Any Pokemon that you've released that made you sad and somewhat touched your heart?

PuffPuff

Like for about at least a little of the game or higher.

Well for me..I've released a Meowth that was with me for a very long time. In fact, it was with me most of the game and well trained. Gave it a few vitamins and taught it Thief. Made me lots of money with Payday. And Meowth was a girl. After I've caught Mewtwo, I've than decided to release it. Thought it was for the best. After releasing a Pokemon you've bonded well with..it may tough your heart with sadness .___.

Also, the very first Pokemon that I've ever released that I've bonded well with. Did you know that sometimes when you release a Pokemon, it may comeback to you. Because it loves you too much to be back out on the wild. =[

It reminds me of this Melonie episode in Pokemon that Ash's Bulbasaur got abandoned by a different trainer leaving it under Melonie's care cuz it didn't have a home to go to.

bulbpedia

A Pokémon might also refuse to be released if it has a very high friendship level or if it is the only Pokémon in the player's party.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Released_Pok%C3%A9mon

There may be reasons as to why trainers on rare occasions release their Pokemon.

Throughout the Pokémon anime, a Trainer releases a Pokémon for several reasons. The Trainer may see it as weak, as Damian did with Charmander and Paul with Chimchar. The Pokémon may have to do something that requires it to leave (such as Ash and his Butterfree). Another common reason is that the Pokémon does not listen, frustrating the Trainer, much like when Dawn caught Pachirisu. To guarantee release, some Trainers destroy the Poké Ball, as seen with Jessie and her Dustox.

In this page, it shows what happens if you release a Pokemon with a very high friendship level.

Topic

ok the other day i was releasing pokemon cleaning out the boxes, and i tried to release my tentacruel and instead of saying byebye tentacuel or w/e it said "tentacruel came back!, was it worried about you?" what does this mean?

Edit: it does this every time i try and release my tentacruel, but its just for the tentacruel

Then the "worried about you" part must mean that you've bonded with it somewhat a little bit.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/39431/t1408179-released-pokemon-came-back/

Anyway. After releasing Meowth, I thought of flashbacks to all the times I've spent with it and actually cried inside. Near tears too. x.x

Anyone felt this way after releasing a Pokemon?

Some other folks who released theirs.

Well..Ash released three of his.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ash_Ketchum

-Butterfree

-Pidgeot

-Lapras

Let's see...

James released...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James

-Gyarados

-Weezing

-Victerbel

Jessie

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jessie

-Shellder

-Arbok

-Magikarp

-Dustox

Paul

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Paul

-Starlyx3

-Stantler

-Chimchar

Me

-Meowth

Anyways.

Released Pokemon are Pokemon that have been with a trainer, but is sent back out into the wild.

Wild Pokemon-Pokemon that never have been owned by trainers.

On Hand-Pokemon that are currently with you.

In Training-Pokemon that are being taken care of by someone else before you pick it back up again later.

Traded-Pokemon that you have given to someone else.

Borrowed-Someones elses Pokemon that you use in one of the contests in the battle arena before you give it back to it's owner after the contest is over.

Anyone ever released any Pokemon that touched their hearts, etc.

Anyways, Meowth makes my very first Pokemon ever that I've released that has touched my heart period. x.x

EDIT(5:45AM): Okay, I've just cried. ;_;

Edited by 曼

I released the Geodude you needed to capture for that Safari Zone Tutorial. Not very emotional...

I've never seen the point for releasing pokemon when you can just store them in PC boxes, sure, roleplaying and Nuzlocke stuff, but when you are actually playing the game through? Nah. Just don't do it all that often.

Didn't ash release Charizard?

No.

It's training at the dragon valley and can call upon it at any time.

I've released a bunch of scrubs that I don't care about.

And then there's that one time where I tried to release a magnemite that hacked to have fly in SoulSilver because I was stuck somewhere.

on the topic of "was worried about you" etc, that happens if they know an HM and they're the only poke you have that knows it

and don't get this topic still, if you care so much about them, why are you releasing them and not using them

if it's a nuzlocke the dead box exists

Edited by Kitty of Time

I don't ever release Pokémon unless I've been trying to hunt for natures and have to get rid off the duplicates. And when I play Nuzlockes, I always make a RIP box. Why would you even release a Pokémon that you really care about?

Because Ayanami thought it was for the best.

There are people that are 13+ that believe video game characters have actual emotions?

Anyways, I release mons all the time, when they cluttered my boxes.

Doesn't really matter, since I just released the first 'mon I've ever gotten and I don't give a rats ass.

When I was like, 6 and new to Pokemon, I once relwased my Croconaw from Gold.

I know.

But now I actually know that was stupid so yeah. :/

If I am breeding I end up with way too many hatched eggs, so I release mons for space. I wouldn't release anything otherwise. I have never felt emotional for my Pokemon... you put the time into raising them, but considering Pokemon features only the most baseline emotional content, I don't get attached to anything.

I can't remember any pokemon i have release... I think i may have released a bunch of feebas (breeding gives you a lot of useless things) but other than that none.