NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

Don't reply to this troll. Fucking idiotic people who obviously don't watch actual football games beyond homering they're own team. And lol Bills, what happened to that supposedly improved defense? Why the hell are they still splitting RB touches between Jackson and Spiller when Spiller is the obviously better back? Bills team is a mess as usual and they'll be lucky to make it to the playoffs especially since there is only one good team in their division (Pats). Playing in a shit division + being in the AFC = nobody gives a fuck if you make it to the playoffs because you're not getting past the Patriots, Texans, Broncos or even the Steelers. Just shut up now and save yourself from further embarrassment.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two incidents where he was accused of rape? I've never heard anything about this. And I read up on my Steeler news. Odd...

Well, whatever. Ben hasn't been in any sort of big trouble in a few years now, so it's all in the past. I just hope he proves me right when I say he's changed for the better and will stay that way.

Randombobman: Yeah, I'll just ignore anymore bullies/trolls. I REALLY don't need such crap right now anyway. I've got a headache, my toe hurts because I picked too much of my toenail off while upset last night (I'm starting to think my nails are my cigarettes), and I nearly popped my left shoulder out of its joint while trying to find band-aids in the kitchen medicine cabinet (I was reaching with my right arm and my left was leaning on the counter. Must've leaned on it wrong), which I couldn't find any. And I know we have some somewhere too, along with Neo-whatever it's called. Disinfectant that comes with band-aids. After that, the pain in my shoulder started to make me feel ill and fatigued, and I went to lay down on my bed for awhile.

And also, Leftwich will have had practice by the time he plays the Browns. He'll play better against them. At least that's what SHOULD happen.

Edited by Anacybele

I am very well aware that the Bills are a mess. And I happen to know alot about football. The Steelers are in serious trouble if Big Ben misses more than 2 more games.

New England has a terrible defence, and are very over-rated so dont put them in the group of "good AFC teams". They have only played 3 games against teams with winning records and they are 1-2 in those games. Their 1 win came against the Broncos back when they were still playing like crap. The Patriots will end up as the 4th seed, and they will not win a road playoff game. If they play the Steelers as the 5th seed with a healthy Ben, they wont win at all.

Personally, the only team I'm worried about the Steelers going against whether Ben plays or not is the Texans. The only time I saw the Steelers play them, the poor black and gold guys got creamed. :(

I'm not saying the Patriots are the favorite by any means, but you can't sleep on them. I could see them beating anyone in the AFC. Houston just proved this week that they're secondary isn't as good as everone thought it was, and you better believe Brady is going to hurry-up the hell out of them anytime J.J. Watt goes to the sideline, just like he did against Von Miller and the Broncos. He knows how to play to his strengths and get the best out of what he's got. The loss of Gronkowski is going to hurt, though he should be back by the playoffs, but the Pats offense is just too high powered to dismiss them from the picture. I personally think the Broncos have the best shot at the title out of the AFC but we really don't know what Manning is going to look like going into the post season.

Ugh, still no Brown? That sucks. He's about as good as Wallace. :(

And my stepdad said the Steelers might also be signing up another quarterback. Not Dixon though, seeing as he went to Baltimore. He can stay there for all I care though. He sucked compared to Batch and Leftwich.

But another QB is probably a good idea because one, NONE of our QBs are 100% right now. Ben's got that busted arm and rib, Leftwich messed himself up playing the Ravens, and Batch is just getting off an injury from back in the preseason, so yeah. Second reason, Tomlin's getting a lot of negative feedback for not taking Leftwich out early against the Ravens and have Batch fill in. I'm personally upset about this too. Leftwich was CLEARLY in no shape to play well after he fucked himself up in getting that TD early in the game. He just could not play well enough after that. I think had Batch stepped in instead, things would've been different and the offense might've scored the few needed points to top those purple birds in the end.

Plaxico is a big body, can spread the field, and is a solid redzone target. He's old though and hasn't played since last year, but with Wallace, Sanders, Cotchery, and (when he's back) Brown on the team he won't need to be his old elite self. It's not really a needed pick up, but it's not bad IMO.

Whenever I watched the Steelers Dixon > Batch or Leftwich. He's faster and made some plays. And he's younger too. But it's not like any of them are starter material so meh. Are there even any good QBs in the free agent pool?

Huh, my stepdad and I always agreed that Dixon was the worst of the three. I recall the Steelers winning a few games in a row using Batch, but only winning like, one with Dixon. And don't forget that Leftwich is getting practice. He'll improve, even after that TD he got himself, I'm sure.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think anyone thought this game would be as close as it is right now

Ahhhhh Hanson misses the game winner so this game is still going

Tough loss man

Edited by Helios

It was a really unlucky miss too. The ball hit the side of the upright but bounced back instead of spinning through as is usually the case. God that was a good game with some stupid shit to ruin it. I'm mad (being a Lions fan) that we lost that even though I picked the Texans to win.

That touchdown was bogus, but please don't blame the refs for that one. Being unsure whether or not Forsett was down they didn't stop the play, which is the right thing to do. The fact that Schwartz threw the challenge flag on a scoring play is the reason the play was not reviewed and overturned, as would be expected.

Now I think it's silly to get that double whammy of not getting a review and taking a 15-yard penalty, but that's the rule. This one ain't on the refs.

Refs making another bad call again? I know how that feels. *is reminded of the two bullcrap calls the refs made in the Steelers vs Giants game that cost the former team*

In other news, did anyone know that Big Ben just became a big daddy? He now has a son named Ben Jr. No joke. And some people keep calling him a racist and talk other shit about him. I hate how this has happened. Ben has gotten into his share of trouble, yes, but he paid the price for it and he's clearly learned his lesson. People need to shut up about the past already and leave the guy alone.

And I've always found Ben to be admirable for his toughness and his persistence. He never gives up on his teammates or his skills. He plays even when he's hurt sometimes and STILL makes plays then too. He's also a good sport, as I've seen him shake hands with his opponents and check on injured players, even if they're not on his team. He'll have his moments, just like anyone will, but I can see he also has a good side. He'll always be a sports hero to me, much like Polamalu and Wallace.

Edited by Anacybele

That touchdown was bogus, but please don't blame the refs for that one. Being unsure whether or not Forsett was down they didn't stop the play, which is the right thing to do. The fact that Schwartz threw the challenge flag on a scoring play is the reason the play was not reviewed and overturned, as would be expected.

Now I think it's silly to get that double whammy of not getting a review and taking a 15-yard penalty, but that's the rule. This one ain't on the refs.

I'm not complaining about the lack of review or anything (I know the rule and I think Schwartz threw the red flag down as a reflex) but that TD was bullshit. He was OBVIOUSLY down. I don't know what the hell the refs were looking at. Blow the damn whistle. That ended up costing the Lions a really important win. #bitterlionsfan

In other news the Jets suck. Really bad. Will they start Tebow yet? If you're gonna lose might as well lose with a QB "who can't play" so you can have an excuse right?