Concerning the one world theory

I've viewed various topics and threads about the idea of all the Fire Emblems in one world and I personally like this idea the best and, after seeing references in Awakening, believe this to be likely.

After looking at Othin's timeline, I was inspired to a bit of my own research and come up with my own hypothesis on a one world-one timeline. Now I haven't done too much into this, and I welcome any feedback or opinions, just please be kind about it. I haven't played through all the Fire Emblems so it's very likely I may have missed something, but I do enjoy the storyline the most of the games.

Anyways, here's what I have:

(Note: I'm basing my timeline on the Archanean one)

-5055: The Great Flood

-4255: Mad King's War

Around -4000: Dragon Tribe Golden Age

-3050: Great Purge (Jugdral Saga)

-2742: Jugdral Saga (Actual start of the game)

-1000: The Scouring

Around -20: Elibe Saga

600: Archanean/Valencia(Or whatever spelling is accepted) Saga

1600: Holy King

2600: Awakening

And I want to think Magvel takes place somewhere at the end.

First, I wanted to base the timeline off Archanea because 4 (6) games have now taken place in a world that contain the continents of Archanea/Valencia.

Second, most of my information comes from viewing what users like you may have posted here in these forums, my own experience playing, and the timelines on the site itself.

Third, and after viewing Othin's, it didn't make sense to me for the Scouring to occur before the Jugdral Saga and before the "Miracle of Darn", and the Great Purge fit well as an event that both Lehran and Ashunera could sense coming. (Also, the fact that the events of Tellius ended around ~649 and the Great Purge taking place in 449 just seemed perfect)

I can't remember if I had anything else to back up my ideas, so bring on the criticism (constructive hopefully, not destructive)!

My main confusion is how Jugdral is ending up so much earlier than Archanea. I don't remember all the details, but the two are connected enough that we should be able to track their relative timings. Could you explain more?

Regarding Magvel, we know it takes place some time before Iris, and seemingly quite some time before Iris. But that fits with what you said, so if that's what you meant, never mind.

That's what I was mainly worried about was my time gap between Jugdral and Archanea :(

The way I felt about it, I couldn't see these powerful dragons being able to help out humans in the event such as the "Miracle of Darn" after an event such as the Scouring not only limiting their powers, but also it was a time where humans despised dragons.

I don't know, does that make any sense? I'm not sure how to clarify further.

How was Magvel proven to take place before Iris by the way?

Edited by Forlorn_Wizard

Magvel must be the very first in the line, how else can you explain it? The goddess of dawn created the beorc and laguz, but before that they were zunanma without actual names. And even then they were at war already. Before they were beorc and laguz, the war the we talk about is grado invading renais etc. In the end the demon king is sealed again and peace returns, but in the end war grips the continent once more, and the imminent disaster Lyon tried to prevent was the great flood. (Grado sinking into the sea).

All remains of Magvel vanished because of the flood, explaining why there is hardly any connection.

Yes, my best connection to magvel is Grado's sinking into the sea = great flood.

Also, Flip magvels map upside down and compare with tellius. The great flood caused mountains to rise and entire deserts to shift as well.

In the DLC chapters, all heroes from previous games are referenced as heroes from ancient times, and Krom himself had heard about Eirika and recognizes her talisman in Red vs Blue 2.

Magvel must be the very first in the line, how else can you explain it? The goddess of dawn created the beorc and laguz, but before that they were zunanma without actual names. And even then they were at war already. Before they were beorc and laguz, the war the we talk about is grado invading renais etc. In the end the demon king is sealed again and peace returns, but in the end war grips the continent once more, and the imminent disaster Lyon tried to prevent was the great flood. (Grado sinking into the sea).

All remains of Magvel vanished because of the flood, explaining why there is hardly any connection.

Yes, my best connection to magvel is Grado's sinking into the sea = great flood.

Also, Flip magvels map upside down and compare with tellius. The great flood caused mountains to rise and entire deserts to shift as well.

Thant's an interesting theory as well! I never considered that--and since Magvel really has no connection other than that hypothesis in reference to a time frame, it could very well fit there. However, how would that effect the theory that the sacred stones are the spheres of the Shield of Seals/Pedastal of Flames?

Thant's an interesting theory as well! I never considered that--and since Magvel really has no connection other than that hypothesis in reference to a time frame, it could very well fit there. However, how would that effect the theory that the sacred stones are the spheres of the Shield of Seals/Pedastal of Flames?

They can't be the same, since Magvel takes place before Iris. And in Iris (corrrect me if i am wrong) the stones are still all intact. This contradicts Magvels story anyway.

I thought DLC chapters weren't being considered canon as opposed to Spotpass sidequests since the former costs money whereas the latter is free...?

Well, spotpass guest characters (not the ones from spotpass chapters) seem to be Talismans too... The issue here is "what is canon?". I think it's pointless to try to go after the one single truth in a game like this, especially considering the generation and support systems. The only way I can see something like that becoming set in stone is if this game got a direct sequel.

Edited by NeonZ

That's what I was mainly worried about was my time gap between Jugdral and Archanea :(

The way I felt about it, I couldn't see these powerful dragons being able to help out humans in the event such as the "Miracle of Darn" after an event such as the Scouring not only limiting their powers, but also it was a time where humans despised dragons.

I don't know, does that make any sense? I'm not sure how to clarify further.

The humans on Jugdral weren't involved in the Scouring, so there's no reason why they would've hated dragons. Furthermore, let's recognize that the dragons, rather than coming in as dragons and devouring stuff, showed up in human form and granted powers to the humans. This sort of aid is more in tune with the post-Scouring dragons, from what I can see; from what I recall, the dragons never took human form before the Scouring.

We also need to recognize that the main factor linking Archanea and Jugdral is when Bishop Galle travels from Jugdral to Archanea and back to found the Lopt Sect. Any evidence from that linking it to specific times in Archanea's history would answer this question, but I don't remember where to find details.

As for the DLC, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be canon, especially since Valhart's ending references it. At least, we can take it as an accurate reflection on the FE13 characters involved.

They can't be the same, since Magvel takes place before Iris. And in Iris (corrrect me if i am wrong) the stones are still all intact. This contradicts Magvels story anyway.

Magvel is a different continent, so the sacred stones may not actually be the spheres. The darksphere isn't housing a dark god either...

The Magvel before Iris is supported by the fact that Magvel spirit talismans and legendary weapons show up in Iris. Iris is the very end of the timeline.

The best indication I've seen for Magvel after Iris is the Eirika/Saleh supports talking about a female wielder of Falchion (which could only be Lucina of the people we've met), but that could very easily just be someone we've never seen.

Yeah, I don't think that means anything, especially when FE13 indicates otherwise.

It's rather unlikely that Lucina is the female from Magvel who wielded the dragon blade unless she changed her name to "Nada Kuya".

We also don't really know what the heck the Sacred Stones are, and I'm not sure if they're even spherical like Archanea's spheres or rock-shaped like Elibe and Magvel's dragonstones.

Anyway, I don't have any comments about the proposed timeline at the moment, but I'm starting to wonder if the "one world" (or "all the continents are in the same world") theory is fundamentally flawed, especially when we know other worlds exist within the Fire Emblem universe (and Awakening, especially, drives home this point).

Previously people figured Tellius had to be in the same world as Iris, given the Tellius references, but we later discovered the Hero of the Blue Flames travelled to Iris from another world. Who's to say Elibe or Magvel, which have even looser ties to Awakening, are in the same world as Iris either?

But anyway the issue is, if some continents aren't on the same world, that'll make fitting an overarching timeline a more complicated task than it already was.

Edited by VincentASM

It's rather unlikely that Lucina is the female from Magvel who wielded the dragon blade unless she changed her name to "Nada Kuya".

We also don't really know what the heck the Sacred Stones are, and I'm not sure if they're even spherical like Archanea's spheres or rock-shaped like Elibe and Magvel's dragonstones.

Anyway, I don't have any comments about the proposed timeline at the moment, but I'm starting to wonder if the "one world" (or "all the continents are in the same world") theory is fundamentally flawed, especially when we know other worlds exist within the Fire Emblem universe (and Awakening, especially, drives home this point).

Previously people figured Tellius had to be in the same world as Iris, given the Tellius references, but we later discovered the Hero of the Blue Flames travelled to Iris from another world. Who's to say Elibe or Magvel, which have even looser ties to Awakening, are in the same world as Iris either?

But anyway the issue is, if some continents aren't on the same world, that'll make fitting an overarching timeline a more complicated task than it already was.

I don't know, I still think Tellius may possibly be on the same world as Iris/Archanea. in MU and Velvets B support, Velvet says the Cat and Bird Laguz exist on a far away continent as opposed to different world.

Edited by arvilino

I don't know, I still think Tellius may possibly be on the same world as Iris/Archanea. in MU and Velvets B support, Velvet says the Cat and Bird Laguz exist on a far away continent as opposed to different world.

But do we know if she specifically stated "a far away continent" or if the translator was merely rephrasing something else that would sound awkward in English? I can think of several extraordinarily similar things that could be easily changed to this particular series of words that would regardless have vastly different implications for the proposed theory. Also note that the support conversation was taken from another site, so it would be difficult to ask the translator for clarification.

I would look into it myself, but my knowledge of kanji is mediocre at best, and I do not wish to convey incorrect information.

Edited by LordEphidel

My Unit and Velvet's support does indeed say there are cat and bird Taguel on a faraway continent. But how "faraway" we don't know and, given that Velvet is unclear about these other Taguel, there's a slight chance this continent could even be in another world. Now I don't really believe this, but...

We also don't know how diversely populated the Laguz and/or Taguel are, so it's possible they appear in multiple continents and possibly even worlds, just like how the Manakete appear in both Archanea and Elibe, despite the two being speculated to be in two separate worlds.

I realise I'm talking about possibilities a lot here, but until IS says "Tellius is here on the world map of Awakening", I want to be completely sure of things.

Something that puzzles me a little; according to Velvet and Richt's supports, the Taguel used to exist all across the world, but suddenly vanished. This is also the same support where Velvet mentions lion and wolf Taguel. Now, this setting sounds suspiciously like Tellius's, but I have to wonder what caused the mass extinction of Taguel. Now that I think about it, maybe they started dying out at the same time as the dragon tribe...?

Then there's the issue of the first Holy King of Iris apparently promoting peace between human and Taguel. So we begin with no Taguel in Marth's time, Taguel in the first Holy King's time and then one Taguel in Krom's time, which just sounds bizarre to me. Although, I guess during Marth's time, the Taguel may not have crossed into Iris or something... who knows?

Awakening didn't drive home the point of multiple worlds, it drove home the point of multiple timelines.

Awakening did many things. Establishing definite connections between all FE games was one of them.

My Unit and Velvet's support does indeed say there are cat and bird Taguel on a faraway continent. But how "faraway" we don't know and, given that Velvet is unclear about these other Taguel, there's a slight chance this continent could even be in another world. Now I don't really believe this, but...

Didn't she also say that it was a legend or something? Aka, it might not actually be true?