Starting Genealogy of the Holy War....help?

bookwormbabe29

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radney.

Is scratching the barrel of useablilty, and I guess so is Amid.

not saying a thing about Assholio.

Unlike Amid, Radney has redeeming factors. Not very many, but there it is.

Now let's stop this subs derail ok (that means don't respond to this saying ok, harpoon).

This basically means Lachesis cheated on Beo...

Actually she had Nanna with Fin after Beo died at the battle of Barnahowthehellisthiswritten. The convo with Beo and Lachesis at chap 5 just tells she had a thing for Fin before he left with Cuan. After that she got together with Beo and proceeded to make Delmund. Once Beo died she went to Lenster to be with Fin and had Nanna with him.

Saying that is all the more hilarious because in my language nanna actually means yummy :P:

For extra points my dad's name is Janne so I just can not take either gen 2 staffchick on horse seriously.

Edited by Kore wa Sho desu ka?

I don't know if anyone can answer this, but here goes. I'm on chapter 8, and there are two conversations I can't seem to trigger. The first is Fee's hidden conversation with her pegasus. Just WHERE am I supposed to wait? Any hints? Second, Leaf mentioning that "female dragon rider" (Altenna) no matter where I move him. Any ideas how to trigger either of these?

I made the Fee one happen accidentally a while back, but don't remember how.

The Leaf/Altenna one is automatic at the end of the chapter, though. I think Fin has to be alive for it to happen (you didn't kill fin did you)

Say it ain't so! Fin is like the best thing ever, he has like the most playtime of any Jugdral character! Playtime is indicative of quality, right?

Edited by Refa

Actually, bookwormbabe is referring to a special convo triggered during Ch8. While going south towards the final Castle, Leaf has to be positioned at the rightmost tile in the same line as Altenna (who is sitting alone in the mountain and can't be reached). If done right, Leaf will comment something like "That Dragon Knight over there is a woman! She looks so sad..."

Note that this is an easter egg and you get nothing from it, so don't go crazy if you can't find the tile.

EDIT: Found a video that has it. Position the cursor on Altenna, the count five tiles to the left. That's the one where you place Leaf.

Edited by Jave

There are several spots where you can trigger the Fee conversation. I did it on the one in the video.

Ok, I managed to get those two to trigger. Thanks!

My new problem is again with pairings. I had planned on sec gen pairings, and my characters seem to disagree with my choices by following in love with others (notably Serlice/Celice with Lana) when I had hoped for him to pair with Tinny. I thought to try the jealousy system, but it looks like the second gen isn't as detailed as the first gen. So I thought tot try cheat codes, but even when I pair them together with codes, the fortune teller still says "celive is in in love with Lana" and what not. I'm not sure what consequences there could be using these codes, and was wondering if anyone had used the codes, or knew of any other way to manipulate the pairings in second gen. Suggestions/ideas?

Don't break your brains with the 2nd Gen pairings. It's completely superfluous and adds nothing outside of Lovers' Critical (which isn't something you should be relying on anyway) and ending variants (which can't be seen proper in the English patch).

I always let 2nd Gen pairings happen naturally, ending up with Celice/Lana, Shanan/Patty, Leaf/Nanna, and Lakche with whatever brother I recruited. Don't remember the others.

If you want to take a poke at the gen 2 jealousy, I actually have a list somewhere. Subs are different from children, on said list.

Please share the list, I couldn't find it at pegasusknight when I went looking for it.

A little digging (finally) turned up the file in which I'd stuck this. You may notice a pattern. When "all" is listed, it means the remaining unlisted females are all of equal priority.

Jealousy (post-reset) [i don't think I ever had the pre-reset priorities]

Celice, Leaf: N/A

Faval: Altenna > all

Lester: Patty > Altenna > all

Corple: Rana > Patty > Altenna > all

Ares: Lynn > Rana > Patty > Altenna > all

Sety: Tinny > Lynn > Rana > Patty > Altenna > all

Skasaha: Fee > Tinny > Lynn > Rana > Patty > Altenna > all

Delmud: Lakche > Fee > Tinny > Lynn > Patty > Altenna > all

Johan, Johalva, Rodolban : Nanna > Lakche > Fee > Tinny > Lynn > Rana > Patty > Altenna > all

Tristan, Dimna, Oifaye: Mana > Radney > Nanna > Lakche > Fee > Tinny > Lynn > Rana > Altenna > all

Amid: Femina > Yuria > Mana > Radney > Nanna > Lakche > Fee > Tinny > Lynn > Rana > Patty > Altenna > all

Shanan: Janne > Femina > Yuria > Mana > Radney > Nanna > Lakche > Fee > Tinny > Lynn > Rana > Patty > Altenna > all

Arthur: Daisy > Janne > Femina > Yuria > Mana > Radney > Nanna > Lakche > Fee > Tinny > Lynn > Rana > Patty > Altenna > all

Asaello, Hawk, Sharlowe: Laylea > Linda > Daisy > Janne > Femina > Yuria > Mana > Radney > Nanna > Lakche > Fee > Tinny > Lynn > Rana > Patty > Altenna

Just about nobody in Gen 2 has anything resembling a "canon" lover.

EDIT: Off the top of my head, I think it's limited to:

Ares and <dancer>

(thanks fe5) Leaf and Nanna

and two solid one-ways:

Johan/lva -> <swordgirl>

<swordgirl> -> Shanan (does radney exhibit this or is it just lakche?)

Everybody else has multiple pairings of similar (conversation-based) priority I think.

Edited by Mr. Sparkles