Quick Help Question

Anacybele

Can someone tell me how to recruit Geitz? I can't seem to figure it out, and now I've screwed some units because I've left them in his range...

I tried looking it up online as well.

To recruit Geitz, the combined levels of Hector, Eliwood, and Lyn must be >50. Talk to Geitz with Dart once you get Linus' chapter 24.

Eliwood mode: Check.

Linus version of Four Fanged Offense: Check.

Geitz appears in...over there where he appears on Eliwood Mode: Check. (srsly, i havent played Eliwood mode in eons.)

Get Dart over there to talk to Geitz without either getting murdered: Check???

Haven't restarted the chapter yet. Also, I have not used arenas. Does this mean I'm screwing myself? I'd like to use arenas, but I've been reluctant to ever since I couldn't get out of one in Sacred Stones. Pressing B as I was told did nothing, and I'm too afraid of the same thing happening in FE7.

You can get out of arenas with B, you just have to wait for the "round" to end, each "round" being what the fight would normally look like outside the arena. So if, say, you're against an enemy who doubles your unit, you attack, then get attacked twice, and if you press B during any of that, you'll leave after the enemy's second attack. If you wait too long, you'll have to see another round before you can leave.

But, especially in normal, arenas really aren't necessary at all.

Arenas...

Trick with arenas ive found: Bet low (like around 700 gold and less) and you'll be fine. Most of the time. Weapon levels matter here. Say you are arenaing Sain in the Port of Badon chapter. If hes got a higher weapon level in swords, hes gonna be using a sword in the arena. If his sword and lance level are both...say...B, the one level with the most experience in it (say the sword one has a longer bar) is gonna be the weapon hes using in the arena.

Pressing B does get you out. It will cancel the next round of blows. So say, Sain is actually doubling something in the arena. If you cancel it by pushing B, after he doubles his opponent, you are sent out of the arena. (But the arena guy keeps your bet.)

Is it necessary to arena? Nah. Not unless you like having lots of gold and guys promoting at level 20. (and healer spam)

At any rate, don't bother with them (except, like, that late resupply chapter, because there's nothing else to do, and maybe Oleg's chapter if you needed to ramp up lord levels late, which you obviously didn't.

Mkay. I'll consider that because Eliwood is a tad underleveled. I've tried to use him more, but...yeah. xP He's lv. 14 while Hector and Lyn are both lv. 19, so yeah.

Still, 19 + 19 + 14 = 52. So that's why I asked about recruiting Geitz. :D

if your lord levels are lower than 50 you get a completely different version of the chapter where geitz doesn't show up anyway

Yes, I know. You wind up with Wallace instead.