So, I saw this conversation about Paris...

Anacybele

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We argued on another forum. GTSPlus, right?

If you're not debating peacefully, then you are doing it wrong.

Yes, I remember. And maybe I am doing it wrong then. But I'm still tired of debating it because I've done it so many times.

I don't need to anyway. From what I know, more people agree with me than disagree, so yeah (this is counting places outside of SF, to clarify)

Edited by Anacybele

You know what? I'm done with you. All you are is a blind IkexSoren fan that won't accept fact and just won't stop trying to upset me with your baseless claims. I admit to being mistaken about Soren having an ending with Stefan, but that's the only mistake I've made here.

Good day to you.

And you're a sad person, you're just angry that your Ike x Elincia was never canon and was never even hinted on. You can't even point to endgame love between them or a support ending, there's literally nothing there. Maybe you should stop living in denial before going against pairings that have much evidence in the games and a support ending that support them.

Edited by Fanfaire

And you're a sad person, you're just angry that your Ike x Elincia was never canon and was never even hinted on. You can't even point to endgame love between them or a support ending, there's literally nothing there. Maybe you should stop living in denial before going against pairings that have much evidence in the games and a support ending that support them.

Yes, I've always been upset that IkexElincia never got an ending, but that is NOT why I refuse to argue with you any longer. I refuse because you're a stubborn and blind IkexSoren fan that won't respect my opinions and just agree to disagree and are mad that Ike got a descendant, confirming that he had a child with a woman, which means he most likely married and settled down because any other option would just be out of character for him.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there is literally no evidence that Ike is sexually attracted to Soren. It is OK to ship whatever you want, but you're being needlessly antagonistic considering your position is not any stronger. It'd probably be for the best if both of you just stopped posting.

[/seriousness]

Ike is sexually attracted to Brom. End of story.

I agree with Baldrick. Like I've said a bunch of times, let's just god damn agree to disagree.

Edited by Anacybele

Just thought I'd do some nitpicking here.

...Elincia never once shows feelings for Geoffrey.
Stopped right there because, really, for starters, how does "Please... Never leave my side... Geoffrey." not give off anything that you call "love vibes"?
And Ike shows care and passion for all his friends, not just Soren. If you ask me, if Ike loves anyone, it's Elincia.
I honestly don't think he would have left, let alone cared whether or not if he was nobility, or royalty in this case, if he did. He might have cared for Elincia, yes. But I wouldn't go as far as to call it "love". There's as much love between those two like there is between Rosie Stark and Largo Potter. Edited by Little Al

Just thought I'd do some nitpicking here.

Stopped right there because, really, how does "Please... Never leave my side... Geoffrey." not give off anything that you call "love vibes"?

Alone, that quote does give vibes, actually. But in the actual game, I think it didn't because of what else Elincia said there. I'm not sure. But even so, I still felt that Elincia showed more love for Ike than Geoffrey. I also think that the tone of voice I had in mind contributed to the absence of vibes when I first read that. It's not just the words used that give off these vibes, it's the tone of voice, the atmosphere, several things.

And that's the only quote Elincia says to Geoffrey that I've gotten any vibes from. Much like Geoffrey's "I am yours" in RD, which has a number of possible meanings. I got many many more vibes between Ike and Elincia.

I honestly don't think he would have left, let alone cared whether or not if he was nobility, or royalty in this case, if he did. He might have cared for Elincia, yes. But I wouldn't go as far as to call it "love". There's as much love between those two like there is between Rosie Stark and Largo Potter.

I believe Ike left of a broken heart because Elincia married Geoffrey (as well as to find new adventures). I don't see why else he would just up and leave everyone he cared about and protected, just like that.

Edited by Anacybele

A ship means that there is doubt, there is no doubt with Ike and Soren. They're lovers just like Elincia and Geoffrey are lovers. It was how the game turned out for them, accept that they have found their love.

Yes, I've always been upset that IkexElincia never got an ending, but that is NOT why I refuse to argue with you any longer. I refuse because you're a stubborn and blind IkexSoren fan that won't respect my opinions and just agree to disagree and are mad that Ike got a descendant, confirming that he had a child with a woman, which means he most likely married and settled down because any other option would just be out of character for him.

Argue? You're just denying the facts because your pairing never existed and are venting on the canon pairings. It's impossible to respect the opinions of one that has no respect for themselves that they would believe a lie because it makes them feel better.

Edited by Fanfaire

Ike wasn't emotional towards Elincia one bit in Radiant Dawn. 3 years is plenty of time to forget someone you forged very subtextual feelings for as well. Furthermore it makes more sense with Ike's character that we know of and/or pretty much 100% know that he probably left because he was considered a Hero among Tellius- ie, akin to a noble. Where's this broken heart you speak of?

Why is everyone ignoring Village girl exactly.. Ike couldn't be with Brom so he married one of his like 50 daughters.

Yes, I remember. And maybe I am doing it wrong then. But I'm still tired of debating it because I've done it so many times.

Then stop and try doing something different.

We all know that Ike got with Village Girl in the end to have a child, his bloodline had to live on. Soren understands that Ike doesn't care for women but that it had to be done for the good of humanity that future generations would be able to understand what fighting for ones friends truly means.

There's nothing wrong with Ike being gay for Soren and using a surrogate because neither was born a woman.They're allowed that happiness at least after all they went through together.

Edited by Fanfaire

Argue? You're just denying the facts because your pairing never existed and are venting on the canon pairings. It's impossible to respect the opinions of one that has no respect for themselves that they would believe a lie because it makes them feel better.

Since when did I not respect myself? You're just pulling all kinds of shit out of your ass, aren't you? And I don't believe any lies. That would be stupid. You just think they're lies because you're so blind.

And Lord Raven, being considered a hero is not akin to a noble. As for Ike showing no emotion towards Elincia in RD, that's false. Some Japanese text has Ike showing clear emotion towards her. As they're talking, Ike pauses/trails off and says something along the lines of "...It seems Crimea has itself a strong ruler." You'd have to read the conversation to get it. You're right that he didn't show a lot, but Ike and Elincia were so close in PoR. That's not the kind of relationship you just forget, even after three years. I have a theory to explain it as well as a theory for the broken heart thing, but I'd have to get into other theories to explain this, which I don't feel like doing at the moment because it's late and I'm sleeply and I can't think clearly right now because I'm so tired.

We all know that Ike got with Village Girl in the end to have a child,

No, we don't. There is absolutely nothing that says or suggests this.

Edited by Anacybele

Sorry, I missed your post.

I'm shutting up now. I'm just too tired and I don't want to debate anymore. I'm done debating about the subject and I wanted to be done a long time ago.

Good bye to this thread.

Huh. I didn't expect that to work.

But yeah. Getting into unpleasant arguments because you feel you have to just isn't fun; it only leads to conflicts with everyone around you. I spent quite a while constantly locked deep into that sort of pattern in the past, on various sites, and it was really just a waste. From that standpoint, it looks like a necessary action to take. From anywhere else... it looks really absurd.

Edited by Othin

being considered a hero is not akin to a noble.

In practice, for Ike, it's the same; everyone knows his name, he has to dress up and go to fancy parties, make polite conversation with people he dislikes, deal with politics and people using his name (like the rebels in Part 2) etc.

I interpret "was never seen again" as "history doesn't say anything about what he did after this time", because he made sure he wasn't in the spotlight.

EDIT: And the argument ended while I was AFK.

Edited by Baldrick

No because I'm glad people realize that this was a discreet way of hinting a character is actually gay (or asexual--since Ike has made it damn clear he has no interest in anything of a sexual nature ever) without plain saying it.

(don't start with heather because we all know how fanboys could care less if characters are lesbians but if they're gay that's a whole 'nother story)

Indeed. Ike being gay for Soren isn't the end of the world, just accept that Ike never loved any of the women. And considering he left on a journey with Soren in the end it means none of the PoR or RD girls got some of that Ike pie, only a random village girl got the honor of being a surrogate for their love.

There is no actual proof that Ike is gay for Soren, even if Soren is gay for Ike. Likewise, it's not absolutely canon that Ike and Soren left together. He could've left alone.

Pretty much, the only thing we get out of FE13 about Ike after the events of RD is that he apparently had a child and Paris is descended from that line. That's it. Everything else is up to speculation. You want to believe that Soren went with Ike and had a surrogate to produce a child for their "true love", fine. If Anacybele wants to believe that Ike settled down and had a family he deserved to have, fine. I don't care. I prefer to ship Ike/don't give a fuck. But for the love of trout, would you both stop prancing around acting like what you believe is "canon" and what "IS intended," seriously?

There is plenty of proof since Soren is Ike's bestest friend and go to man. Their supports just cement their feelings for another and they go off on a journey together as lovers. No women allowed.

No acting here, Ike is gay. Nothing wrong with that and his happiness should be accepted not hated upon. Using Surrogates is also a very healthy and safe option, Ike and Soren would still love the child even if Soren couldn't bear it due to being a man. I'm sure Paris wouldn't really care if his ancestor was gay, that doesn't lessen his deeds at all.

Edited by Fanfaire

This thread is a good reminder that arguing with shippers is like playing chess with a pigeon. You can use your best logic, but they'll just take a dump all over the board and stare at you triumphantly.

Quite an entertaining pigeon on pigeon match this thread was.

Edited by TopHatPanda