dont post here

Percivalé

Levity's Pet Peeves #143: Overuse of the word 'fluff' in games/calling certain posts fluff only because one cannot understand them. See anonymafia.

I get the impression that people jump to the specific word 'fluff' mostly when confronting opinions they don't like or personally find illogical, or mainly because they see a sea of words they don't feel up to reading.

'Fluff' is a thing that exists, and it happens. I don't think it happens nearly as often as I hear the cursed word in games here. At least think of another word, perhaps? I don't know, but deeming players who are trying to bring up points you don't understand as "posting fluff" is really irritating.

Number one rule in anything is that if you do not understand something, ask questions. If I get people calling my posts fluff without actually addressing them only because they're small and disjointed (like in anonmaf), not only is that slightly suspicious (TWO of the three players who did it were scum) but I'm just going to take 'fluff' and replace it with the first word I associate with 'fluff,' which is kittens. So if my posts are kittens, they must be high-quality and making everything better.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no it's just i put a bit of time into that earlier post but leave it to psych to derail fucking everything like a big douche

I've killed Karel writing fanfiction before it's really fun

But I could never actually go through a playthrough without Karel