Etrian Odyssey Mafia - Game Over

Grace

Shinori: That's just the feeling I'm getting? I just like... ugh. I don't know. I'm currently in a critical stage of another game (aka I'm quite possibly going to be lynched in 4 hours and would like to prevent that) and so I haven't been paying as much attention to this game as I should be. However, in four hours I'll be able to go back and reread this thread and figure out better reads. So yeah. I guess a better way of answering that question Elie would have been "Don't know, get back to me in a couple hours"

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This took longer than I thought.

Okay, first thing's first after being an idiot wrt worrying about outside feelings affecting gameplay, let's look at some choice posts here. Specifically, Cam.

because i'm not paying enough attention to care

This is the eighteenth post of the thread, folks. There were a grand total of five posts not made by Manix before his vote, which was the thirteenth post. All he has to say about it is he doesn't care? This doesn't fly with me at any point in the game. You signed up- it isn't hard to pay attention especially so early.

i care

fluffflufffluffflufffluffflufffluffflufffluff

Wow, I am just blown away by the sincerity here. You're really selling it to everyone. I think it's worth noting that this was an astonishing less than three hours after the above post, too.

that is also true

This is with regards to "Cam isn't being helpful at all", and that's... all you have to say? Color me unimpressed.
oh right on that subject i'd prefer if people didn't try to investigate me/whatever because it's probably a bad idea

Why did you claim this then and take so long to just claim a PGO type thing? I feel like you were deliberating on purpose.

i have more than one ability

Why the fuck would you out this. You had absolutely no reason to at this point.
not to mention i never need an out to be lazy i just do it anyway

... Hello? Laziness is not an excuse.

I just don't see lazy town when I read Cam's posts. The incredibly combination of outright bad claiming, his number one excuse for just about everything is not caring, and just the complete lack of effort in about any post makes me feel like he's just scum trying to cruise through as this being bad play. ##Vote Cam. Now I feel silly for thinking that this was influenced by the previously mentioned feels!

I checked this thread three times yesterday. Twice I posted, the other time I wanted to post but my laptop died (I really really need to buy a new battery for this thing). I thought it would be most efficient to put all my thoughts on the game at the time in one post to respond to just about everything that had happened so far. I didn't think that was considered list posting since it wasn't like I posted every player and my thoughts on them; just my two cents on all the situations that had occurred at the time. It seems that my misinterpretation has led to some unfair judgments though, so I'll do my best to respond.

@Eclipse: You basically did the same thing as I did since you weren't super active either, just with an extra sentence or two and a different opinion on Core. If anything your vote on me seems a little forced, but ehh it's D1 and not much to work with so I see where you're coming from and what you're trying to do.

What I don't like; however, is Elieson and Shinori jumping on me fairly opportunistically, while not really adding anything to Eclipse's judgment. For the record, I'm not saying this because they voted me, because I would respond the same way had it been anyone else even Cam. So to answer your question, Shinori, right now you two are tripping my scumdar just a tad. It's D1 and I realize it's too early to completely judge anyone, and opinions are gonna change completely in a few days, but that's how I feel for now.

Speaking of Cam though, his obnoxiousness aside it's normal to claim PGO early. I remember in CPM Haze looked fairly scummy but ended up being town (though not the PGO we thought he was but that's besides the point). That being said Cam still looks scummy to me and needs to step up his game.

Also want to hear more from Rein besides he's analysis on Cam lol.

##Vote Elieson

You've been asking others for their opinions, but I don't think you've really given your own. You've been hounding Cam all game, role fishing, ranting, and then Eclipse says two things and you jump to me? Not looking too good my man.

Also for the record this isn't an OMGUS so don't even try and play it off like it is.

I thought cam said he wasn't a PGO? Just some other stupid stuff.

And my vote was on you because you gave a list of names and said they were all town and I didn't like that you had literally zero scum reads at that point in time. It was something i used to do a lot as scum.

I agreed with Rein's initial assessment of Aere. I withheld this because in my last two outtings in Anony and Xeno(I was maf), I did a lot of agreeing and got lynched D1 and C2...I'm not going to proliferate this trend.

This might sound hypocritical, but I feel like Paperblade is just doing enough to not attract attention, and I personally find it a bit scummy.

Rein's case against Cam is okay, but I honestly don't agree. Cam always seems lazy, just this time its coupled with a very clumsy claim.

@Helios-I'm pretty sure Elie is on me, not you.

@Elie-I'm not really sure why you're voting me. Because my comment on cam's role was a waste of space, or the lack of listing my suspicions? I don't have any real suspicions yet and I'm not going to grasp at nothing to satisfy you. Anything this early is usually based off of a "feeling" and I'm not ready to vote/lynch somebody off of a feeling.

Ok helios lol. i didn't vote you. I asked you for an answer, and backed it with a finger of suspicion. Dunno why you'd think I would consider that OMGUS, but whatever.

I hounded Cam, then backed off when he claimed. I'm not jumping on the Cam is Town wagon, because it doesn't exist. Instead I went after another group of players. I'm not creating my own opinions? I pursued Cam due to a simple "i want to protect town from what looks like antitown/scum". I pushed, and look whatt came up. A PGO claim. My opinion on cam has been pretty apparent since his softclaim.

Now, I've directed myself towards two other quiet players. One, who gave a list of strictly town calls representing half the game (which I consider kinda scummy, in case you couldn't tell), and another who gave wimpy spineless sheeping and crap for opinions (which I consider much more scummy). Then I asked scorri, who pulled a Proto and spit up a general "how to play" guide. How that's obvtown, I don't fucking know.

Eclipse is Eclipse is Eclipse, and Shinori justified himself when calling for a non-night target. I asked about that already too, quite early. Rein is finally in the game, looking more town, and Paperblade has looked town to me all game, maybe because I see similarities between his playstyle and mine.

Cam...you know my feelings on Cam.

I want players like Core and Scorri to put opinions in this game, because it's scummy not to IMO. Scorri has another gane apparently, so I expect more from her tonight/tomorrow. You say I'm contributing nothing? Look at Core.

I'm not saying I'm the towniest of the lot and I guess I am approaching things the wrong way, but I'm forming opinions of players here, regardless of whether you say I an or not. I guess my presentation is just lacking :/

Just saw the Core post.

At that point, I had seen you and Helios as two players who see more towny in players, no scumminess or neutrality really. If you have a bad feeling about a player because maybe they said something that you just can't swallow, why don't you pursue it? Lots has happened already, and by now you should at least have a few feelings to contemplate.

Because my feeling aren't strong enough to pursue. Maybe you missed my assessments so here they are:

I was slightly uneasy with Aere but whatever reason, but Aere's response seemed to have a bite to it and that seems like how town aere generally operates, so I backed off.

I want Paperblade to do more, because I feel like he's just going through the motions.

Don't worry, I plan to give more when I have time to reread and iso and shit.

Also, I don't believe I've mentioned anybody as seeming townish, you're referring to Helios there, I guess.

I'm seeing Cam as a bored and self-assured townie, tbh. I feel he's made his case, and is letting us take whatever from him.

Horrible attitude, btw. Even if it helps you prove your alignment, it does very little to help us as a whole.

Rein, you are avoiding my question (and on top of that didn't do anything other than the analysis which was kind of unnecessarily long because you could've just said "trying too hard to make us think he doesn't care and claim felt forced" or something). I want to know why you are talking about it but not voting him over it. You effectively aren't contributing, and I'm finding this really scummy.

Core, it's like 36 hours into D1, no one's feelings are that strong unless they have a guilty on someone (in which case you should probably out it).

I feel like Helios's posts are just trying to make people who suspect him look bad. Soooo

##Unvote ##Vote Helios

(also can we get votals)

##Vote: Helios

I've read the last page (40ppp) with Helios as scummiest since most of his posts are full of air, and;

@Helios:

Iris and Shinori are most likely intown fighting right now and are making a big deal out of nothing.

What I don't like; however, is Elieson and Shinori jumping on me fairly opportunistically, while not really adding anything to Eclipse's judgment. For the record, I'm not saying this because they voted me, because I would respond the same way had it been anyone else even Cam. So to answer your question, Shinori, right now you two are tripping my scumdar just a tad. It's D1 and I realize it's too early to completely judge anyone, and opinions are gonna change completely in a few days, but that's how I feel for now.

The post before, you said Shinori might be town, and then the one after, you said he's scummy?? Can you explain, please?

BTW, I think (? votals plz) this is the fourth vote on Helios so L-2, so yeah, don't hammer him yet.

Also, I think Shinori's doing that thing that I did once, where you tunnel someone and they may or may not be scum, as I learned the hard way. :/ And honestly, I actually forgot a few people were playing (prolly since they haven't posted in the half I read, but yeah).

Also want to hear more from Rein besides he's analysis on Cam lol.

Rein who is scum besides cam?
Well Cam is my strongest read atm, which isn't hard to guess. Aere looks a little weird to me as well, but I dunno if that's just not really knowing his style too well or I'm looking into things too much or if I'm actually right. I can see why people are suspicious of Helios. I'm kind of inclined to agree, and wouldn't be opposed to a lynch because he has said a couple of bizarre things, a bunch of fluff, and contradicted himself a bit.

##Vote:Shinori

Ok yeah. Your posts seem off to me, like you're trying to fit in and seem like you're doing stuff without committing to anything. Also, I don't like the bit where you told people to not interact with you at night, especially since we have a granny claim.

For everyone's convenience, here's some votals because Manix isn't here yet.

Iris (0): Paperblade, Shinori, Aere

Shinori (1): Helios, Rapier, scorri

Aere (1): Elieson, CT075

Rapier (0): Aere

Delirium (1): Strider, Elieson

Strider (0): Iris, Paperblade

CT075 (1): scorri, Iris, Elieson, Strider

Elieson (2): Paperblade, Rapier, Helios

Helios (4): eclipse, Shinori, Paperblade, Iris

Not voting: Delirium, Aere.

I think these are right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

*Stuff*

I just don't see lazy town when I read Cam's posts. The incredibly combination of outright bad claiming, his number one excuse for just about everything is not caring, and just the complete lack of effort in about any post makes me feel like he's just scum trying to cruise through as this being bad play. ##Vote Cam. Now I feel silly for thinking that this was influenced by the previously mentioned feels!

So, Cam is scum and has been playing badly to fly over the radar.. Wait, that makes no sense!

Ok helios lol. i didn't vote you. I asked you for an answer, and backed it with a finger of suspicion. Dunno why you'd think I would consider that OMGUS, but whatever.

I hounded Cam, then backed off when he claimed. I'm not jumping on the Cam is Town wagon, because it doesn't exist. Instead I went after another group of players. I'm not creating my own opinions? I pursued Cam due to a simple "i want to protect town from what looks like antitown/scum". I pushed, and look whatt came up. A PGO claim. My opinion on cam has been pretty apparent since his softclaim.

He only roleclaimed because you pressed him to do so. Don't try to omit that.

Now, I've directed myself towards two other quiet players. One, who gave a list of strictly town calls representing half the game (which I consider kinda scummy, in case you couldn't tell), and another who gave wimpy spineless sheeping and crap for opinions (which I consider much more scummy). Then I asked scorri, who pulled a Proto and spit up a general "how to play" guide. How that's obvtown, I don't fucking know.

Who?

From what I know, Core hasn't voted anyone yet too. Even if he's got low opinions, I think he still should do something and vote.

Also, I'm unconfortable about Rein's posts, they seem like he's scumhunting when I get the feeling he's not. It is as if he wants to poke at everyone and get a reason to vote. I remember he voted someone because "he missed a vote and was too lazy to ctrl+f", and his vote on Cam is questionable enough.

At that point, I had seen you and Helios as two players who see more towny in players, no scumminess or neutrality really. If you have a bad feeling about a player because maybe they said something that you just can't swallow, why don't you pursue it? Lots has happened already, and by now you should at least have a few feelings to contemplate.

##Unvote

I apologize man I misread that completely. The "finger of suspicion" looked like a way to vote and that's all I saw and assumed it was a vote. Big misunderstanding here and I apologize for it. This changes things though. Also thought you might consider it an OMGUS since I thought you were voting me and I was voting you back.

It's because I naturally see the good in people. It's just my playstyle to give people the benefit of the doubt early in the game since we all make mistakes (I just made a big one earlier). I see a lot of mislynches happen because people jump on one little thing that in reality isn't even a great reason to lynch someone (I think of Rapier and Marth getting mislynched earlier when I say this) and I try to avoid that.

I feel like Helios's posts are just trying to make people who suspect him look bad. Soooo

##Unvote ##Vote Helios

(also can we get votals)

You're misinterpreting me here. I didn't mind Eclipse's vote it was just a reaction test but the way Shinori (and I thought Elieson) jumped on it by echoing Eclipse didn't look good to me. I would have responded the same exact way had it been anyone else.

##Vote: Helios

I've read the last page (40ppp) with Helios as scummiest since most of his posts are full of air, and;

@Helios:

The post before, you said Shinori might be town, and then the one after, you said he's scummy?? Can you explain, please?

BTW, I think (? votals plz) this is the fourth vote on Helios so L-2, so yeah, don't hammer him yet.

Also, I think Shinori's doing that thing that I did once, where you tunnel someone and they may or may not be scum, as I learned the hard way. :/ And honestly, I actually forgot a few people were playing (prolly since they haven't posted in the half I read, but yeah).

Again we're misinterpreting things. At first it looked like an intown fight between you and Shinori since what you two were arguing about was stupid, but when I saw Shinori jump votes without much reasoning behind it (that was really considered a listpost? I guess I'll keep that in mind from now on...) I thought that looked a tad scummy. It's the beginning of the game and it's natural to change opinions on players as time progresses.

Cam's behavior in this game is still not making me feel good about him, but at the same time he still reminds me of Haze from CPM who was apathetic town after claiming.

Would like to hear more from Aere when he gets the chance.

Gonna go get some food and when I return I'll reread things and think of the best person to vote for.

I remember he voted someone because "he missed a vote and was too lazy to ctrl+f", and his vote on Cam is questionable enough.

I did not at any point vote Aere. Don't pull things out of nowhere.

I was sleeping, okay

Votals:

Iris (0): Paperblade, Shinori, Aere

Shinori (1): Helios, Rapier, scorri

Aere (1): Elieson, CT075

Rapier (0): Aere

Delirium (1): Strider, Elieson

Strider (0): Iris

CT075 (1): scorri, Iris, Elieson, Strider

Elieson (1): Paperblade, Rapier, Helios

Strider (0): Paperblade

Helios (4)(L-3): eclipse, Shinori, Paperblade, Iris

Not voting: Delirium, Aere, Helios

Voting History:

Paperblade: Iris > Elieson > Strider > Helios

Helios: Shinori > Unvote > Elieson > Unvote

Elieson: Aere > CT075 > Core

Aere: Rapier > Iris > Unvote

CT075: Aere

Strider: Delirium > Unvote > CT075

Iris: Strider > CT075 > Unvote > Helios

Shinori: Iris > Helios

Rapier: Shinori > Elieson

scorri: CT075 > Unvote > Shinori

Delirium:

eclipse: Helios

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch outright. Phase ends in 48 hours and 45 minutes from now.

also because someone complained about numbers, I had to adjust rule 10 (about votes required to hammer)

Edited by Manix