So, I saw this conversation about Paris...

Anacybele

Anacybele ... just ignore Fanfaire, okay? Look at my previous post.

Also, to both of you, nothing in FE is "canon" unless IS says so. All those endings in FE7 and FE8? There is no real "canon" one unless IS says so. In the same vein, whether Ike went on his journey alone or with Soren? You can only speculate until IS confirms one way or another.

(Personally, I prefer to think that Ike went alone. I know Soren holds Ike very highly, but it's not particularly healthy to get so attached to one person and one person only. Ike has a much shorter lifespan than Soren does. What's Soren going to do when Ike dies, leaving him alone on some unknown land?)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't change that there is no mention, which means that it's unlikely he went with Ike.

Soren's A doesn't mention Ike either. Therefore, he must have gone with Skrimir.

Yes there is, the supports and the fact that Ike only goes with Soren and doesn't show anything romantic towards anyone but Soren.

He treats Soren as a dear friend and tactician only. Now Skrimir, on the other hand...

Than you're blind and don't understand the Japanese culture concerning things of this nature. The supports were intentional in making them look gay for each other.

How could Ike and Soren be gay for each other when Soren loves Skrimir?

Yes he could, Ike isn't going to stay settled down. Just like how Ike abandoned everyone at the end of RD but his lover Soren. And again, his care for his family was so great that he left them... Only Soren matters

Only Soren and his chances of true love with a dashing young Lion Laguz matters.

Yes you were. You said that Ike deserved to happy happy with a wife while you oppose Ike being happy with Soren because Soren isn't a woman and can't bear him children.

Don't Soren and Skrimir deserve to be happy?

*facepalm*

If Ranulf didn't go with Ike when he went on a journey, why is the ending only achievable with a god damn A support with Ike? Clearly this is meant to imply that Ranulf did go with him in this ending. YOU are the one that's blind, not me.

Just because Ike can support with Soren and Soren can go with him at the end of RD doesn't mean they're in love. Soren can also support and go with Stefan, but I don't see you arguing that they're gay for each other as well.

The supports suggest nothing but a strong bond of friendship.

I think Ike would stay settled down. And I actually think it was out of character for Ike to leave Tellius forever as well. I would think he'd return to visit his friends and family every so often. Soren is NOT the only person that matters to him. Ike cares about all of his friends and family and if he had a child with a woman, he would not abandon them just to be with Soren. He is not that kind of man at all.

Yes you were. You said that Ike deserved to happy happy with a wife while you oppose Ike being happy with Soren because Soren isn't a woman and can't bear him children.

I never said this. I did not say Ike couldn't be happy with Soren just because he's not a woman. I'm no yaoi fan, but I'm saying that I believe Ike does not love Soren. Nothing more.

Look, I'm done with this silly debate. Seoyeon's right, nothing is canon unless IS says so, and this is all up to speculation. I personally like to have Ranulf go with Ike, though in addition to Ranulf being able to hold his own very well without Ike (since Ike has a shorter lifespan than him as well), I'm admittedly a bit biased here because I'm a Ranulf fangirl. xP

Edited by Anacybele

False, Soren's mentions that he goes with ike on a journey as Ike is his one true friend and lover.

Compared to how he treats everyone else and how he comforts Soren he doesn't just treat him as a regular friend as the others.

Soren's heart wanders but it always returns to Ike.

Unlikely, Soren never uses his talents with another and only leaves with Ike. No one ever stood a chance between such pure love that transcends genders.

The ending shows that Soren doesn't feel that way for'em, that's why Soren leaves with Ike and only uses his genius for Ike. For whether it be body, soul, or heart it all belongs to his beloved Ike.

-

Simple, Ike convinced his friend to go on a journey. Nothing says that just because they both go on a journey that they met up or are lovers. While Srens specifically mentions that he goes after he beloved lover on a journey that only consists of the two of them. That's because unlike the other supports Soren only has a different ending of love with Ike as they go on a honeymoon to spread the power of Friendship to other lands.

IS will never say what's canon, that doesn't change that things like Elincia getting with Geoffrey and Soothe and Micaiah end up as a couple. The solo ending is just there if you screwed up and their lovers are dead and are non-canon. Especially since the lovers path in RD is the only changed ending for either character in those pairings.

Edited by Fanfaire

Soren's ending doesn't say Ike is his lover.

Ike hugging Soren to comfort him means nothing except just that, that Ike comforted his sad friend. He'd do the same for Elincia or Mist or anyone else he deeply cared for. I know this from personal experience, as a girl my age once hugged me while I was crying. And neither of us are bi or lesbian.

I never said Soren had to use his talents for Stefan. But from what I know, Soren going to live with Stefan in the Branded village is actually Soren's idea. Soren is not attached only to Ike. This shows that Soren is starting to care about Stefan as well. And wrong, Soren also has an ending with Stefan. He has three possible endings.

And of course, Sothe and Micaiah can get married and Geoffrey and Elincia can get married (for some weird reason), but they also have endings where they are not married. Neither ending is the true ending unless IS says so, and they never will because they want to give us choices.

Edited by Anacybele

Words need not be said, actions speak volumes. ike and Soren confirm their love when Ike allowed only Soren to travel with him and abandon everyone else. For only Soren can withstand the love that Ike can give to another.

The difference is that he has no desire for women and that he knows Elincia is already accounted for. That and Mist is his sister, nothing would come of it and Boyd wouldn't approve.

Yet Soren abandons everyone t be with his beloved Ike and refuses to ues his talents for anyone but his beloved.

No, the non-paired ending for those is non-canon and is only in to cover those that get the paired character killed. The pairings in RD are, without a doubt, canon. Especially when nearly everyone only has 2 ends, unpaired and paired with their lover. With how the game pushes characters, like Geoffrey and Elincia together or Sooth and Micaiah together, it is without a doubt canon that they get wed. This isn't like the gba games where characters have multiple lover choices here.

For only Soren can withstand the love that Ike can give to another.

His durability is awful, though. I'm pretty sure Brom could withstand it best.

The difference is that he has no desire for women and that he knows Elincia is already accounted for. That and Mist is his sister, nothing would come of it and Boyd wouldn't approve.

His only regret is that Brom never needs comforting.

Yet Soren abandons everyone t be with his beloved Ike and refuses to ues his talents for anyone but his beloved.

He doesn't abandon or refuse to use his talents for Skrimir.

No, the non-paired ending for those is non-canon and is only in to cover those that get the paired character killed. The pairings in RD are, without a doubt, canon. Especially when nearly everyone only has 2 ends, unpaired and paired with their lover. With how the game pushes characters, like Geoffrey and Elincia together or Sooth and Micaiah together, it is without a doubt canon that they get wed. This isn't like the gba games where characters have multiple lover choices here.

Exactly. So when I get A supports with Soren/Skrimir and Ike/Brom, it means they have to have fallen in love.

Words need not be said, actions speak volumes. ike and Soren confirm their love when Ike allowed only Soren to travel with him and abandon everyone else.

No, they don't. Nothing says, implies, nor suggests this. And again, you're still ignoring the fact that Ranulf can go with Ike too.

Only, neither Ike, Elincia, nor even Geoffrey CAN remain killed in RD. So there. The pairings in RD are only possible endings, nothing more. Also, I'd give you Sothe and Micaiah, but their A support can be removed.

Edited by Anacybele

Nonsense, magic can fix anything. Besides, when it comes to Sorren, Ike is most gentle.

What Brom desires means little since Ike and Soren are happy with their child through surrogate.

His ending says otherwise.

Impossible, they don't leave with them. Ike and Soren though do leave to be with each other for their love is too strong and forbidden.

-

Yes it does, Ike takes Soren, his lover, with him while none other is worthy of his love.

They can be removed from the equation, and that just reenforces Elincia x Gefforey is canon on to of all their non-support cobversations where they show to have feelings for each other. While Ike, no... Only Soren receives such care from him. You're just in denial, you need to moe on that Ike doesn't love any woman and that those pairings are meant to be taken as canon considering there is no other for any of them.

His ending says otherwise.

The fact that an A support with Ike is required to get the ending in the first place doesn't.

They can be removed from the equation, and that just reenforces Elincia x Gefforey is canon on to of all their non-support cobversations where they show to have feelings for each other. While Ike, no... Only Soren receives such care from him. You're just in denial, you need to moe on that Ike doesn't love any woman and that those pairings are meant to be taken as canon considering there is no other for any of them.

...Elincia never once shows feelings for Geoffrey. Geoffrey does show some for her in PoR, but he seems to have gotten over it in RD, possibly because Elincia is in love with Ike instead. I'm not saying that's definite, only giving a possible reason as to why Geoffrey got over his feelings.

And Ike shows care and passion for all his friends, not just Soren. If you ask me, if Ike loves anyone, it's Elincia. But this is a whole different matter, so I won't get into it.

You're just a blind IkexSoren fanboy who can't accept fact. You won't even admit that I'm right that Soren also has an ending with Stefan in addition to Ike. With your logic, Soren also loves Stefan.

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, I'm pretty sure Soren doesn't have an ending with Stefan. I think I tried it before and got nothing. Of course ... I don't think I've ever had them A support after transferring data from a PoR game with them having an A support. But I'm almost certain Stefan and Soren don't get an ending.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Soren doesn't have an ending with Stefan. I think I tried it before and got nothing. Of course ... I don't think I've ever had them A support after transferring data from a PoR game with them having an A support. But I'm almost certain Stefan and Soren don't get an ending.

...I've read in more than one place that if Soren and Stefan get an A support with each other, Soren goes to live with him in the Branded village. :/

You must not have actually gotten it then. Trust me, I've made such mistakes myself before. That is, thinking I got something when I didn't. xP

No, because I don't care for RD's support system. xP

I just believe it because I've read it in more than one place.

EDIT: ...Huh, one of the places I heard this no longer lists the ending. Guess they had made a mistake after all. Well, this is terrific. Now my fic no longer follows canon. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

Yes she does, all throughout the games on top of his obvious feelings for her. They're knew each other as children and were milk siblings with Geoffrey having obvious feelings for her even outside their supports. So yeah, it was in the game that they loved each other, they just don't get wed unless you do the support. Just like his sister is attracted to that one guy but doesn't start having an affair with him unless the support is done.

That means nothing since that ending is the only one where Ike runs off to be happy with someone. You may hate that it's canon but Soren is the one that Ike gets with, no someone like Elincia who married her only lover choice Geoffrey. And no, Elincia cares for Ike but never felt any romantic feelings for him nor does she even care to partake in such things by RD. There's a reason why their support goes nowhere, it was never going to happen because neither loves each other in that way. That's why Ike is more than happy to ditch her at the end but if Soren and him bond and reveal their true feelings for each other they set off together.

And I know what you want by your avatar. Doesn't change that Ike doesn't love Elincia and doesn't even think of taking her no matter what happens. While he takes Soren with him and their supports show that he cares deeply for Soren, far more than just his regular friends that he would even let Soren alone come with him.

You're just a blind Ike x Elincia fan even though nothing in the game or the endings support it AT ALL. Face it, Elincia got with Geoffrey and Ike got with Soren. Your little fanfic desires mean nothing before reality when the game clearly makes a point not to support your fan pairing no matter how bad you want it. While the ending and game events comletely support Elincia x Geoffrey and Ike x Soren.

-

Whether you care or not doesn't change that they only have one pairing which makes it without a doubt canon, at least the gba games gave multiple partner choices instead of the one.

You know what? I'm done with you. All you are is a blind IkexSoren fan that won't accept fact and just won't stop trying to upset me with your baseless claims. I admit to being mistaken about Soren having an ending with Stefan, but that's the only mistake I've made here.

Good day to you.

At least everyone else can agree Soren/Skrimir, Ike/Brom and Geoffrey/Bastian are the 3TPs, right?

Nah, Soren clearly belongs with Pelleas.

Eh, I don't really care.

I just won't have some blind fan trying to shoot down what I believe in and force me to change my mind. I know I'm a major fan of IkexElincia, but I didn't love the pairing so much until AFTER much of the research I did on it (and to help it, I also examined Ike's relationship with Soren and Elincia's with Geoffrey). It's basically BECAUSE of that research that I love it so much.

And this may seem strange, but I enjoy romances and have for so long that I seem to have gained the ability to sense them, sort of like how Spiderman can sense danger with his spider-sense. When this sense goes off, my tummy feels really funny (depending on whether or not I like the idea of the characters loving one another, this feeling is either nauseating or comforting) and a voice in my head tells me "he loves her" or "she loves him" or "they love each other." And so far, this sort of sixth sense has never failed me. Every time I picked up a romantic vibe between two characters before knowing whether or not the two actually were in love/fall in love, I found that those two characters indeed loved one another. I picked up a lot of romantic vibes between Ike and Elincia, and some from Geoffrey towards Elincia (until RD). I'm right that Geoffrey at least had feelings for her, aren't I? I never picked up any of these sorts of vibes from Elincia towards Geoffrey, but Ike is another story entirely. The vibes from Elincia to him just wouldn't stop! I got vibes from Ike to Elincia as well, but these were somewhat less-so. And I picked up these vibes before becoming a fan of the pairing, so it wasn't a love of it that caused this. Not to mention that this sense goes off for other characters as well anyway.

Admittedly, there was one quote of Geoffrey's in RD that did set off my "romance sense," but that quote was so vague that it could've been intepreted in a number of ways. Plus, that's just one quote compared to several from PoR. xP

I know some people are just going to laugh at this, but I don't care. I know it's true and that's what matters.

Ike seemed like more of an eliwood kind of person IMO

Are you kidding? Eliwood's made of paper. He'd never withstand Ike's love.

Nah, Soren clearly belongs with Pelleas.

Nonono.

Skrimir once complimented Soren's tactical prowess. In canon.

They're clearly meant to be.

We've had this argument before, and closing your ears, screaming "it's my opinion" and all that junk really doesn't support your cause one bit.

...I never did that in here. I just don't want to get into it again. I'm sick of debating over it. I just want to peacefully believe what I believe in without trouble. Is that too much to ask?

Oh, and by the way, I got a huge romantic vibe from the ending cutscene of PoR. In fact, it was so powerful, I seriously thought Ike and Elincia were going to kiss! I was even surprised to get this vibe, as I didn't expect one so strong. The voice in my head was practically screaming "THESE TWO ARE SO IN LOVE, DAMN IT!!" :P:

Edited by Anacybele