Looking For Games Like Fire Emblem

Wulfgar85

I think I should do this in tiers.

Minimal thought, relatively lulzy, trollish RNG tier

Pokemon Conquest

Luminous Arc II (I had no unit balance whatsoever)

Much more thought, trollish RNG tier

Battle for Wesnoth

It only LOOKS short tier

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

More unit types and less memorable units tier

Advance Wars (the entire series)

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (both of them)

Disgaea (all of them)

I feel like ripping hair out in chunks and I also need a PSP tier

Final Fantasy Tactics

Yggdra Union

Gungnir

Edited by eclipse

Much more thought, trollish RNG tier

Battle for Wesnoth

More like proven to be insufficiently random RNG in a game where every decision is a coin flip

edit: http://maradns.blogspot.com/2010/07/wesnoths-rng-has-statistical-weaknesses.html

Also the game sucks anyway and the developers are assclowns

Edited by Paperblade

More like proven to be insufficiently random RNG in a game where every decision is a coin flip

edit: http://maradns.blogspot.com/2010/07/wesnoths-rng-has-statistical-weaknesses.html

Also the game sucks anyway and the developers are assclowns

Same game where they "advise" not to save abuse. Like anyone listens to that.

If you would like an incredibly old game, there's Just Breed for NES. I made it to about the second battle before I dropped it, but it seemed cool. You have a bunch of different armies at once or something.

Ogre Battle is great, but much of the series can only be found on inconvenient platforms. At least with a Wii, you can get March of the Black Queen and the 64 game.

It's worth noting that they're not at all like Fire Emblem, but I wanted to give the series a mention because its worth playing anyway.

Not like Japan didn't have its own inter-kingdom stuff (albeit by another name).

gonna have to be pedantic here but

romance of the three kingdoms is one of the defining classical chinese literary works; you simply cannot get it confused with something japanese.

gonna have to be pedantic here but

romance of the three kingdoms is one of the defining classical chinese literary works; you simply cannot get it confused with something japanese.

There's a certain game that I'm pretty sure that I'm not allowed to link that had a similar title, and it was most definitely Japanese (actually, it was the FIRST thing that came to mind). I think it's fairly easy to confuse, and both sides teach a fair bit of history. . .well, except for that game I have in mind.

There's a certain game that I'm pretty sure that I'm not allowed to link that had a similar title, and it was most definitely Japanese (actually, it was the FIRST thing that came to mind). I think it's fairly easy to confuse, and both sides teach a fair bit of history. . .well, except for that game I have in mind.

Lemme guess...Go?

You may also be thinking of Nobunaga's Ambition series

Yeah, that's a part of it, but that's not quite the game that got me mixed up. That series is good for learning who's who in feudal Japanese history.

...You could just tell us which game/series you're talking about.

I mean, the thing itself might be against the rules but we tell people to Google for ROMs all the time and that's not any less effective. <_<

HINTS:

- Something that Crash would faint at the mention of.

Go ask Bal; he'll probably know what came to mind.