NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

Huh, I would've never guessed.

Well, the Steelers also signed up a new QB. He's Brian Hoyer, and Tomlin said he likes what he sees in this guy. Maybe he should play instead of Batch.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has an infectious personality if you're on his side I think. He seems like one of those guys you hate if he's on the other team, but love if he's on your team.

Hoyer played for MSU (where I thought he was overrated) but actually didn't look too bad with the Pats (but then again everyone looks good in the Pats system, ask Matt Cassel). He should be serviceable as a backup but I wouldn't expect much from him especially since it'll take him a couple weeks to learn the playbook. Signing a new QB makes me wonder if Ben might not come back this week though...oh I guess he wont.

EDIT: Good thing I can read.

Edited by Helios

...That is REALLY messed up. The player killed his girlfriend just because they ARGUED? And he left a baby without parents. He deserved to die, the bastard.

>deserves to die for leaving his baby without parents

>is one of the parents

Kinda contradictory lol. I get that was a horrible thing to do but that doesn't mean anyone should die. It's obvious when looking at this that the guy was depressed and had mental issues (so it was much more than just arguing), which needs to be taken seriously. Mental illnesses and conditions aren't a joke and when you have them it can completely change a once good person. I'm not going to forgive the guy for what he did because it's still horrible, but that doesn't mean I'm sad to see this happen instead of saying "well good riddance".

Oh, well, it was still horrible. I guess I just didn't know ALL of the details.

Also, sorry that your Lions lost, Helios. That was rough. :/ I know how it feels to get a loss like that too, as that's what kicked the Steelers out of the playoffs last season. That game had gone into overtime too.

But going to the present, god damn it, Batch sucks even more than he used to. He's never been able to throw for his life, but what happened to his ability to avoid tackles and buy time? AND WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH WALLACE AGAIN? That guy needs to start catching deep balls again! Not all of Batch's throws to him were Batch's fault. Wallace should've had a couple of those. Wallace was my favorite receiver, he needs to start being a great receiver again. :(

EDIT: YEAH, GO DWYER! He totally made fools of that Raven defense (and right after they said the Ravens defense had not allowed a TD in the redzone in a long time too, haha)! Batch made a key block too. But I'm loving Dwyer right now. x3

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, I"m a lions fan too!! :angry: And yeah, that game fucking sucked at the end. Fuck you luck, FUCK YOU!!!

And lol ravens and bears. Both are 'good' home teams and both lost in rather embarrassing fashions.

Oh, really? I didn't know you were a Lions fan, my bad. If I had known, I completely forgot. xP

And YEAH STEELERS GET THE WIN! SUISHAM DOES IT AGAIN! Suisham is starting to become my favorite kicker ever. He technically hasn't missed a field goal yet this season. His only "miss" was because he didn't quite kick it far enough. Otherwise, he would've nailed it.

My friend was over and isn't a Lions fan, so he was just laughing at me the entire time as Luck embarrassed their defense. That's why you gotta play all 60 minutes though. That was such a disappointing loss. Seems like nothing will go the Lions way this season.

Only caught glimpses of the Ravens/Steelers game before my friend got bored of it and wanted to play Madden, but I see that the Steelers somehow pulled off the upset. Ravens got too cocky hahaha.

Edited by Helios

That's mean. He shouldn't laugh at you because your team lost. >_>

And here's the basic story of Steelers vs Ravens:

Steelers take an early lead with a field goal by Suisham. Ravens also eventually get a field goal and a TD. Sanders drops a pass he should've had and could've even GOTTEN A TD FROM, resulting in a Ravens fumble-recovery. Ravens use it to get a field goal. Clark also picks off Flacco. Dwyer gets Pittsburgh a TD by running a sweet long run, tying the game at 13-13. Ravens get another touchdown thanks to freaking Ed Reed intercepting Batch. But later on, Miller answers that by just BARELY making a legit TD after a pass from Batch. Miller reached over the line JUST BEFORE his foot went out of bounds. Game is tied again at 20-20. Though, Sanders also fucked up another pass that could've been a game-changer. Wallace screwed one up too (not talking about the pass Batch overthrew to him in the endzone). BUT, James Harrison also forces a sack-fumble on Flacco too, which Hood recovers. The Steelers' defense forces the Ravens to punt later and then the offense cleverly runs the clock down as they go down the field so Suisham could kick the game-winning field goal, which was 42 yards or something like that.

Some of those events might be out of order, actually. But I know all this stuff happened. xP

Edited by Anacybele

He's an Eagles fan, so I think he's just a little mad that his favorite team is sucking this year haha.

Hahaha thanks for the summary Anacybele! I'm sure I'll just catch the highlights on sportscenter later tonight to see it all myself.

Ah, well, that's understandable I guess. lol

And no prob, but yeah, you can catch the highlights online. :)

But also, the one thing I didn't like about this game is that bad call against the Ravens where they said Flacco was down by contact when he actually wasn't down at all when he threw the ball. It was obviously good for the Steelers, but I wouldn't want them to win by a fluke. I'd want them to win fair and square. Although, they were screwed over themselves a few times this season, so it was kinda nice to see the OTHER team get screwed for a change. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Ravens get super cocky and play pretty terribly (relatively speaking) when they (theoretically) have an absolute advantage, nothing too new

EDIT: my logical side said "ravens win defo," my gut feeling was "nope we're gonna lose"

apparently flacco has never had a 5 game win streak before either. i guess he never will!

Edited by Lord Raven