/Luchi

2-3: 5, Geosphere

2-E: 1, Elincia/Luchi/Marcia+Neph/Brom

TC: 24 or 22? EDIT: 23 (76)

3-P: 7

3-1: 4, Tits+any other unit like Boyd/Soren, Oscar would be redundant

3-2: 2, Tits+Wrath Soren/Ilyana

3-3: 7 or 8, Pass Tits, Celerity Ike, Soren/Boyd/Ilyana + free unit. EDIT: 6, including Foxcar

3-4: 7

3-5: 1, Tits, Oscar, Ilyana, Soren

3-6: don't know here, I think 6 if Jill+DB combo

3-7: 12

3-8: 4, Tits/Jill

3-9: 3 with Calill/Marcia, 4 with Geosphere

3-10: iirc, 5 EDIT: 4

3-11: 4 with Jill/Marcia/Sigrun/Tanith (the two last ones are redundant)

3-12: 3 2, Jill's DA' BEAST gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

3-13: 1 with Laura, 2 with Boots Pass whatever, or 3.

3-E: 4 or 5? Don't remember EDIT: 4

TC: 71 including Marcia+Boots Pass DBer+Soren/Ilyana. EDIT: 68 (144)

4-P: 2 with sage+flyer, like Jill+Ilyana/Laura/Calill

4-1: 4

4-2: 5 or 6 with Celerity Elincia

4-3: 5

4-4: 6 or 7 with Soren/Tormod

4-5: 1 with Elincia

4-E-1: 2 if there are two units that pass and kill the saint's generals.

4-E-2: 1

4-E-3: 1

4-E-4: 1

4-E-5: 2 with Nasir, let's say 3

TC: 30 or 31 (174or175)

Final TC is like: 53+23+68+30or31= 174or175; this is my estimation

The team would be something like: Edward/Nolan, Jill, Ilyana, Elincia, Marcia, Nephenee, Titania, Soren, extra unit

Basically what PKL said, but I think Ilyana would be better than Nailah due to desert. The thing is that P1 will have Edward/Nolan, Ilyana and Jill, which is good. P2 will have Elincia, Marcia and Neph, quite good. P3 will have Titania, Soren, Ilyana, then Jill, then Marcia o_O and the probably the extra unit if it is not a P1 or P4 unit.

Silver Army - Jill+Ilyana

Greil Army - Titania+Soren+Edward+Nephenee

Hawk Army - Elincia+Marcia+Oscar

EDIT: Facepalm_emote_gif.gifFacepalm_emote_gif.gifFacepalm_emote_gif.gifFacepalm_emote_gif.gifFacepalm_emote_gif.gifNINJA'DFacepalm_emote_gif.gifFacepalm_emote_gif.gifFacepalm_emote_gif.gifFacepalm_emote_gif.gifFacepalm_emote_gif.gif

EDIT2: LOL

EDIT3: Edward, Ilyana, Jill, Elincia, Marcia, Nephenee, Titania, Soren, Oscar.

I'm not really sure about 3 turning 3-1 with Ike, Tits, Soren, Oscar, Boyd/Miaunsure.gif

Edited by Quintessence

Alright people it seems like a team list is forming, so why don't we get to signing up, since it seems there is enough support for it...

So who is up for it?

another interesting way to do this would be to have everybody draft

or something

and everyone is drafting for the same team

PKL picks Titania

Slayer picks Edward

etc

another interesting way to do this would be to have everybody draft

or something

and everyone is drafting for the same team

PKL picks Titania

Slayer picks Edward

etc

It'd be much faster to just agree on a team...

That's, um, exactly against the single most basic part of a, you know, "draft" - the part where you "draft" units.

Do it if you like, but it isn't a draft.

not a logs post

;/

unless you're going to argue that this collective bargaining thing is *technically* drafting

;/

unless you're going to argue that this collective bargaining thing is *technically* drafting

No, not really going to argue since i have had a feeling this isn't really a draft but more of a competition. Either way it will be held when i get the sign ups... I;m wondering though, should i post it in your topic for you to keep record of it? Should i just let it be here or tell a mod to move it to the RD forums?

You can keep it in here unless the mods object, I'm not so solidly against it. I won't be logging it, though.

Alright then.

The rules for a draft will still apply. However, the number of people that can join is really up to how many people want to join. If i can get at the very least 3 people, we can start after they agree on the ideal team. Logs are not particularly necessary but it would be cool to have.

There were a few changes to the exceptions, Edward/Nolan are not free from 1-P to 1-2. Volug is no longer free for 1-5. This is because the only reason those rules stand is because most people will not have either edward and nolan in these chapters making them fairly difficult. However, with an ideal team, no one should have difficulties in it. Specially since the team is shared. The volug rule is up for debate, but its fairly easy to keep him out of combat, specially since its normal mode and you ca use the range checker.

Edited by SlayerX

I think Nolan should be free for 1-1 and 1-2, specially for 1-1 since, iirc, it isn't 4 turnable with just Miccy and Eddie. Not-free-Volug for 1-5 isn't a problem if Eddie and Ilyana are there for P1.

You can keep it in here unless the mods object, I'm not so solidly against it. I won't be logging it, though.

teehee You're silly. Log it anyway. Not like it'll do anything harmful. ;P

I'm surprised Slayer actually used my idea though.

Now I sit back and watch and maybe laugh or something.

teehee You're silly. Log it anyway. Not like it'll do anything harmful. ;P

I'm surprised Slayer actually used my idea though.

Now I sit back and watch and maybe laugh or something.

If people actually sign up...

PKL, Quintessence, Aere, Serious Bananas, you guys in or what?

@Quin: I'll do that for Nolan if people truly want him in those 2 chapter, but again the reason for that rule is not because it allows for a 4 turn, its because people without either Nolan or edward were going to take a penalty.

There were a few changes to the exceptions, Edward/Nolan are not free from 1-P to 1-2. Volug is no longer free for 1-5. This is because the only reason those rules stand is because most people will not have either edward and nolan in these chapters making them fairly difficult. However, with an ideal team, no one should have difficulties in it. Specially since the team is shared. The volug rule is up for debate, but its fairly easy to keep him out of combat, specially since its normal mode and you ca use the range checker.

But what's the point if you don't play under the same ruleset? These exceptions can easily affect what makes the best team the best team.